Dear Dragonborn; go fuck yourself.

I really tried to like you; in-fact, for most of the time I played you, I REALLY liked you. And then you fucked me over in the worst way in the end.

Fuck that final boss. Fuck him and the fact that I had to restart the fight ten times just to get him to not stay locked in being invincible after absorbing his first dragon soul. Fuck the fact that I'm still stuck on him because of this. Fuck the fact that I have to save scum just in the hopes that I can see the next phase. Fuck the fact that I have to FIST FIGHT HIM because even using pickaxes somehow takes his health down so fast and far that he bugs out and stays invincible.

Fuck you Bethesda. Seriously, did you even QA this? Or did you just toss it out because your tester monkeys were all level 10 by the time they got to him and didn't have any trouble?

I really tried to like you; in-fact, for most of the time I played you, I REALLY liked you. And then you fucked me over in the worst way in the end.

Fuck that final boss. Fuck him and the fact that I had to restart the fight ten times just to get him to not stay locked in being invincible after absorbing his first dragon soul. Fuck the fact that I'm still stuck on him because of this. Fuck the fact that I have to save scum just in the hopes that I can see the next phase. Fuck the fact that I have to FIST FIGHT HIM because even using pickaxes somehow takes his health down so fast and far that he bugs out and stays invincible.

Fuck you Bethesda. Seriously, did you even QA this? Or did you just toss it out because your tester monkeys were all level 10 by the time they got to him and didn't have any trouble?

I had the same issue and i have broken the mouse and keyboard from nerves with those bugs

(how many times you can beat him ?)   yes i know i could use the console :angry:

Looks like the ESMs need to be cleaned up with TES5edit, followed by installing the unofficial patches.

Modern technology is a mess.. Bugs, errors, updates and such...

Most other games that I played only needed official patches, but in this case Skyrim has to be the most labor-intensive in terms of modding and maintenance... But I intend to keep the game on my drive, even if lately I'm experiencing some CTDs.

BTW, there's a fix (not covered by the present unofficial patch) for the final quest against Miraak.

Not Dragonborn related, but Hearthfire today decided that it should not let me build any more wings on the last two houses that I had (as in neither house had any wings). Went into the crafting menu dozens of times, fast traveled, tried to build things in my one finished house, nothing.

I had to disable the .esm, save, then enable it, wiping all my progress, just to reset everything.

I really don't like Dawnguard because of its whole ability to wipe mass amounts of NPCs out of cities, but it's the least buggy expansion of the lot, it seems.

Looks like the ESMs need to be cleaned up with TES5edit, followed by installing the unofficial patches.

Yeah, i've have all that, and still have to be very, very careful not to over damage him.

I hope Bethesda never attempts a heavily scripted boss battle again :rolleyes:

I honestly think they meant for this guy to be fought at very low level; they never expected a level 110 character with a 250 damage Volendrung to smash his face in with three hits. Or somebody with a 119 damage Mehrunes' Razor. Or a 10 damage Ancient Nordic Pickaxe.

... Did they really expect me to have to fist fight him?

At least your character has a great story to tell the mini-Dragonborns when he has kids.

"And so I went up to the evil, mind-controlling dragon warrior with unspeakable eldritch powers at his disposal...

AND PUNCHED HIM IN HIS STUPID MASKED FACE.

And then he fell through the floor the end"

Just a thought guys, some of you may have been there and done that probably a year ago and you all got heated u over it.

But for him / her  this is new. Probably better to let them get it off the chest.  And if you dont want to deal with it pont them in a Q / A

And let them figure it out.

I have not beaten the game yet to be honest. Why is the game bombing out? and is it really worth going to the part of the game?

I mean is it really that bad at that part of the game?

As weird as this might be, the first time I did battle with him was on the xbox and he didn't glitched at all. He hasn't done it on my pc version. I'll be honest, my game does have CTD's, hell there are some days that is a pain, but most of the time it's my fault for having almost 200 mods running.

Just a thought guys, some of you may have been there and done that probably a year ago and you all got heated u over it.

But for him / her  this is new. Probably better to let them get it off the chest.  And if you dont want to deal with it pont them in a Q / A

And let them figure it out.

I have not beaten the game yet to be honest. Why is the game bombing out? and is it really worth going to the part of the game?

I mean is it really that bad at that part of the game?

In my opinion Miraak is a better "final boss" than Alduin (if he doesn't go full retard bugbear)...actually I think the whole Dragonborn main questline would've been way better as a main quest than the vanilla main quest.

The only negative thing is the extremely awkward dragon riding, which makes a big part of the bossfight bad but still better than Alduin

It's a known vanilla game issue. And it's the most ball breaking, soul crushing issue.

I finally managed to do it, after so much suffering and pain. And in one final FUCK YOU to me, his body clipped through the floor so I had to TCL to get it.

I'm sorry to say that I laughed hard after reading this, and what's sad is that I get this kind of BS from games I play all the time. I feel like I'm cursed and the games are purposefully trying to piss me off XD

But I feel your pain man, I feel your pain...

Non-Dragonborn related but bug related.  I just did that Mreidia's beacon quest last night.  After I beat the boss, Eridia gives me the Dawnbreaker,  then drops me on the ground and I die.  So now I'm right back to where I was before I beat the boss and having a hard time of it.  Oh joy!  Dumb goddess.

Non-Dragonborn related but bug related.  I just did that Mreidia's beacon quest last night.  After I beat the boss, Eridia gives me the Dawnbreaker,  then drops me on the ground and I die.  So now I'm right back to where I was before I beat the boss and having a hard time of it.  Oh joy!  Dumb goddess.

Looks like a script problem. Have you got the unofficial patches installed?

Archived