Do A Good Deed, Help A Newb

Hello all. Longtime player of games like Fallout and such. But I am very new to modding. And it doesn't help matters that the installation instructions on most of these mods seems to presuppose that prospective users actually know what the heck they're doing.

Through a comedic series of trial and errors(Boy I wish I had found that FAQ thread sooner...) I THINK I have successfully installed all but one of the mods I want to use. Unfortunately it seems to be a crucial one, and as far as I can tell I've done everything I am supposed to do.

I use the "As far as I can tell" caveat because...obviously, I have failed to do something I am supposed to do. But I've gone over the FAQ twice and can not figure out what I am missing.

I have put in the following Mods

Mikoto's Beauty Pack Plus.

Mikoto's De-Equippable Companions.

Mikoto's Wasteland Makeover thingamajig. Where it gives the Beauty Pack Plus Enhancements to random wasteland inhabitants.

Naturally, since I am in this forum I have also added the following....

SexoutNG

Sexout Common Resources

Sexout Alice+May

Sexout RapeGame

Msex Veronica D/s

Astymma Combined Skeleton

NVSE_2_Beta12

NVSE Extender 11

FOMM and MCM(Another two I wish i'd discovered sooner.)

Again as far as I can tell I've done everything right. I've made sure they're in the proper order(Boy did it take me forever to figure that one out), I've made sure the right meshes are in the right folder(as near as I can figure at least). But everytime I start a new message it tells me I need NVSE Extender 11, but I have 0. I extracted the NVSE 11 contents directly to the folder the installation instructions indicate, but nothing happens. I tried moving only the contents of the folder into the directed location and still nothing. I can't figure out where I am going wrong on this one. So can anyone help a perv out?

the reason I think I've got most of the mods in right, is that May and April ARE in the Saloon where they should be in Goodsprings. They do join and they do offer sexual acts when I tell them to. But they don't actually do anything. They just indicate they will, but nothing happens. The Mikoto mods seem to be working correctly as well. Sunny looks very different(I actually kinda prefer the original Sunny, but no big). The "?" rape feature won't function either, but I assume that's because NO sex animations work right.

One of the outfits that I assume make me nude gives me a big red exclamation point, but I am currently operating under the assumption that's because of Extender 11 as well. So I think Extender 11 is the only thing I cant seem to get right. It's my hope if I can get Extender 11 working, the rest will click into place.

Thanks for the tip. That clearly wasn't helping matters. I've got the right one now. Unfortunately the underlying problem remains.

I made sure to remove the other nvse dll files and the loader.exe.

I then put in the new files(which seem to have the same name, but different "size" numbers) and reinitialized. I got the exact same problem.

Then it occurred to me I had not removed the NVSE Txt files from the original. I had assumed they were harmless. But I went back, and removed them. I assumed I must have been correct when, in the split second between relaunching the loader and the game beginning, I noted the txt files were replaced(presumably with the right ones).

However, once again I got the "you need 11, but have 0" message once the new game began. So I seem to be back at square one. Though hopefully I am one step closer than before now that I have the right nvse.

1. Verify that nvse_loader.exe, nvse_1_4.dll, nvse_1_4ng.dll, nvse_editor_1_4.dll, and nvse_steam_loader.dll are all in the same folder as FalloutNV.exe ("...Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas").

2. Double check that nvse_extender.dll and nvse_extender_ng.dll are in "...Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\nvse\plugins"

If they are in "...Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\nvse\plugins\NVSE Extender", that is incorrect.

3. Before launching the game, make sure you are already logged into Steam. This isn't related to your problem, but having the game connect you to Steam will cause a customized FalloutNV.ini to be reverted to the default version.

4. Launch the game with nvse_loader.exe

[ Troubleshooting / FAQ ]

* I don't think NVSE is working. How can I check?
 - Launch NV, then open the console and type "GetNVSEVersion" (without the quotes). It should print back "NVSE version: 1". If this works, then NVSE is working properly. If it prints an error, then something is wrong. Make sure that all of the nvse DLLs have been copied to the same folder as FalloutNV.exe.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16277-sexoutng-framework-installation-guide-for-beginners/

All that you need to know is 3 clicks above your thread. ;)

At this point I may just uninstall everything, the game itself included, and restart from scratch. A lot of the problem may simply be that by the time I found clear instructions like those above, I'd already been through hours of trial and error. I may have messed something up during that period.

Actually after following jbravo's advice  sexout appears to be working now, but there's three problems persisting.

Several in-game items and clothes added by sexout still won't work right. The sex animations appear to work fine, until the end when suddenly both characters involved go all "Ragdoll" and collapse at the end(I assume that's not how it's supposed to end). And when I exit the game I get a "Fallout is not responding" error and have to use Task Manager to close it completely.

Like I said, at this point I suspect I may be better off if I just remove everything and start again from scratch. That way I can follow the guidelines I didn't have when I first started.

Several in-game items and clothes added by sexout still won't work right.

You'll have to be more specific for someone to help with that.

The sex animations appear to work fine, until the end when suddenly both characters involved go all "Ragdoll" and collapse at the end(I assume that's not how it's supposed to end).

That's the "knockout" effect working as it's supposed to.  You can disable this effect in the SexoutNG options menu in the KO submenu.

And when I exit the game I get a "Fallout is not responding" error and have to use Task Manager to close it completely.

This is common in modded games using this engine.  It can be ignored as it does no harm to the game.  However, if you want to get rid of it, install New Vegas Stutter Remover, run the game once, open the newly created sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.ini in ...Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\nvse\plugins, and change bFastExit to equal 1.

Like I said, at this point I suspect I may be better off if I just remove everything and start again from scratch. That way I can follow the guidelines I didn't have when I first started.

If you have the time, it couldn't hurt.

Most everything seems to be in order. I'm still working on completing a full list of all the items that don't appear to be functioning correctly. Should have that in the next couple days. One new bug popped up today, and I am assuming it must be sexout-related because I can't find any mention of it on other forums.

Whenever I go to the escape menu(Save, load, Quit, continue, etc) all the options are sort of Faded, and unselectable. Except for the Sexout Configurations. But not being able to save when I need to is clearly a bit of an issue. Anyone familiar with this problem? This just started a couple hours ago. Until now everything was working fine. I first noticed it when I was heading to Repco with Willow in tow to find Big Guy. I suppose this could be Willow-related, but I found no mention of this in any Willow-related forum discussions either.

On a slightly related note, in the Sexout configs I noted a "Skill level" for sexual performance, but can't seem to get it past 0 no matter how many times my character fornicates. What am I supposed to do to raise that?

Ok, so in the SCR Trunk Container located in Doc's house, full of Sexout items, everything that starts with ":VaultTec" says "PiPOS Error 26", file not found when I mouse over them. The condom items also say this, and a couple of other things.

the Chasitron does nothing visible when I equip it. Same with the speedo. The Skinsuit AFPI thing puts a big red exclamation point on me when I equip that.

There's also some strange items in there I have no clue what to do with, like babies.

I also have hit a bit of a Roadblock in SexoutAffairs. Inga took me back to her place, and loved my performance, and ran through all the "personal" dialogue options with me, no problem. But now everytime I want to talk about personal stuff to advance the relationship, she insists we should get to know each other first. But there are no new dialogue options left, and I've repeatedly tried all available dialogues. I left and adventured around the Mojave for a few days, came back, and nothing changed.

The stuff in the trunk uses a lot of resources that aren't in the scr download themselves. Download all the requirements in the 2nd post from this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/13789-sexout-common-resources-stable-version-scr/

Then follow the steps from the wiki here for an easy relatively painless install: 

http://sexout.wikia.com/wiki/Sexout_Common_Resources_Installation_Guide

I would download from the links in the first thread as i don't know if the wiki has been updated since lovers lab had it's make over a little while back, and so the links on the wiki may not all work, but the steps are still valid for an installation procedure.

And ... it should be mentioned ...

The SCR- and Preg.-Trunks placed in the Doctors house are for testing-purposes. You should know what you do, if you take something out of them. Maybe your Courier becomes a virgin mother ;)

Do mods that require Sexual Innunendo mod work with Sexout? Most of the screenshots I've seen of SI appear identical to what I see in SO.

I wanted to add Katie(http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45150//?) to my game, but she requires SI. I'm leery of any potential conflicts between SI and SO. Also I already have Willow(and the mod that makes her compatible with SO of course), and Willow seems to have some conflicts with SI according to the info in her Readme. I'd like to add Katie to the mix, but not if it means adding something that will screw up Willow.

You can use SI with sexout, if you use prideslayer's wsex override. That mod plays Sexout animations instead. SI and SO are not compatible out of the box. 

So you can use the Katie mod, throw in wsex override and you should be good to go, without breaking stuff. I've did a small update for that mod, that should get rid of the forever horny bug here.

Willow's packages can be disrupted, when using her with SI. So if you don't sex her with SI, she should be compatible.

I followed your advice, but the results have been mixed. Katie won't strip completely, even when I empty her inventory. She appears to be wearing common leather armor. But when I put Badland Raider armor(which has lower DT than leather I believe) she'll switch to that, indicating the leather armor is her default "Naked" appearance.

When she is giving oral, the animation that plays shows my character giving her oral, though everything else(dialogue, messages, etc) indicates it's her doing it. She also remains in whatever clothes she's wearing.

When I offer to have my char do oral on her, everything goes the way it should.

I havn't gotten far enough to unlock other sex acts, so not sure if those work properly.

Edit Update: I have the other SI mod Humping the Mojave that's kind of like SexoutConsequences, adding contextual sex encounters to the game's normal quests. Using that I went to Ghost at the Mojave outpost, and discovered that whatever the problem is, it doesn't seem to be Katie's fault. When commanding Ghost to perform oral, the animation shows my character performing on her, just like with Katie. Unlike Katie, Ghost does strip naked for the act though.

Archived