ZAP Helper Addon 8.0+ Extension - MULTI NPC SUPPORT

@Cycorix

Got 11 Spells in Console, incl the main one.

After Using it in game, only 7 were added to the spell list.  Had to add the others by player.addspell etc

Pics attached showing what was where

The MO install looks OK, but I've attached pics so you can see what's there

After the manual additions it all seems to be fine

Incidentally I added that Remove Furniture Spell too, and that seems to do the trick if you want to remove stuff when it's finished with.  Mod 74 on my game is 'PAH Home Sweet Home'

Hope that helps

IMG_Console 1.JPG

IMG_Console 2.JPG

IMG_Spells loaded to game Initially.JPG

IMG_MO Install 1 Scripts.JPG

IMG_MO Install 1 SEQ.JPG

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

@Cycorix

Got 11 Spells in Console, incl the main one.

After Using it in game, only 7 were added to the spell list.  Had to add the others by player.addspell etc

Pics attached showing what was where

The MO install looks OK, but I've attached pics so you can see what's there

After the manual additions it all seems to be fine

Incidentally I added that Remove Furniture Spell too, and that seems to do the trick if you want to remove stuff when it's finished with.  Mod 74 on my game is 'PAH Home Sweet Home'

Hope that helps

IMG_Console 1.JPG

IMG_Console 2.JPG

IMG_Spells loaded to game Initially.JPG

IMG_MO Install 1 Scripts.JPG

IMG_MO Install 1 SEQ.JPG

Oooookay now you got me ?

I don't know why you're only getting 7 spells, this doesnt seem to make sense...

ZFPInitScript: (in its entirety - it's not very long)

Spoiler

Scriptname ZFPInitScript extends Quest  

Actor Property PlayerRef Auto
     GlobalVariable Property zfpExtensionSpellsAdded Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurniturePlacerSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureDeleteSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureSelectSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureResetSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureClearUnusedSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureNPCLockSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectLockSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureLockedNPCAlignSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureReleaseAllLockedNPCSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPClearInsLockTargetSpell Auto

Function AddPlayerSpell()
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurniturePlacerSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureDeleteSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureSelectSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureResetSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureClearUnusedSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureNPCLockSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectLockSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureLockedNPCAlignSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureReleaseAllLockedNPCSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPClearInsLockTargetSpell)
     zfpExtensionSpellsAdded.SetValueInt(1)
EndFunction

They are all in that list, yet you are not getting "FurnitureDelete" (the second spell in the list), but you *are* getting "Instant Lock to zbfFurniture", which is number 8.

I don't understand ?

The first place I can think of to check, is you need to:

Spoiler

1. open the .esp in Creation kit

2. in the left tab, navigate to Quests

3. filter by ZFP, open the records for ZFPStartup (I think its called)

4. in the script pane of the object window, double click the added scripts and make sure that the Spell Properties have been correctly linked between the script and the actual spells. 
4.5 (save the esp if you found any missing properties and fixed them)

This is juuuust about the only thing I can think of that would cause such an issue? Unless it's because of it being on SSE.

Two more pieces of info that would really help:

1. On a new game, screenshot the debug messages showing the spells being added (like I posted from mine). just make sure you get them all. I want to see what order the spells are adding and what is skipping.

2. use sqv on either ZFPAliases or ZFPStartup and find out the value of variable zfpExtensionSpellsAdded, 0 or 1.
You're definitely getting spells from the extension, which makes me think that variable will be 1. Not sure if it makes a difference where the variable is but still interested.

Hmm....confusing one! :P 

Edit: also like I said regenerating the SEQ file in an SSE Creation Kit is probably not a bad idea either just in case ^

Basic SEQ generation instructions: 

Spoiler

1. Go to Steam. ...
  2. Find the Creation Kit, open its properties.
  3. Click "set launch options"
  4. Enter a command like this: -GenerateSEQ:pluginname.esp (Where pluginname.esp is your mod file)
  5. Save the changes.
  6. Launch the CK and DO NOT disturb it while it processes.
Edited by Cycorix
2 hours ago, Cycorix said:

Oooookay now you got me ?

I don't know why you're only getting 7 spells, this doesnt seem to make sense...

ZFPInitScript: (in its entirety - it's not very long)

Reveal hidden contents

Scriptname ZFPInitScript extends Quest  

Actor Property PlayerRef Auto
     GlobalVariable Property zfpExtensionSpellsAdded Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurniturePlacerSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureDeleteSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureSelectSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureResetSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureClearUnusedSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureNPCLockSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectLockSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureLockedNPCAlignSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPFurnitureReleaseAllLockedNPCSpell Auto
     Spell Property ZFPClearInsLockTargetSpell Auto

Function AddPlayerSpell()
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurniturePlacerSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureDeleteSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureSelectSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureResetSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureClearUnusedSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureNPCLockSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureNPCSelectLockSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureLockedNPCAlignSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPFurnitureReleaseAllLockedNPCSpell)
     PlayerRef.AddSpell(ZFPClearInsLockTargetSpell)
     zfpExtensionSpellsAdded.SetValueInt(1)
EndFunction

They are all in that list, yet you are not getting "FurnitureDelete" (the second spell in the list), but you *are* getting "Instant Lock to zbfFurniture", which is number 8.

I don't understand ?

The first place I can think of to check, is you need to:

Hide contents

1. open the .esp in Creation kit

2. in the left tab, navigate to Quests

3. filter by ZFP, open the records for ZFPStartup (I think its called)

4. in the script pane of the object window, double click the added scripts and make sure that the Spell Properties have been correctly linked between the script and the actual spells. 
4.5 (save the esp if you found any missing properties and fixed them)

This is juuuust about the only thing I can think of that would cause such an issue? Unless it's because of it being on SSE.

Two more pieces of info that would really help:

1. On a new game, screenshot the debug messages showing the spells being added (like I posted from mine). just make sure you get them all. I want to see what order the spells are adding and what is skipping.

2. use sqv on either ZFPAliases or ZFPStartup and find out the value of variable zfpExtensionSpellsAdded, 0 or 1.
You're definitely getting spells from the extension, which makes me think that variable will be 1. Not sure if it makes a difference where the variable is but still interested.

Hmm....confusing one! :P 

Edit: also like I said regenerating the SEQ file in an SSE Creation Kit is probably not a bad idea either just in case ^

Basic SEQ generation instructions: 

Hide contents

1. Go to Steam. ...
  2. Find the Creation Kit, open its properties.
  3. Click "set launch options"
  4. Enter a command like this: -GenerateSEQ:pluginname.esp (Where pluginname.esp is your mod file)
  5. Save the changes.
  6. Launch the CK and DO NOT disturb it while it processes.

I should love to help, but TBH I am right out of my depth wrt what you're asking me to do.  If you look at the Devious Chests thread, you can see what an absolute pig's ear I made of doing something like just trying to add a Location Keyword to a house esp, and managing to create an esp which is anything but what it should be  LOL

As for a new game, I am still trying to make my first one work, let alone try anything unduly clever like starting a new one

The best that I can really suggest is

1 - Find someone who knows what they are doing to help you.  I would if I could, but my grasp is pretty much limited to basic 'inquisitional' work, and you really you need someone better at all the creative stuff than I am

2 - install and set up SSE for yourself.  It took me about three weeks from scratch, with quite a few blunders and surprises on the way, but I have to say that so far it seems pretty much worthwhile

I've tried to do what I can here, but I'm not too proud to say that that's about my limit

Otherwise, what you say is very true.  It all sounds very weird. Maybe someone who has used this more successfully on SSE can tell you if they converted it to Form 44 and if that made any difference? - or what else they may have done?

But I am very grateful for the time and effort that you have obviously put into this, and helping me out.  The mod is so, so, much better in its scope than the original LE version was, and I would recommend it to anyone else thinking about trying it out.  And the simplest solution to stop being plagued by ppl like me with problems like mine would be to put the detailed console instructions on the front page   LOL

Take care, and have fun

I use it on SE and got 11 spells.

What I could do is make 11 spell books as patch, if this would help you and Cycorix agrres to it.

OK, made them, craftable. If you want it, I attach it here.

Edited by T-lam
forgot a word
2 hours ago, T-lam said:

Your problems sounds like scriptlag. coc qasmoke, deinstall, run cleansaver and reinstall in the cell.

The books will overcome the problem, but not solve the real issue.

that's what I thought... but on my LE game, I have over 200 mods all firing up simultaneously. The MCM is updating itself 50 menus at a time... If anyone was gonna see spells not being added due to script lag surely it would be me ?

craftable spell books sounds like a good idea, feel free to post them here ^ 

3 hours ago, donkeywho said:

1 - Find someone who knows what they are doing to help you.  I would if I could, but my grasp is pretty much limited to basic 'inquisitional' work, and you really you need someone better at all the creative stuff than I am

2 - install and set up SSE for yourself.  It took me about three weeks from scratch, with quite a few blunders and surprises on the way, but I have to say that so far it seems pretty much worthwhile

1. You imply that I know what I'm doing, which for the most part I honestly don't ?

2. Sorry, I don't have SSE to set up, so the chances of me running sse are slim to none. 

So weird that it's a) happening, and b) only to you. This kinda implies that its something going wrong within your build.

Another test would be, disable the ZFP esp file and start new game. Let the mods install, sexlab, ZaZ, etc. Configure them in MCM. Then make the savegame and reload, as they require to initialize. Except before you reload, you quit out and enable the ZFP esp file. Then hopefully it will be the only thing installing, maybe it will work if the scripting is under less load.

And yeah next time I'm in CK I might jump into the spells list and get all their IDs just to save people time who are having a similar issue.

6 hours ago, Cycorix said:

that's what I thought... but on my LE game, I have over 200 mods all firing up simultaneously. The MCM is updating itself 50 menus at a time... If anyone was gonna see spells not being added due to script lag surely it would be me ?

craftable spell books sounds like a good idea, feel free to post them here ^ 

1. You imply that I know what I'm doing, which for the most part I honestly don't ?

2. Sorry, I don't have SSE to set up, so the chances of me running sse are slim to none. 

So weird that it's a) happening, and b) only to you. This kinda implies that its something going wrong within your build.

Another test would be, disable the ZFP esp file and start new game. Let the mods install, sexlab, ZaZ, etc. Configure them in MCM. Then make the savegame and reload, as they require to initialize. Except before you reload, you quit out and enable the ZFP esp file. Then hopefully it will be the only thing installing, maybe it will work if the scripting is under less load.

And yeah next time I'm in CK I might jump into the spells list and get all their IDs just to save people time who are having a similar issue.

"1. You imply that ... "

LMAO!  Laugh of the week, so far

OK, more seriously, trying to add a bit more ....

1 - A big thanks to @T-lam, who might well have done the business for you.  If he's happy for you to do so, put his spell books on the File Page as downloadable for anyone having difficulty seeing them.  While I haven't tried it, if it just 'dumps' the Spell Books on the player, those they already have should show up as 'read' and they would just need to read the rest.  If that's a bad assumption, I'm sure that @T-lam will tell us why... ?     I reckon that's your simplest option

2 - If you give people an 'Add via Console' solution as well. surely you don't need to include the full file IDs?  If the spells all contain 'furniture' in the name, you just need to list the spells by the name in which they will appear in the console, ask ppl to search for 'furniture', then compare the full list there with what's in their in game spell lists, and then, for any they are missing, 'player.addspell NNxxxxxx', NN being the mod number that will be in their plugin list, and the rest as shown

3 - The 'new game' option is great for those with minimal mod lists, but I have about 150+ mods, incl a few big merges, BEFORE I even get to those that come from LL, and getting a New Game set up properly can easily take 2 to 3 days.  I'm really not trying to be unhelpful, but it's not worth doing here when you already now seem to have at least two workable solutions

I hope you get to the bottom of this, for your own peace of mind, but you've got enough to offer new users to make sure that they should all be able to get it up and running properly

11 hours ago, donkeywho said:

3 - The 'new game' option is great for those with minimal mod lists, but I have about 150+ mods, incl a few big merges, BEFORE I even get to those that come from LL, and getting a New Game set up properly can easily take 2 to 3 days.  I'm really not trying to be unhelpful, but it's not worth doing here when you already now seem to have at least two workable solutions

I think you misunderstand. By new game, I mean start a new save on your existing build. Should have no effect on what you have ^ you just get 1 or 2 'spam' saves from when you're in the LAL cell, but you can delete these.

p.s. my load order is longer, and it took me 3 months to set up ? partly because some of the mods were physically incompatible and I had to learn how to mod skyrim so I could make compatibility patches :P  But I've had to rebuild so many times I've got my install time down to about 12-16 hours... lol. 

Funny cuz some of the glitches reeeeallly don't come from where you think they are..

EDIT: actually just realised that you said 150+ including big merges. I hope you didn't let Wyrebash automerge because I'm told that's a badness ? Unless you're actually in touching range of the 255 limit you shouldn't have to merge? I'm on 215 plugins currently and probably won't ever merge because I'm not sure I could even find another 40 decent mods that would work in my game ahaa, everything is pretty maxed out, I'm just tickling the limits of what the VRAM and Papyrus are capable of lol

For fast testing purposes of any particular mod, if you have the disk space I keep a spare install of Skyrim laying around with just a few barebones frameworks. Just rename all your skyrim related folders to skyrim.backup and then verify local files, steam will helpfully install a 2nd copy :P then through careful file/folder name management you can run either one. Bit of a pain though which is why I'm trying to talk through this glitch without having to reactivate my test build ^ 
(if you do the above then seriously, back up the files that contain your load order, or you're pretty much screwed. just saying! lol)

I do kinda think that whatever is happening is specific to you. other people are not getting the same issue, even on SSE. That's why i'm interested as to what happens on your 150+ load order during the first few seconds of a new save. For some reason I think your skyrim is doing something like reading every other line in the script or something, Idk.

The test that would really help is, as before:

-disable the esp in your LO for ZFP. (uncheck its box in the load order - at least on NMM) Don't move it in the order, to keep your main save happy (just in case).
-
start a new save and let the mods setup (wait until no messages come up) -this generally only takes tens of minutes, even for hundreds of mods
-install sexlab via mcm
-register sexlab animations to Zaz in MCM
-save the game
-restart skyrim, after enable the esp for ZFP, without moving it in the order
-load your save
-see if all 11 spells add properly

^^^that entire test should take about 30 minutes, just MO and ingame,  no rebuilding your install or anything silly like that. 
Either, 1) it works fine. - meaning the scriptload of other mods you use is causing it, I can't really fix that, but I can give you the spells so it doesn't matter.
 or 2) it doesn't work, in which case I actually have something more to investigate.

After that, you can just carry on with your main save. Since you can just manually add spells, having it work from the start is not important.

Sadly there isn't much investigating I can really do. As far as I know, it all works under the only test conditions that I am capable of creating. I can't work on a fix for a glitch that doesn't happen on my system :P 

This is one of the main issues writing anything for pc. There are so many possible hardware and software combinations that it is practically impossible to write sensible code (or even create hardware) that works in every possible combination. Inevitably, something will not work for someone somewhere because of some reason...

For instance, the only reason that the script for ZFPe is 30,000 lines long is because it had to account for every possible lock combination between the 10 dialogue aliases and the 50 static aliases, which then requires 500 paragraphs of almost identical but slightly different code. Frankly, it was daft but by then I'd gone too far to quit ?

Oh and a reason to include the full IDs  is because there's a range limit to PgUp on console, so they should theoretically get spammed off the page if you had other mods that added stuff with a furniture keyword.

Edited by Cycorix
11 hours ago, donkeywho said:

(replies below)

"1. You imply that ... "

LMAO!  Laugh of the week, so far

No seriously, everything I know about Skyrim modding (apart from basic load ordering) I learned because of, and while, making this mod. ? Although I have modded other games in the past and written a lot of LuaScript which maybe gives me a head start aha. 

hell, I never even configured N++ for Papyrus so I have to write all my script in effectively plaintext, I don't even get the colours and expansion boxes to help me ?

1 - A big thanks to @T-lam, who might well have done the business for you.  If he's happy for you to do so, put his spell books on the File Page as downloadable for anyone having difficulty seeing them.  While I haven't tried it, if it just 'dumps' the Spell Books on the player, those they already have should show up as 'read' and they would just need to read the rest.  If that's a bad assumption, I'm sure that @T-lam will tell us why... ?     I reckon that's your simplest option

I think they are craftable? if it added the spellbooks to the player who knows if it will run into the same glitch, after all the spells are supposed to add to player.
Either way yeah they will likely end up on the downloads page for those who need them. Maybe along with a downloadable .text file with the spell IDs. 

Either way, again thanks T-lam :) 

books craftable, one leather, at forge. Plugin fe flagged, do not count on the 255 slots.

To the glitch.

Before I installed the update, I removed all former scripts with Fallrim Resaver.

For scripted stuff it's always a good idea to remove old scripts. This could be the reason, the old scripts distributed less spells and is still active.

9 hours ago, T-lam said:

books craftable, one leather, at forge. Plugin fe flagged, do not count on the 255 slots.

To the glitch.

Before I installed the update, I removed all former scripts with Fallrim Resaver.

For scripted stuff it's always a good idea to remove old scripts. This could be the reason, the old scripts distributed less spells and is still active.

I wrote a fix for that into ZFPe - if you install the update onto a pre-existing version, a variable is used to add the extra spells the first time you cast the Furniture Placement spell (which brings up the ZFP menu). It then sets the variable to 1, which then causes the Menu spell to function as before from that point on.

However looking at the spells Donkeywho got, it looked like they were a mix of both the old and new spells, which is why it's confusing ?

13 hours ago, Cycorix said:

No seriously, everything I know about Skyrim modding (apart from basic load ordering) I learned because of, and while, making this mod. ? Although I have modded other games in the past and written a lot of LuaScript which maybe gives me a head start aha. 

hell, I never even configured N++ for Papyrus so I have to write all my script in effectively plaintext, I don't even get the colours and expansion boxes to help me ?

I think they are craftable? if it added the spellbooks to the player who knows if it will run into the same glitch, after all the spells are supposed to add to player.
Either way yeah they will likely end up on the downloads page for those who need them. Maybe along with a downloadable .text file with the spell IDs. 

Either way, again thanks T-lam :) 

OK

FWIW, I found that I had retained an older profile which has my main mods installed, but only a basic Sexlab setup, and which so far did not have your mod activated. 

Your's is still placed near the bottom of the L/H pane, unlike the problem game where I had moved it up just below ZAZ

I activated 2.02 F, but didn't mess about with the plugin settings, so the placement is right at the bottom of the load order, and hence not equivalent to that in my main game

Lo and behold, on startup, your mod fired and I counted 11 spells scrolling up at it installed, and the spells list had all 11 there too

So it looks like your mod is fine, but my main game has something in it that caused a glitch on its install.

I have no idea what that is, and I can't really put my main game back to a state where I have taken heaps of stuff out to test/troubleshoot it

The conclusion is

1 - On a new game without much else in it, your mod installs fine

2 - It may not install cleanly on an already heavily modded game

3 - Your front page should state that that might happen, and set out the solutions, ie @T-lam 's Spell Books OR the console fixes than can be made

Hope that, and everything else preceding it, has helped in some way, both yourself and others

Bottom line, of course, is that your mod is a big step up in ZAZ furniture placement/use functionality, especially wrt the increased numbers of NPCs controllable, and one that I can certainly recommend to anyone

?

6 hours ago, donkeywho said:

OK

FWIW, I found that I had retained an older profile which has my main mods installed, but only a basic Sexlab setup, and which so far did not have your mod activated. 

(...)

Lo and behold, on startup, your mod fired and I counted 11 spells scrolling up at it installed, and the spells list had all 11 there too

(...)

The conclusion is

1 - On a new game without much else in it, your mod installs fine

2 - It may not install cleanly on an already heavily modded game

3 - Your front page should state that that might happen, and set out the solutions, ie @T-lam 's Spell Books OR the console fixes than can be made

Hope that, and everything else preceding it, has helped in some way, both yourself and others

Bottom line, of course, is that your mod is a big step up in ZAZ furniture placement/use functionality, especially wrt the increased numbers of NPCs controllable, and one that I can certainly recommend to anyone

?

Cool, that basically answers the whole question thanks ^^ that was basically the exact test I was asking for :) 

Point 1 means that the code is fine

points 2 and 3 are basically also known as "welcome to modded Skyrim" ?

Either way, I'm now satisfied that whatever is going on is unique to your current build.
in terms of outright warning people, I mean... it's kinda par from the course that the more you add the more chance that something breaks.

I will most likely just add a section about this issue and fix to the FAQ, and make a 'troubleshooting' archive on the downloads page that includes fixes for those who need them -some other mods do this, the first one that springs to mind is Better Vampires/Royal Bloodline has an optional Flight Fix archive, for use if someone's script load breaks the sustained flight for evolved Vamp lords. 

completely unrelated issue: (solved lol)

Spoiler

can anyone else test the Dark Steel wall shackles and report on the pose the actor uses?

I think they are in furniture list 4 / shackles / dark steel / strict (for example).

On my game the shackles do not actually seem proportional to the actor, and thus look weird with npcs. Plus it's just a standard bound hands pose, so they don't actually 'get into' the shackles properly.

Is this happening for everyone or just me?

-p.s. I won't necessarily be fixing this because it may well be from the original mod and go beyond what I'm able/willing to tinker with... (i.e. there may simply be no "correct" pose animation implemented for that device), although if I find a workaround I may post it. Will probably involve resizing them using JaxonzPositioner and doing a "manual alignment"

edit: okay haha this was an example of script overload /glitch in my build! :P (see, I'm not immune to these either)
A glitch had occurred between I think SL Defeat, PAHE and EFF, combining to bake a bad follower script into my save for a specific actor. Tried it on that save with different npcs and the furniture pose worked correctly.
Just need to reload a save from before scripts were run on that actor. Luckily that's only 30mins or so before, and most of that time was just sailing my "pirate" ship :P 

but yeah another good example of how glitches come from funny places. The 'bound hands' pose I was getting was actually the one I put in for marching npcs to the furniture. The furniture's animation wasn't triggering at all, and it was therefore trying to align while in the wrong pose (hence the apparent scaling issue). 

Glitched actor:

Spoiler

20210922002656_1.jpg.063ba97d81fe5816a9209d8e8ee5a4b1.jpg

Non-glitched actor:

Spoiler

20210922002407_1.jpg.a5c8e9e4b34481243ab618eba4ca86ba.jpg

p.s. gotta recommend sailing ships in skyrim ?

although furniture placed on deck will not move with the ship. If you want furniture on deck that moves with the ship then you need to use the Pillory option from Defeat's TieUp script. No, there is no fix for this because it's to do with how the sailing ships are implemented and I'm not touching that.

There is the option of extending the Defeat tieup menu to include other furnitures where the furniture is included as part of an idle animation (thus making the furniture part of the actor, as far as the game engine cares), this would increase the range of dynamic deck furnitures. posing with furniture on an anchored ship of course works fine, just remember to delete it when you set sail. Sadly this means no dynamic bound figureheads for your ship.... yet at least :P  (also their facing remains the same while tied, so they slowly rotate with the ship. Would need a way to dynamically correct the facing through scripts and....ugh)

edit: unless...... make the ship itself a piece of furniture? ? I don't yet know how to edit world objects like that, but if I found out, and somehow mashed a piece of furniture onto the bow of the ship with a suitable pose, then it might work! :D Maybe one day. No promises lmao

However furniture below decks is fine and will persist even when you anchor/sail. (because it has its own worldcell). Is also a great way to keep Paradise Halls slaves from escaping while they are ahem, "guests" on your ship ;) 

Spoiler

20210920015529_1.jpg.ff16cf4c27307e1ef307f1f4d97cbb20.jpg

20210920022346_1.jpg.02bd168d1ca6b4dfd696ac030367315c.jpg

Edited by Cycorix

Could you make the select furniture spell work in vr. Currently the spell uses the furniture thats under the players crosshair. Which doesn't really work in the VR version. There is a mod that does that for NPC's which does that by making the spell work as a projectile and selecting the NPC it hits. It would be very helpfull if this could be done with the furniture.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, l1nkler said:

Could you make the select furniture spell work in vr. Currently the spell uses the furniture thats under the players crosshair. Which doesn't really work in the VR version. There is a mod that does that for NPC's which does that by making the spell work as a projectile and selecting the NPC it hits. It would be very helpfull if this could be done with the furniture.

I may look into it if I can find the time, but no promises.

I know how it could be done though I think, just change the spell type from self to aimed, add a projectile, and change script line "game.getcurrentcrosshairref()" to "aktarget.getreference()" or something.

Am I going to change that for all versions from now on, for something that won't affect most people? in short, not likely ?

...however :) it does occur to me that I could perhaps make a VR compatibility patch that adds a new select spell just for VR users. It could use the ZAPHelper as masterfile so I don't have to update for VR in all other versions as well, you just use whatever version + the patch to get a working select spell. Inefficient, but effective.

If you're in a hurry for this I am more than happy to talk you through the process. Otherwise I may look into it when I have the time, I'm pretty busy right now.  

• 4 weeks later...

Cycorix, are you aware of the problem that some npcs (mostly standalone followers added by mods) do not play certain animation while other npcs may?

For certain devices, like bondage beds, some npcs play be bound to it and some npcs just refuse to play animation.

Is it due to their skeleton being different from the default skeleton? The most likely thing i can think of is that standalone followers may use their own body and skeleton to break animation.

But some generic npcs also refuse to play animations.....I am not completely sure about the issue.

It is pretty random that i try out some furnitures, no animation, i thought this piece of furniture does not work, but later bang it works with another npc. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 12:02 PM, EdtheNord said:

Been using it for a while on SE. Seems not too much problem at the moment. You can convert it to form 44 by opening and saving in CK. But currently it does not cause any major trouble. Of course it would be better if the author makes an official SE update. 

Hiya, As I'm pretty sure I said before, I won't be converting this mod to SE for one very simple reason: I have no SE and thus no SE CK to convert it to form 44. 

But I mean, if someone else were to make a clean conversion of the mod to SE and sent it to me or uploaded it here, then perhaps it could be included in this thread ;) 

On 11/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, EdtheNord said:

Cycorix, are you aware of the problem that some npcs (mostly standalone followers added by mods) do not play certain animation while other npcs may?

For certain devices, like bondage beds, some npcs play be bound to it and some npcs just refuse to play animation.

Is it due to their skeleton being different from the default skeleton? The most likely thing i can think of is that standalone followers may use their own body and skeleton to break animation.

But some generic npcs also refuse to play animations.....I am not completely sure about the issue.

It is pretty random that i try out some furnitures, no animation, i thought this piece of furniture does not work, but later bang it works with another npc. 

I have no idea, this mod basically just deals with a system for assigning quest aliases to npcs/furniture. It doesn't contain the animations for the furniture itself, that is done by Zaz Animation Pack. Perhaps someone in the support thread there might know more.

ZAP (and therefore all its dependencies, including this) use a version of the xpm extended actor skeletons mod.. Perhaps there is some conflict between this skeleton and your new actors? That's the first thing I can think of... 

Again I feel the problem is probably somewhere deeper than just this mod... This mod is just a load of scripting to make an actor go to a target piece of furniture and stay there, it doesn't have anything to do with what happens when they're actually *in* the furniture.

Test for you to run... You can play animations on an actor using the console. Try selecting your new npc in the console and forcing them to play a series of zaz animations (I think there's a text doc, possibly in a zip archive, somewhere in the skyrim folder that has a list of some animation names you can use). If the actor refuses to play animation even from the console (no furniture involved) then I guess that would further point to a conflict somewhere between the new actor and ZAP?

Hope this helps. Someone in the ZAP support thread may know more.

it is probably said before, now that multiple npcs can be set in the furnitures with action from pc, can you make that turn arounf ? Set pc into furniture and npc has fun whipping the pc in the furniture ?

old maria eden did that, time to havbe an uptodate mod who can do this, pop can do that, but only within the hour of watching the screen with no player action.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:42 PM, POLE7645 said:

For some reason, the craftable spellbooks crash my game hard. As soon as I highlight them in the forge, the game crashes to desktop.

Am I the only one this happened to?

Don't know as I never used them, it was someone else's bugfix for someone else's problem.

You *shouldn't* need them. They don't contain anything new. If all the spells added correctly to your install (I think there's 11? at time of writing this) then there is no reason to even use the spellbooks :) Either way, if you're missing spells you can use console addspell spellid to get them anyway.