"Missing CAS parts" and "Invalid cum type event" errors?

I am running v165i. And the only real problem I have is that I keep seeing the same animations over and over despite having more than 1,000 available. I frequently run into the "no animations available for selected sim" error. It wasn't until I looked at the infolog that I realized this may be because of something I can fix. But I don't know how to fix it. The log shows a bunch of things not loading because of missing CAS parts. How do I identify what is missing? The log doesn't give details. The other common error I see in the log is "invalid cum type event". This seems to be blocking a lot of animations from even loading.

The lastexception webpage just showed a bunch of "unknown error" messages when I tried the file there.

The game runs fine. I don't see anything more than the usual glitches during animations. So it seem the only problem caused by these errors is that they prevent animations from loading. I'd like to fix that if possible. Of course, if anyone sees any other problems in the log that could be fixed I'd like to know that as well.

lastException.txt WickedWhimsInfoLog.log

8 hours ago, SouthernGorilla said:

The lastexception webpage just showed a bunch of "unknown error" messages when I tried the file there.

You likely have a mod or cc that's broken causing errors.

So you will have to use the 50/50 method removing mods/cc to find them.

You also have two duplicates so you need to find them and delete.

Any body parts you have by [BB] Better Bodies are obsolete and broken but the only one still working is the Female Top.

Thanks. My wife and I are planning a purge of the CC. I get rid of broken stuff pretty regularly, but there's always a piece hiding somewhere. There is a ton of stuff that can go though. We've noticed that even stuff that isn't obviously broken can cause problems. If it takes a second or two to load in CAS it will cause lag in-game. 

Last night I nuked it from orbit. Moved the mods and music folders, deleted the entire TS4 folder. So anything in the tray or settings that was causing a problem is gone.

I did have some BB stuff. I'll double-check if it's still around. 

1 hour ago, SouthernGorilla said:

Thanks. My wife and I are planning a purge of the CC. I get rid of broken stuff pretty regularly, but there's always a piece hiding somewhere. There is a ton of stuff that can go though. We've noticed that even stuff that isn't obviously broken can cause problems. If it takes a second or two to load in CAS it will cause lag in-game. 

Last night I nuked it from orbit. Moved the mods and music folders, deleted the entire TS4 folder. So anything in the tray or settings that was causing a problem is gone.

I did have some BB stuff. I'll double-check if it's still around. 

It is good to do some "spring cleaning" from time to time. We all accumulate a lot of stuff that we never or very rarely use, and duplicates can sometimes be quite difficult to find (for example if you have the same cc but with different names). 

On 8/30/2021 at 10:51 AM, babuchas said:

It is good to do some "spring cleaning" from time to time. We all accumulate a lot of stuff that we never or very rarely use, and duplicates can sometimes be quite difficult to find (for example if you have the same cc but with different names). 

Just deleted a pile of duplicates. Used Scumbumbo's mod conflict detector to find them. I have a powershell script that searches for duplicate files as well. But it's a bit tricky to work with. Also used the tray importer to delete a good bit of cruft the wife selected for disposal. We really need to purge our build/buy collection. But that could take a week to sift through.

I was going to do another 50/50 as recommended above. But I don't have anything really breaking the game. So I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. Or would it be a matter of using the WW log or lastexception files to find what is broken?

20 hours ago, SouthernGorilla said:

I was going to do another 50/50 as recommended above. But I don't have anything really breaking the game. So I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. Or would it be a matter of using the WW log or lastexception files to find what is broken?

Broken mods/cc that cause errors are easier to find and remove.

But the ones that don't cause errors but only glitch on occasion are much harder to find as are the ones that cause game lag.

Long process to find them sometimes as they don't always act up straight away but it might take days or only happen when doing something specific.

More Mods/CC = More possible problems.

This is when it's important to have all you mods/cc organized by categories each in their own separate folders.

Example:

Mods/CC Hair

Mods/CC Clothing

Mods/CC Makeup

Mods/MCCC

Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Mods/Wicked Animations

etc.

Now you can remove folders by category or mod name one or two at a time for testing.

It helps to narrow down the problems and isolate to one folder.

Now you use the 50/50 method on that folder to narrow it down further.