Hello. I'm trying to run SE with a relatively barebones set up modwise but I can't get animations working for the life of me. I have FNIS. I have SexLab. I have the SexLab Animations Loader. I have two custom animation packs. But nothing. At all. "Count animations" is showing zero animations for both human and creatures. Register animations finds nothing. Enable all does nothing. Reset animation registry does nothing. Below is my load order. What am I doing wrong?

Untitled.png

Guessing

1)  At least in my experience, installing animation packs prior to SLAL results in them not appearing in SLAL

solution - uninstall animation packs and reinstall only once SLAL is installed

Your description sounds like what I experienced when I first tried using animations (aside form the stock)

2) Animation packs made for LE don't work in SE.

solution - uninstall animation packs made for LE and only install animation packs made for SE

unlikely but possible

3) already said above. Make sure they show up during FNIS processing.

other than that, at least from your description alone, and your plugin listing (which is a bit pointless in proving you actually have animation packs installed, since animation packs don't show in that listing) hain't the foggiest. 

Edited by anjenthedog

Generated FNIS multiple, endless times. After each mod change. Nothing. FNIS acknowledges that animations exist somewhere though which pisses me off.

Animation packs were installed after installation of SLAL. Animations were double-checked to be ported over to SE, they're not made for LE.

What bothers me in this is that even the stock animations from SexLab don't show up. They should at least show up, right? At this point I'm just gonna uninstall everything and reinstall mods from zero.

You're kidding me. After hours of trying everything, reinstalling, uninstalling, etc. the problem was... that I wasn't in third person when building the registry.

That was it. That was all.

If you found this topic on Google and don't have any animations, go into third person and rebuild the animation registry.

17 hours ago, Arcnod said:

You're kidding me. After hours of trying everything, reinstalling, uninstalling, etc. the problem was... that I wasn't in third person when building the registry.

If you found this topic on Google and don't have any animations, go into third person and rebuild the animation registry.

That sounds hilarious, are you sure this was really the reason? I've rebuild the registry before in first person, I just tried doing a small change to one of the json files, rebuilt in first person, and it was reflected properly. Take that just as a heads up, it might have been something else. For instance, if you were rebuilding it via the SLA Loader mod menu (I do not remember how it worked in SL itself), there's the tricky part where it says it has successfully completed after a couple of seconds, but that's not true. If you open up the console after that, you will see that the rebuilding goes on afterwards, so you might be able to interrupt it accidently, I've had similar problems in the past. As a rule of thumb these days when I rebuild the registry, I open the console and wait for all the animation to process before I carry on with the game.

22 hours ago, Arcnod said:

I can't fucking believe that I struggle for like 2 days with this and thats the solution XD. Your an actual life saver. How dumb lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded a new mod and needed to update an old mod and then I couldn't use some animations anymore. 

After trying the reasonable stuff, I reinstalled or updated about 10 mods, because I didn't even remember where I did get that animations from.

thanks for posting the solution

• 2 months later...