Can I force animations to play without the appropriate objects?

There are some animations that I would like to see, but since the objects on which they are supposed to play are from DLCs I currently don't own I can't just start them normally. I was wondering if it's possible to force animations to start, object be there or not. With most of them I don't see the big issue if they happen on the floor instead and after all there is an option that you can enable that then allows you to freely position your sims anywhere while the animations play which would already enable you to watch every animation anywhere, be it at a completely missplaced location or not. So is it somehow possible to force an animation to start with an inappropriate object instead?

On 8/28/2021 at 2:21 AM, KeyCo69 said:

There are some animations that I would like to see, but since the objects on which they are supposed to play are from DLCs I currently don't own I can't just start them normally. I was wondering if it's possible to force animations to start, object be there or not. With most of them I don't see the big issue if they happen on the floor instead and after all there is an option that you can enable that then allows you to freely position your sims anywhere while the animations play which would already enable you to watch every animation anywhere, be it at a completely missplaced location or not. So is it somehow possible to force an animation to start with an inappropriate object instead?

There is no "easy through in game menu" way to do it, but you could edit the xml file in the animation package and change the possible locations and/or objects needed. Like you say, depending on the new location it could look really odd, but it should work. 

I guess you can edit it if its for personal use only, but you can also ask the author.

Edited by babuchas
1 hour ago, Crashdown117 said:

Alternatively, you can edit some "fitting" CC object and change its ID to create a replacement for the missing object. That way, you won't lose your changes when you update the animation package.

That is a great idea, that way it might be even easier, cool :)

3 hours ago, babuchas said:

That is a great idea, that way it might be even easier, cool :)

Well, the time and effort you have to put in is pretty much the same, but the big advantage is that you don't have to mess around with some XML file too much (the number one source of errors, from my experience at least). Then again,   most of your time will probably be spent waiting until Sims 4 Studio has finished loading ?

It's all somewhere in that thread from back in February, but for convenience, I'll quickly repeat it here (from my memory, while waiting for S4S to finish loading).

You just copy the prop GUID from the "Snippet Tuning" component (use Ctrl+F to quickly find the prop section in all of this XML code),

convert it to hexadecimal (because you need a hex number for whatever reason),

and then use it to replace the ID of your CC object of choice (I suggest creating a copy of the file for this, so that the "original" remains unchanged and you don't end up with yet another case of a missing prop).

The only thing you have to remember is that the ID is actually found twice within the object .package file - once in "Object Definition" and once in "Object Catalog".

(Meanwhile, S4S is stll loading...)