TS3 Sound Tool 1.0.3 BETA

This is basically the same as the tool I made for Sims 4, for more details and descriptions see the links below. The tool is for animators and modders so they can easily find the sounds they need or maybe make their own custom sounds, it is still BETA and needs more testing, all feedback is welcome.

TS3SoundTool3.png.acbc1b98c60cfe24e381366de13f05ae.png

Please note that when adding MP3 files they are encoded as EALayer3 (codec 5) and it is not possible to mix them with ADPCM (codec 4) in one Audio Tuner resource, if you have multiple sound samples they must use the same codec.

Sims 3 doesn't play all types of MP3, as far as I can tell it only supports MPEG 1.0 MONO / JOINT_STEREO, 44100 / 32000 sample rates, I recommended using a tool like Audacity to convert/export your mp3 files to one of those settings.

Modal music (theme/map/CAS/BB music) is only available when selecting a specific pack, this is because Sims 3 uses the same names and instanceIDs in all packs. If you want to replace the music you must clone the generic music_load/mode/theme resources for each pack, not the ones that start with sims3_.

How to replace a game sound
We are going to replace the sound played when you pickup a collectable with an (annoying) organ charge sound.

1. Start the tool and select Base Game.
2. Click on the Effect tab and in Stings select "sting_collect_collection".
3. Click Clone, use the same name to create an override and save the package (name doesn't matter).
4. Delete the original audio, click Add and import Organ_Charge.mp3.
5. Click Play to verify that the sound plays correctly and then click Save to finish.

Copy the package you created to your Mods folder and verify by picking up a collectable in game.

Installation
Extract the zip file to a new directory somewhere on your harddrive, Double-Click on TS3SoundTool.exe to start the tool.

You will also need to download the EALayer3 decoder/encoder from the link below and extract the content into the same directory as the tool.
https://bitbucket.org/Zenchreal/ealayer3/downloads/

Sims 3 also uses a special ADPCM codec and you will need to download FFMPEG from the link below and extract ffmpeg.exe into the same directory as the tool as well.
https://www.ffmpeg.org/

Bugs

Version 1.0.1

• Added support for more install types.

Version 1.0.2

• Added support for looped audio recordings (ADPCM, Single Block and Headerless formats).
  • Fixed bugs when editing custom packages.
  • Codec property should now inherit correctly.

Version 1.0.3

• Fixed package searching bug (Steam version).

TS4 Sound Tool link
https://modthesims.info/d/639090/ts4-sound-tool.html

Audacity link
https://www.audacityteam.org/

Organ_Charge.zip

TS3SoundTool1.0.3.zip

Edited by Denton47

Sims 3 Sound Tool

@Denton47 thank you very much for providing this tool.

Following your instruction I got it working. Long time I looked for such a tool.

Will be a great help to equip animations with more various sounds and will save a lot testing time.

AND, due to your tool I understand now why Sims sound differently (i.e. Female Voice 1 - 3) ? 

Again a great thank you for developing and providing this tool for us here.

• Denton47 changed the title to TS3 Sound Tool 1.0.2 BETA
  • Denton47 changed the title to TS3 Sound Tool 1.0.3 BETA