Phoenix Flavours Wabbajack install. Sexlab modding viability?

I am now using Wabbajack, it is going quite well. I plan on using a SFW MO2 profle and a NSFW profile of the above mentioned modlist. One profile where it stays as it is and one that is modified with Sexlab content. I am not in a hurry, so I am going to take a little time modifying the modlist. Little to no removal of mods, just adding Sexlab mods on top. Anyone else have experience modifying modlists off of Wabbajack? If not, what would need to be done to properly mesh the modlist with Sexlab? I could also use Sme(ft), probably the most moldable modlist on Wabbajack. General guidance someone could give me? Also, I am aware that it is generally unadvised to modify modlists from Wabbajack, since the whole modlist was tailored to the vision of the modlist author/authors, with each mod included, merged, patched, and edited to compile into one stable package. I don't expect the creator/creators of the modlist or lists from Wabbajack to give me support with modifying the modlist beyond what they advised. I keep the original Phoenix Flavours modlist in its own separate profle on MO2 for this reason, I will only ask for their support on that out of the box version. The separate NSFW profile of Phoenix Flavours is something I will figure out by myself and through the assistance of other modders that wish to help through their own fruition. The modlist creators are not required to help me tailor their creation to my liking, I am completely fine with that. I am simply a modder who wants to have fun with some NSFW content in Skyrim Special Edition.

Edited by Nexus72
  • Nexus72 changed the title to Phoenix Flavours Wabbajack install. Sexlab modding viability?

While I am not familiar with TPF wabbajack install, I will say that self-customization of any "guided/wabbajack" modlist install is definitely viable, provided you are generally comfortable and familiar with  :

ESL/ESPFE-ifying (and/or mod merging, to a lesser extent)

reviewing conflicts in xEdit and generating your own custom xEdit patches as needed

Basic understanding of load order sorting, both ESP/record ("MO right pane") and asset ("MO left pane") overwriting

(re)running Nemesis, FNIS and all that may entail

Synthesis, zEdit, Bash, Smash, and leveled list patching

(maybe DynDOLOD/xLODGEN/occlusion patching -- if your additions have LODs you want to include)

Some suggestions would be to always save a base/unmodified profile you can go back to. Liberal use of MO2 profiles can be very convenient and a load order-saver! Put your additions at the tail end of the list (both left and right panes of MO2) and hand sort them. DO NOT use LOOT. Ever.

Load the entire list into xEdit and create a custom, master patch of your own at the tail end of the entire list. Go through every addition/modification, review each and every record conflict and decide if/how to resolve in the custom patch you create. Also take a look at any asset (left pane) conflicts and decide if/how to resolve them.

Before you begin, understand that  you are 100% on your own with all this. But you seem to be OK with that so...Good luck! It can definitely be done with a little patience.

3 hours ago, PepperDog017 said:

While I am not familiar with TPF wabbajack install, I will say that self-customization of any "guided/wabbajack" modlist install is definitely viable, provided you are generally comfortable and familiar with  :

ESL/ESPFE-ifying (and/or mod merging, to a lesser extent)

reviewing conflicts in xEdit and generating your own custom xEdit patches as needed

Basic understanding of load order sorting, both ESP/record ("MO right pane") and asset ("MO left pane") overwriting

(re)running Nemesis, FNIS and all that may entail

Synthesis, zEdit, Bash, Smash, and leveled list patching

(maybe DynDOLOD/xLODGEN/occlusion patching -- if your additions have LODs you want to include)

Some suggestions would be to always save a base/unmodified profile you can go back to. Liberal use of MO2 profiles can be very convenient and a load order-saver! Put your additions at the tail end of the list (both left and right panes of MO2) and hand sort them. DO NOT use LOOT. Ever.

Load the entire list into xEdit and create a custom, master patch of your own at the tail end of the entire list. Go through every addition/modification, review each and every record conflict and decide if/how to resolve in the custom patch you create. Also take a look at any asset (left pane) conflicts and decide if/how to resolve them.

Before you begin, understand that  you are 100% on your own with all this. But you seem to be OK with that so...Good luck! It can definitely be done with a little patience.

I won't run LOOT, but can I not use it to check for compatibility issues/patches? No sorting whatsoever, but just using its initial scan? Is it recommended I use zEDIT over xEDIT? If not, then should I use its Zmerge option?

Edited by Nexus72

Yeah I guess I should have been more clear. LOOT should be fine just for it's messages & warnings, but definitely don't do any LOOT sorting. I personally do not use LOOT any more, and do any needed sorting by hand.

As for xEdit vs. zEdit, these are really two somewhat different tools...And my understanding is that zEdit's main patching functions have been replaced with Synthesis by most guides. zEdit/Synthesis is used mainly (only?) for automated patching, while xEdit is mostly used for custom patching by hand (but an xEdit merge patch is a thing, which is pretty much automated).  IMO xEdit shows you everything you need know for patching, once you understand/decide what your intent is -- what records/sub-records you want to win each conflict. It takes some practice but over time it becomes easier. I started back on the old manual STEP guides that took me forever back in the day, now I can generally spin up a new build in a couple hours using a stock guided install as a "template" saving a ton of time.

zEdit's merge function can still be used, but I would go the ESL/ESPFE route in nearly all cases over merging. Last I checked, zEdit will fail when you get over 255 total plugins (my current build is up to 865... a LOT of ESL/ESPFE conversions!) I have just one merge, that includes a huge pile of custom armor and clothing mods that rarely change (and don't need a ton of masters, so it's pretty simple to merge them on a custom/limited profile without all mods active).

Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I would prefer to not to steer people towards customizing guided/wabbajack installs so as to not run afoul of the original authors...I have the experience to fix near all problems myself, but I absolutely do not want to point anyone towards trying this if they end up breaking things... Ultimately you are on your own 100% once you start tinkering with a guided/wabbajack install.

Edited by PepperDog017
On 9/17/2021 at 3:39 PM, PepperDog017 said:

Yeah I guess I should have been more clear. LOOT should be fine just for it's messages & warnings, but definitely don't do any LOOT sorting. I personally do not use LOOT any more, and do any needed sorting by hand.

As for xEdit vs. zEdit, these are really two somewhat different tools...And my understanding is that zEdit's main patching functions have been replaced with Synthesis by most guides. zEdit/Synthesis is used mainly (only?) for automated patching, while xEdit is mostly used for custom patching by hand (but an xEdit merge patch is a thing, which is pretty much automated).  IMO xEdit shows you everything you need know for patching, once you understand/decide what your intent is -- what records/sub-records you want to win each conflict. It takes some practice but over time it becomes easier. I started back on the old manual STEP guides that took me forever back in the day, now I can generally spin up a new build in a couple hours using a stock guided install as a "template" saving a ton of time.

zEdit's merge function can still be used, but I would go the ESL/ESPFE route in nearly all cases over merging. Last I checked, zEdit will fail when you get over 255 total plugins (my current build is up to 865... a LOT of ESL/ESPFE conversions!) I have just one merge, that includes a huge pile of custom armor and clothing mods that rarely change (and don't need a ton of masters, so it's pretty simple to merge them on a custom/limited profile without all mods active).

Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I would prefer to not to steer people towards customizing guided/wabbajack installs so as to not run afoul of the original authors...I have the experience to fix near all problems myself, but I absolutely do not want to point anyone towards trying this if they end up breaking things... Ultimately you are on your own 100% once you start tinkering with a guided/wabbajack install.

I think I will just build up my own modlist. I will play a Wabbajack modlist mostly while I make my own modlist as a side project. I will probably just make a headache for myself fiddling with a stable modlist someone else weaved together to near perfection. I don't want to unweave such crafts of art. Thanks for the information though. Especially xEDIT.

Edited by Nexus72

I did that on one of Phoenix flavour addon list (dragon's edition).

Testing it right now.

One things to keep in mond about Phoenix list is it includes a custom conflict resolution patch which is mandatory.

Each time I tried to deactivate it the game won't launch (infinite loading screen).

But you build your list on top of it.

If you use the same addon, depending on what you want to do, you will have to convert a lot of plugin in light esp.