[Abandoned] Red Sonja goes to Insmouth V1.1.2 (small edits, plugins reorganization , removed DD requirement) - Fixes, voiced dialogues add-on, misc. for Delzaron's From the Deeps

6 hours ago, Delzaron said:

it's nice to see this old mod is still living.

Your project is good, continue in that way !

Merci! Je fais un petit travail de retour à l'ambiance de départ (réduire le nombre de PNJ vu que j'en ai un peu trop rajouté, densifier le bâti...), et je développe le Drunken Ship (dans l'optique d'ajouter ma quête et/ou une séquence de combat et/ou fuite sur les toits (pour reprendre en partie l'idée de la nouvelle). Et d'autres choses, à peu près tout le voice acting.

J'avais encore quelques questions, si tu as le temps (SPOILERS POUR LES FRANCOPHONES):

- je ne trouve toujours pas la source de l'effet bleu (ce qui veut dire qu'il y a un élément que je ne vois pas et où pourrait se trouver la source du problème de scène à la fin de Submit) (désolé d'insister)

- Est-ce qu'il y avait des trucs concernant Shaga (à part qu'il devient un esclave en conclusion de Submit?) ou Bergritte (je n'ai pas de plan pour Shaga mais j'ai une vague idée de lore à ajouter, sans impact sur la quête)

6 hours ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi I just download this version of From the deep. There are some problems, first if my PC entered some resident's house, when I came out, my PC always stuck in the door. Second, after watch the strange ceremoney, my PC suppose to transfer into the enemy's base, that never happens. 

Please be accurate in your descriptions:

- Which houses/doors are affected? (so I can correct them)

- I haven't touched this scene/script/whatever but:

-- What happens? (CTD, black screen, staying there?....)

-- Have you actually took place at the map marker spot? Did the ceremony actually worked?

-- In any case, FTD is known for quests not moving forward, please use the setstage console commands as indicated in the FAQ (I'll go update the FAQ and troubleshooting about it)

I am getting an error running 'From the Deeps" through texgen for Skyrim SE. Your mod requires that mod as a base, so I thought I would let you know here in case you want to fix this issue yourself otherwise no one using DYNDOLOD can use your mod.

Error: "Skipped Load: Duplicate Form ID: [00012FB4] in file [31] ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp These errors need to be fixed."

Would you know how I would fix this error myself? I have never tried From the Deeps so I was excited to try a non-buggy version. :P 

Edit: Ran .esp through SSEedit and got this from results:

[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [05] ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp
[00:01] [REFR:0511C576] (places ApoScryeTrigger01 "Scrye" [ACTI:02029EE8] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of aFTDRyelh "Ryelh Hall" [CELL:0502851C])
[00:01]     REFR \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0511C56A] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:01]     REFR \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0511C56B] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:01] aFTDAtiaSavedPackage [PACK:0511F56F]
[00:01]     PACK \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:01] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 13263, Errors found: 2, Elapsed Time: 00:01

Anyways I could not see any auto-fix so I don't know what to do here, generally it is not recommended to disable .esp when creating LODs to avoid an error.

Edited by Indolent
2 hours ago, Indolent said:

I am getting an error running 'From the Deeps" through texgen for Skyrim SE. Your mod requires that mod as a base, so I thought I would let you know here in case you want to fix this issue yourself otherwise no one using DYNDOLOD can use your mod.

Error: "Skipped Load: Duplicate Form ID: [00012FB4] in file [31] ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp These errors need to be fixed."

Would you know how I would fix this error myself? I have never tried From the Deeps so I was excited to try a non-buggy version. :P 

Edit: Ran .esp through SSEedit and got this from results:

[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [05] ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp
[00:01] [REFR:0511C576] (places ApoScryeTrigger01 "Scrye" [ACTI:02029EE8] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of aFTDRyelh "Ryelh Hall" [CELL:0502851C])
[00:01]     REFR \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0511C56A] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:01]     REFR \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0511C56B] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:01] aFTDAtiaSavedPackage [PACK:0511F56F]
[00:01]     PACK \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:01] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 13263, Errors found: 2, Elapsed Time: 00:01

Anyways I could not see any auto-fix so I don't know what to do here, generally it is not recommended to disable .esp when creating LODs to avoid an error.

First of all, don't expect a non-buggy version from me V1.1.4 at best: despite Delazron and a lot of users, and despite my own attempts; a near-the-end stage from the Submit path remains stuck without console commands (most other quest stages issues were solved via little tweaking, mostly environmental design).

Secondly, thanks for your message. Much like I didn't initially ran my mod through SSEEdit before an user told me about it here (note: the errors in my mod should only refer to unfinished quests and dialogues), I forgot to do it to the base mod (I try to forget about it to avoid saving changes to it instead of to my mod).

You're right about talking to me about it, given Delzaron has numerous other projects going on and given the goal of my mod. 

I am a bit puzzled:

- I have no idea what to do about the first error (or anything involving VMAD) (@Delzaron?)

- the second error doesn't is corrected by my mod, so it shouldn't matter

- my LOD-related nightmare didn't included any FTD-related issues.

Here's the fix, in the faulty package, add as condition Subject.GetStage(aFTD4End2 "Revenge!" [QUST:0A14B340]) >= 150.000000

I don't see how that's relevant, nor if it will be of any use (let me know!), but that removed the error message on that end, and should fix the Resist post-ending, unless it was an error on purpose?

36 minutes ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

First of all, don't expect a non-buggy version from me V1.1.4 at best: despite Delazron and a lot of users, and despite my own attempts; a near-the-end stage from the Submit path remains stuck without console commands (most other quest stages issues were solved via little tweaking, mostly environmental design).

Secondly, thanks for your message. Much like I didn't initially ran my mod through SSEEdit before an user told me about it here (note: the errors in my mod should only refer to unfinished quests and dialogues), I forgot to do it to the base mod (I try to forget about it to avoid saving changes to it instead of to my mod).

You're right about talking to me about it, given Delzaron has numerous other projects going on and given the goal of my mod. 

I am a bit puzzled:

- I have no idea what to do about the first error (or anything involving VMAD) (@Delzaron?)

- the second error doesn't is corrected by my mod, so it shouldn't matter

- my LOD-related nightmare didn't included any FTD-related issues.

Here's the fix, in the faulty package, add as condition Subject.GetStage(aFTD4End2 "Revenge!" [QUST:0A14B340]) >= 150.000000

I don't see how that's relevant, nor if it will be of any use (let me know!), but that removed the error message on that end, and should fix the Resist post-ending, unless it was an error on purpose?

So your fix didn't help with texgen, however I did resave the .esp in Creation Kit (with your fix included) and everything works fine now. I don't know if this effects anything in the original mod, but now I can use texgen and if necessary I can replace the esp again with old one if needed. The LOD/textures will get generated this way. Here is the file for anyone who wants it. :)

Thanks so much for your help and I don't know why I needed to resave .esp, many other mods have not been an issue with Dyndolod. :S

ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp

On 4/26/2022 at 2:46 PM, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Second, after watch the strange ceremoney, my PC suppose to transfer into the enemy's base, that never happens. 

Still eager for details, but I'm investigating Grummkol's consolidated version, and I forgot to told users to download Fasterflight patch (or Grummkol's version) to remove the issue. I left a message to Delzaron asking him about the content of the last update, to see if the fix had been included.

7 hours ago, Indolent said:

So your fix didn't help with texgen, however I did resave the .esp in Creation Kit (with your fix included) and everything works fine now. I don't know if this effects anything in the original mod, but now I can use texgen and if necessary I can replace the esp again with old one if needed. The LOD/textures will get generated this way. Here is the file for anyone who wants it. :)

Thanks so much for your help and I don't know why I needed to resave .esp, many other mods have not been an issue with Dyndolod. :S

ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp 1.49 MB · 0 downloads

That's strange, but at least it works. I'll complete the file's page with a link to this, thanks!

Also in case anyone wanted to know, this mod works fine with Skyrim AE and 1.6. I have encountered no issues so far, didn't realize this mod added new music either, was creepy! DYNDOLOD also worked perfectly and LODs are beautiful, I can see Innsmouth from Blue Palace.

8 hours ago, Indolent said:

Also in case anyone wanted to know, this mod works fine with Skyrim AE and 1.6. I have encountered no issues so far, didn't realize this mod added new music either, was creepy! DYNDOLOD also worked perfectly and LODs are beautiful, I can see Innsmouth from Blue Palace.

Thanks for testing it! Could you precise what "1.6" is (SKSE?)

(I'm currently building a "vanilla AE -updated, not purchased-" game with a light LO on my laptop but something cause CTD at launch, so still haven't been able to)

I still have to take a closer look at the different FTD versions and hear from Grummkol and Delzaron to see which versions is the most appropriate to use (and where to go to already upload a consolidated version of both of theirs, before heading towards a more consolidated version with my fixes), but in the meantime I can add all of your points in the file's description page.

Yeah, Delzaron picked great tracks (I particularly loved the "deaf growl", though i initially believed it to happen on specific moments of the quest, as it often popped around the time "I heard a strange noise" pop-up appeared). I'm currently looking to add more (whether it will feature in this mod or in a latter project remains unknown), as well as sound emitted by creatures (SPOILER for those who prefer to have some surprises when starting a quest mod)

Spoiler

I used Vicn's Shoggoths and added the (large bulky kind) with this sound (not really a Shoggoth sound, just the sound a D&D NPC named Tekeli-li, but I think it instill. Still needs to balance them, but they do great as patrols, guards, pets.

My major issues is to find relevant, quality, free-to-use stuff content.

Would you be so kind and take a few screenshots of distant Insmouth, from any and all directions you would see fit, and allow me to post them (with credits oc) on the files' page?

My LOD use was short-lived given I keep modding stuff (and I don't whether or not it worked). I'm also quite curious to see what is rendered and what is not, and to which distance.

13 hours ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Thanks for testing it! Could you precise what "1.6" is (SKSE?)

(I'm currently building a "vanilla AE -updated, not purchased-" game with a light LO on my laptop but something cause CTD at launch, so still haven't been able to)

I still have to take a closer look at the different FTD versions and hear from Grummkol and Delzaron to see which versions is the most appropriate to use (and where to go to already upload a consolidated version of both of theirs, before heading towards a more consolidated version with my fixes), but in the meantime I can add all of your points in the file's description page.

Yeah, Delzaron picked great tracks (I particularly loved the "deaf growl", though i initially believed it to happen on specific moments of the quest, as it often popped around the time "I heard a strange noise" pop-up appeared). I'm currently looking to add more (whether it will feature in this mod or in a latter project remains unknown), as well as sound emitted by creatures (SPOILER for those who prefer to have some surprises when starting a quest mod)

Reveal hidden contents

I used Vicn's Shoggoths and added the (large bulky kind) with this sound (not really a Shoggoth sound, just the sound a D&D NPC named Tekeli-li, but I think it instill. Still needs to balance them, but they do great as patrols, guards, pets.

My major issues is to find relevant, quality, free-to-use stuff content.

Would you be so kind and take a few screenshots of distant Insmouth, from any and all directions you would see fit, and allow me to post them (with credits oc) on the files' page?

My LOD use was short-lived given I keep modding stuff (and I don't whether or not it worked). I'm also quite curious to see what is rendered and what is not, and to which distance.

1.6 is Skyrim SE with the free AE update, and the DLC that came with that, not paid one. I have 550 mods or something in my game, and only have been having some issues with one mod really and everything else works great. I did have some issues getting first ritual to work (aFTD2Ceremony) but using setstage 40 skipped the problem.

No worries I will take some screenshots to show. Edit: here you go.

20220429152200_1.jpg

20220429152700_1.jpg

20220429153033_1.jpg

Edited by Indolent
On 4/28/2022 at 9:03 PM, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Still eager for details, but I'm investigating Grummkol's consolidated version, and I forgot to told users to download Fasterflight patch (or Grummkol's version) to remove the issue. I left a message to Delzaron asking him about the content of the last update, to see if the fix had been included.

That's strange, but at least it works. I'll complete the file's page with a link to this, thanks!

I'm using Grummkol's version.

Spoiler

After comparing your mod with Grummkol's in SSEEDIT, I found out that your quest (aFTD2ceremony) refers to Fragment_6 which do not exist in "qf_aftd2ceremony_05025637.psc" in both Delzaron's original version and Grummkol's version in "source/scripts" folder (please see attached screenshots below in Spoiler).

Spoiler

891401854_Cap2022-05-0117-40-53-588.png.895a1e925fd03291dce412a90355adf5.png

"qf_aftd2ceremony_05025637.psc" only contain Fragment_0 to Fragment_5. Hence, correcting "Fragment_6" in your "ETM_RedSonjaStandalone.esp" to "Fragment_3" like Grummkol's version will solve this problem since I did not have this issue in Grummkol's version.

Note that "Fragment_3" in "qf_aftd2ceremony_05025637" contains important "setstage(40)" which solves this ceremony issue (please see the attached screenshot in Spoiler).

Spoiler

1349114947_Cap2022-05-0117-52-09-698.png.23c82907f1cca8e29a7b36596f4931d2.png

Edited by aliceqwer3141
Adding missing information on "Fragment_3"

On 4/30/2022 at 12:15 AM, Indolent said:

1.6 is Skyrim SE with the free AE update, and the DLC that came with that, not paid one. I have 550 mods or something in my game, and only have been having some issues with one mod really and everything else works great. I did have some issues getting first ritual to work (aFTD2Ceremony) but using setstage 40 skipped the problem.

No worries I will take some screenshots to show. Edit: here you go.

Thanks for the clarification (I haven't followed much after the "don't update your game" epidemic, simply updated it on one PC and not on another one to see both sides)

I'm still amazed that such a specific error (not any error, as there is still one after the fix) might (may? I'm not sure of the right tense to apply to express surprise and not falsely-hidden-suspicion (not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm not native of an English-speaking country)) stop TexGen.

Also thanks for the screenshots! Now I'm definitively convinced that 1) I like the tower-prison in its concept and general structure, but it needs a better choice of building blocks and 2) I need to resolve the snow aspect of Insmouth and the forest, and its inconsistency with their environment (the harbors west, seen on the 1st screenshot, would have eased the issue).

I've added your issue to the FAQ, will add the pics in the next update of the page.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:51 AM, aliceqwer3141 said:

I'm using Grummkol's version.

Reveal hidden contents

After comparing your mod with Grummkol's in SSEEDIT, I found out that your quest (aFTD2ceremony) refers to Fragment_6 which do not exist in "qf_aftd2ceremony_05025637.psc" in both Delzaron's original version and Grummkol's version in "source/scripts" folder (please see attached screenshots below in Spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

891401854_Cap2022-05-0117-40-53-588.png.895a1e925fd03291dce412a90355adf5.png

"qf_aftd2ceremony_05025637.psc" only contain Fragment_0 to Fragment_5. Hence, correcting "Fragment_6" in your "ETM_RedSonjaStandalone.esp" to "Fragment_3" like Grummkol's version will solve this problem since I did not have this issue in Grummkol's version.

Note that "Fragment_3" in "qf_aftd2ceremony_05025637" contains important "setstage(40)" which solves this ceremony issue (please see the attached screenshot in Spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

1349114947_Cap2022-05-0117-52-09-698.png.23c82907f1cca8e29a7b36596f4931d2.png

Damn, I shot my own foot and have no recollection of pulling the trigger (I suck at script-related stuff so I usually stayed away from them for this mod). My bad, I'll try to upload a corrected ESP before next week (Fasteflight also gave me a few tips and directions to follow).

Just trying this mod for the 1st time, a quick notice : if you try to go directly to insmouth without starting the quest (it was not very clear that you should talk to an innkeeper or to Falk to start it), then the guard lets you in for 200 septims but after that all the pirates are hostile and since the town is full of pirates, you spend your time fighting !

It's just a detail, when I saw that I guessed I had not started this the right way and found the info about the innkeepers and Falk...

4 hours ago, zelurker said:

Just trying this mod for the 1st time, a quick notice : if you try to go directly to insmouth without starting the quest (it was not very clear that you should talk to an innkeeper or to Falk to start it), then the guard lets you in for 200 septims but after that all the pirates are hostile and since the town is full of pirates, you spend your time fighting !

It's just a detail, when I saw that I guessed I had not started this the right way and found the info about the innkeepers and Falk...

Yes, that's on my list. I admit I kept it as a testing utility. The option was added in From the Deeps to be used around the time between the time you talk to Falk and the moment you pay the gatekeeper (I modified it to be available at start).

It's removed from the next version. I actually intended to rework the whole entrance in the town thing, to allow players to visit Insmouth without starting the quest (I don't like invisible walls, and there's too much surface to cover to find a relevant in-universe explanation).

On 5/5/2022 at 7:33 PM, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Thanks for the clarification (I haven't followed much after the "don't update your game" epidemic, simply updated it on one PC and not on another one to see both sides)

I'm still amazed that such a specific error (not any error, as there is still one after the fix) might (may? I'm not sure of the right tense to apply to express surprise and not falsely-hidden-suspicion (not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm not native of an English-speaking country)) stop TexGen.

Also thanks for the screenshots! Now I'm definitively convinced that 1) I like the tower-prison in its concept and general structure, but it needs a better choice of building blocks and 2) I need to resolve the snow aspect of Insmouth and the forest, and its inconsistency with their environment (the harbors west, seen on the 1st screenshot, would have eased the issue).

I've added your issue to the FAQ, will add the pics in the next update of the page.

Damn, I shot my own foot and have no recollection of pulling the trigger (I suck at script-related stuff so I usually stayed away from them for this mod). My bad, I'll try to upload a corrected ESP before next week (Fasteflight also gave me a few tips and directions to follow).

1. The error stopped me from using TexGen in the new 3.0 version (DYNDOLOD3) which has a built in error checker and will not let you build textures or LODs with "broken" mods. I imagine this was added to lower the amount of error reports from people using the mod incorrectly. Other than FTD mod, only 1 other mod stopped the program from working which was "Ashlander Camp New Zainab SSE" which also was broken; unfortunately I could not report the bug since they disabled comments and forums.

2. About the tower, something you should know is that the steps to the top are so high and narrow, that if you run quickly up the tower you can easily clip through it, just an FYI I noticed. The stairs also don't show in the distant LODs as you can see in the screenshots.

3. Something you probably can't fix since it is so dependent on load orders, I noticed a lot of clipping grass in the upper part of the town near the gate. Other than that the redesign of the town is quite nice. And the mod Depths of Skyrim compliments your mod very nicely btw.

Continuing the very early part of this mod : when sent to talk to Susana, if it's morning she is at home, the door is not locked, but if you enter it's seen as a trespassing and she refuses to talk and threats to call the guards ! So well I had to go elsewhere and returned later, after noon, this time I found her in the inn and from there she takes me to her home and everything is fine...

(eventually door locked and use "simply knock"...)

And I confirm for the fragment_3 instead of _6 from the post up, it allows to play normally "a strange ceremony".

Then there are often problems with this zzap stuff, I lost the parasite in the back pretty quickly and in the end I had only a collar on the neck, even my hands and feet were free... ! I might replay this part later, but being turned into a fuck toy is not a lot of fun... (although with slso you can avoid the orgasms, the time rate remains low, but it's still boring !).

by the way not installing "simple slavery" is probably the best, this way the carriage has an accident and you are free in the wilderness, well naked and without anything, but still free... ! I mean if you follow the advice to install simple slavery + things in the dark, things in the dark is said to be quite unstable, so it's probably not a super idea if you can avoid it...

Anyway I'll try that again later to see if I can at least keep the parasite... !

Edited by zelurker

Ok, after redoing the stuff : the parasite explodes the 1st time you have some sex with the slave master, so it's not an accident, but there could be some text in the quest to confirm it's normal. After that I understood it's because my character is to be sold as a slave so they remove the parasite, whatever its goal was.

There are 2 ways, the evil one (submit), and the good one. The evil one is a little cheap, 3 vows which enslave the character for life, and no way to change ? Well if there is a way, it's not in the 1st steps for sure, and betraying the good guys after that, no thanks, so I went back to being a sex toy for the slave master.

After that accident of the carriage, and lost in the wilderness somewhere far north of Riften, naked. Well since I didn't install devious devices, they didn't work very well : I could fight, but bare handed only, it was enough to defeat 1 wolf anyway (having occasto recital from apocalypse, an iron skin was cast on me at the start of the fight, it helps quite a lot), but I couldn't cast any spell manually. Also since I don't have any mod installed who makes npcs crazy when they see someone naked so it was relatively easy to make it to riften, sneak quite a lot. I couldn't run because of the restraints, but I walked relatively fast anyway, I met another deserter from the trailblazer mod and these guys are crazily hostile, I could simply avoid most of his attacks by doing some zigzags ! And the temple of Riften where the priest can indeed free me was a relief... !

After that return to home, well they stole most of my stuff, you don't usually plan to be in the wilderness naked, maybe I should have saved some more stuff before going there... ! Anyway to make it short, the rest worked wonderfully until the start of the revenge, I am back to insmouth, with my gear, and ready to make them bitterly regret their deeds ! I'll do that later !

Edited by zelurker

Well I finished the mod "the good way", the bad one, they tried to send me to fetch some ingots naked with the interdiction to go to towns ? What a mess ! Plus I didn't like the idea anyway.

No major bug except when you get the quest objective "go to the ceremony", the path is totally wrong, it sends you through the path you took last time to spy on the ceremony, except this time there is a wall blocking the access in the middle of the tunnel... I used the console to disable it, and when reaching the temple the wood panels blocking the access to the ceremony are gone, but instead there is an invisible wall blocking access both ways ! So I just noticed from the map which location was linked to this place, reloaded and went there instead of the bad path, it worked.

Also the fight is really impressive and well done, I had a doubt I could do it at first, level 18 when I arrived in the kind of hermaus mora world but when I was about to give up I noticed you could see the lurkers from far away, so you could sneak attack them with a bow ! That's how I could defeat the majority of enemies there, it was a super extreme revenge you could say, but in the end my character really deserved the 5000 septims for freeing the girl !

One of the objective of the quest was never finished, it was about killing I don't know which name it was, I can reload to check it if you are really interested, but it didn't prevent me from finishing the quest anyway.

Globally interesting work despite the remaining bugs here and there ! And really these lurkers made impressive opponents, bethesda probably decided they were too powerful to have more than 1 at the same time against the player, it was a good idea to give this a try !

Ah there seems to be a bug I didn't notice earlier because I hadn't time to use anything cooking pot or magical table : the player stops to use it after about 1s, which prevents from doing anything with it, it seems to happen because of what happened with the zzaz elements she got when she got raped by the lurker and after got this parasite on her back. From the saves I did during this time, this is what started this effect, but I can't stop it, the zzaz mcm has no effect on it.

So if anybody has any idea on how to restore normal controls...

As it is now, she can't use any working bench, forge cooking pot, magical table, anything, the animation starts and stops immediately.

Well I made some little progress : the only way I found which works to restore normal behavior is to remove "from the deeps" and "red sonja". After this my character can sit and use working benches again without trouble, and this was just a vague memory !

At least it confirms the problem is from here, and not in zaz which has some very good safety measures in its mcm for that, but here it can't help.

So well if nobody has an idea to help, I'll probably remove these mods even if it's not advised for a skyrim save... last resort... !

As a last notice : I tried to minimize as much as possible all interaction with these devices, when asked to go in the weird thing with all these little beasts inside, I had noticed that you keep 4 pieces of the thing attached to you when you get up after this, and the quest updates as soon as you are just standing near it, so that's what I did, I just stood near it to avoid the glitch, but obviously it was not enough... It's clearly the most serious bug for now in this mod, it won't be immediately a save killer because I can still reload the save for now after removing the mod, but it's quite a disaster... Too bad...

Edited by zelurker
  • 1 month later...

Sorry about the lack of support and updates, I've got little to no time to allocate to Skyrim and will have even less in the next weeks.

Thanks for the messages, I'll try to sort it out when possible.

Please note that next to nothing has been done for the Resist Path. I'll list FAQ, troubleshooting and such related to it, but nothing else is planned in the short or middle terms. Until another mod creator joined the project, don't expect much my mod for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion for a modification to the 'evil' path - instead of having a locked-on parasite and THEN a locked-on dress, how about just modifying a vanilla dress (and male outfit, just to be equal) to use a different Body slot like 52 or 60 (better yet, have versions of the same outfit for two or three different Body Slots, and a dialog option to choose which one you get).

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A big sorry to anyone using this mod, I have very little motivation to work further on it right now (though I might have a look soon to clean up and offer a consolidated version, no promises). I thought I had posted a message about it in December that also answered the last messages.

@zelurker, I'll have to check again for Susanna. I'm baffled at myself for not having listed Simply Knock in recommended mods.

On the good path, as I said, I didn't touched anything.

On the evil path, I intended to complexify  it, get rid or the ingot quest, and I had a plan to replace it with a multi-solution quest tied to the new Fairspire location but I lost the lengthy script and dialogue I had written somewhere.

On the Zaz devices messing with player controls and 1st person as well as the PC keeping bits of devices after entering them, I have the issue even without RedSonja loaded, it's not (only?) tied to FTD or RS.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, qalavix said:

Suggestion for a modification to the 'evil' path - instead of having a locked-on parasite and THEN a locked-on dress, how about just modifying a vanilla dress (and male outfit, just to be equal) to use a different Body slot like 52 or 60 (better yet, have versions of the same outfit for two or three different Body Slots, and a dialog option to choose which one you get).

I'm listening, but I don't understand the need for it (meaning I literally don't understand, I'm not dismissing your idea and if you propose it, it is presumably helpful). Could you elaborate?

On 12/9/2022 at 2:15 PM, Akasha77 said:

Hi!

Trying to install your mod but I only get error all the time when it reach 60 %,  I´m using NMM and I refuse to use Vortex (won`t work for me at all).

I use MO2 to install it, maybe you should try it, from what I've heard, it's quite similar to NMM but up to date.

Apart from this "advice", I don't know what could cause or solve the issue.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:24 PM, ExodusTransonicMercury said:
On 7/6/2022 at 10:40 AM, qalavix said:

I'm listening, but I don't understand the need for it (meaning I literally don't understand, I'm not dismissing your idea and if you propose it, it is presumably helpful). Could you elaborate?

Sorry, I'm a little vague on names and similar details as it's been quite a while since I played Skyrim myself.

I'm gonna spoiler this JUST in case someone hasn't played the mod yet and wants to be surprised.

Spoiler

You see the ceremony but then get captured and thrown into a cage, and have to make a choice...

In the 'evil' path, a parasite is locked on your body (Slot 32) which is supposed to make life really hard for you for a while (can't wear armor).

You go talk to the Argonian priest in a tavern in Innsmouth and get a mission.

(there may be an intervening bit where you're supposed to go out and find 50 bars of steel and ten of something else while effectively naked, which I always console-cheat past, (because fuck no I'm not running around naked trying to find all that when dragons and stuff are flying around and randomly encounter-able))

Then, you are given a dress (don't know if males can play this or what they get) which is also Slot 32 and also cannot be removed; in-game, the Argonian high priest says it's to cover the parasite.  Then you go off and talk to Skald The Elder in Dawnstar, and Erikur and Sybille Stentor in Solitude. (IIRC)

My suggestion was, instead of that dress being Slot 32, make it Slot 51 or 60 or 61 (or hell, make an .INI file the player can use to set a number) so it will go 'over' the parasite and actually hide it.  I.e., dress says Slot 60 but actually the model is Slot 32 and for visual purposes replaces the parasite-model-on-body.  Or, give the priest a dialog (a little fourth-wall breaking) to ask YOU-the-player what slot the clothing should be.  Like his dialog is literally "Pick a Body Slot number for your clothing: 51, 60, 61, 32?" 

You would have to prepare clothing models for each of the choices, though:

• Dress which goes into inventory as Slot 51 but visual model covers the torso
  • Dress which goes into inventory as Slot 60 but visual model covers the torso
  • etc

Then you can allow the dress to be removed as normal - but then you'll be running around with this tentacle thing wrapped around you, which really ought to penalize Charisma/Speech checks... ?

Also since this 'evil' option pushes you into being kind of a skank (which seems to happen a lot in LL mods with quests  ? ), maybe the dress should be the tavern wench dress, rather than a 'normal person' dress.

Edited by qalavix