Fallout: getting started

Almost all type 3 based female mods already have the "narrowed" shoulders fix built in. It is is only a problem if you are using vanilla bodies or a much older body mod before the fix was developed. 

Fallout 3 has a nice post nuclear atmosphere, it really feels like wandering around in a nuclear wasteland. Other than that I can't stand it, for many reasons, but I don't want to side track you with silly nerd rage ranting. It is fun to wander around in and shoot stuff, but I just can't get into it for any other reason. If you want a lovers with pk experience, you will need sexus, which I have never tried and heard is buggy, or you will need to use Tale of Two Wastelands to mod FO3 and NV together to use basic sexout plugins. No storyline sexout plugins are available yet for the FO3 side of ToTW. For me, Killable Children is a REQUIRED mod to play FO3, I will leave you to find out why ;). I can't suggest much else as I don't really play FO3 that much.

Fallout NV provides a bit of a cowboyish post apocalyptic area. Civilization is slowly recovering and there is a wide variety of quests and factions to join up or fight with. Exploration is still viable, but it is more dangerous at lower levels as the monsters do NOT scale down to your level as much as Fallout 3 monsters do, so certain areas are deadly to first level folk. For mods I recommend to use J.E. Sawyer's personal mod for the game which you can get at his blog http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/.  In case you don't know he is one of NV's main game designers, and intended to make the game harder and more difficult but scaled it back for commercial release. His own mod works at restoring that original vision. For clothing for your type 3 chica I recommend Kristina's Closet by Jonas66. It has a wide variety of sexy to slutty armors and clothing to wander the wastes in. The Sexout plugins for New Vegas, while lacking the development of animations and technical features that Oblivion's have, blow them completely out of the water in terms of storylines and integration into the plot of NV.Oblivion's story mods are generally not tied to the plot, the tryouts series and a variety of others are able to tie in sexual interaction with the main story of NV in a near seamless fashion. 

For graphics, I am currently using the Poco Bueno texture pack, and fellout new vegas to remove the orange tint. There are a variety of texture packs and enb's available to change the look, I don't like to install too many myself. I also install the Wild Wasteland integrated mod, as I think that should be default, and not something you need to waste a perk slot on. I also recommend the Pipboy 2500 replacer. I had troubles with the Readius. Might edit this post later with more stuff, but this is some of my thoughts.

-Is this horrible case of "football shoulders" what worries me. Ive grown accustomed to Oblivion HGEC Body which is almost flawless in terms of proportion. Anything less looks like crap to me

Some initial approaches show that "Type3" Body is the most popular for FO3

But there are many and I have to dig. In Oblivion Im just happy with HGEC from C to E cup. Apparently for Fallout there is a completely different disposition. The question is which way is better solution for football shoulders?

Have you tried Narrowed Shoulder Type3 Based Body Meshes by Backsteppo?  As it's name implies, it can be applied to any Type3-based body mesh.

Yeap... thanks I had a little time now and Ive been collecting a few mods

I actually listened to Ritual suggesting BlackBlossom's body mod, which If I got the picture right, combines Backsteppo's work with a few others and adds better textures  :D

Only one complaint: "Y u no offer different cup sizes??" (I mean for the same body types... either is one or the other)

Next step I made was setting skeleton. Got this one, though its for New Vegas, I was under the impression it works for FO3 too, and so far I was right

Im sure New Vegas has a lot of better features and much more mod content, but Im stubborn as a freaking mule and I wanted FO3 because Im not too much into westerns and deserts and I was told the world in FO3 had more variety in a way... only a matter of personal opinion for I know westerns have their allure as well If youre into them.

Sadly, now Im suffering the consequences  <_<  Such as the lack of better mods, and the fact that everybody makes mods for New Vegas and FO3 gets thrown to oblivion... not TES Oblivion, but "exile" oblivion...

Got some animations too, I was specially interested in Idles, movement and combat. Lets face it the vanilla animations kinda suck...

Found some other good mods on the road too. A graphics enhancer for energy weapons... a SC ghost suit... A laser shooting motorcycle...

But once Im set with the basics I only need the other thing which is most important: Character design

In Nexus the most popular is Project Beauty. Though Im shocked to see how many mods are not compatible with it

I think like in Oblivion Im gonna end up making my own cosmetic compilation out of the things I find from different mods, I found some hairs Im familiar with ported to FO, but some incompatible with Project Beauty

I found out most of the beauty concepts for fallout are based on children.. which is kinda disturbing... :s

But what the hell...

I would just really like there was a way of having beautiful characters and not necessarily being children...

Is there nothing like  MBP for Fallout? I actually dont even use MBP in Oblivion cause I have my own compilation, but my compilation uses many of the resources which can be bound in there. And what about hair? Is there nothing like SKS Hair for FO3? or anything from those awesome hairstyles that when you see them you usually guess they were ported from the Sims?

Note that I ask If you guys know of anything that works for FO3, Not just New Vegas, cause I didnt listen and now I have to pay... but still...

EDIT: Oh And I should be a little more clear about saying I dont care much about NPC's prettiness, that souldnt be so hard to fix with a couple of mods to give a decent look, but I want to be able to design my PC to my liking, which has to be at the very least, a piece of art  :P

Thks again, I think Ill be picking up resources from those too...

Ok then all just ask directly

Is there nothing like "SKS" or "FumoFumo Reworked Hair" for FO3?

In Nexus there are a few hairs but Ive seen nothing like this:

2232445-1313912479.jpg29103-1-1287592520.jpg00434424.jpg2783671-1308317050.jpg

And also... WTF is wrong with fallout skeletons and/or animations (or whatever else is to blame)?

I just cant get why a resource like HGEC in Oblivion looks this good:

15802-1-1249235566.jpg

And in Fallout its down to this:

5327-1-1238635785.jpg

Not to mention that an Oblivion compatible skeleton, doesnt seem to allow a perfect porting either:

OB-npc-Imperial_Legion_Forester.jpg13881-1-1280755104.jpg

In any case In a distant future, If I dont find satisfactory answers, Ill have to try to make my own way of putting everything togheter...

And also... WTF is wrong with fallout skeletons and/or animations (or whatever else is to blame)?

I just cant get why a resource like HGEC in Oblivion looks this good:

And in Fallout its down to this:

The Fallout body in the picture has the aforementioned "football shoulders" that should be fixed by Backsteppo's mod.  I think there are other body models/meshes available with a wider waist and more natural breasts (Dimon99's classic Cali body included), but probably fewer choices than in Oblivion.

If you haven't done so already, browsing through the Top 100 Most Endorsed Adult Files at the Nexus is a good starting point to find the most popular models.  Less popular and newer models might be found by doing a Tag search for "New Models" and "Related to Females" combined, although the Tag system is incomplete and may filter out some relevant mods.

If you want different animations, take a look at Fallout 3 Re-animated.

My honest and deepest gratitude again for the intention but I did all of the above

Also I thing I failed to explain the point about posting those two images

The first one is HGEC working in Oblivion

The second one is exactly the same HGEC body, ported to Fallout, and it doesnt get anywhere near the quality of the Oblivion one

But taking details aside, Backsteppo's mod is the one that does the function... just dont get why the above mentioned happens

If I could find an answer, It could mod exchange between games easier and better.. but there will be a time for that...

So now my only concern left is what I said earlier about the hairs... Damn its too bad there arent any Sims conversions for FO3...

Yeah... but as I said on earlier posts... I didnt listen to warnings and got FO3, not New Vegas... Also:

ZZJAY'S HAIRSHOP

DESCRIPTION

----------------HOW-TO-USE----------------

THE PLUGINS ARE ONLY FOR NEW VEGAS

Although I saw this later...

meshes and textures can be added in fallout3 too...but i'm not going to do it.

By "added" does the person who posted this mean using GECK (Which apparently is TES Construction Set for FO) and adding the hairs in an esp file?

Or is there more complexity to it?

Cause If its just a matter of creating the hair directions, and if GECK works in similar fashion to Oblivion CS... then thats a little tedious but its easy and I could be really happy...

@ elalquimista

You should try the different bodies available, like Type3 (all versions, ie dimonized, cali, berry, HD base, etc etc etc - look for Type3 BoG on nexus) type 6, and all the variations, until you getsomthing you like. There is a lot of work involved, and I've settled for Type3 cali because to me it is one of the better looking ones, but I had to look a lot before I settled on one. You also seem to be running FNV without AA which explains why she looks so jagged.

But yes, out of the box, the default textures look awful. 

But taking details aside, Backsteppo's mod is the one that does the function... just dont get why the above mentioned happens(...)

I'm not an advanced user, but the little I understand tells me if you overwrite Backsteppo's meshes with the HGEC body port, you'll get the "football shoulders" again.

In order to see changes, you need to install:

A. A narrowed shoulder body mod. The mod has to mention expressly the shoulders have been narrowed, otherwise it will use the vanilla game settings.

B. Narrowed shoulder clothing and armor compatible with that body.

I dont even want to mess with overwriting files yet... not until I know more about the mechanics of FO3...

Meaning the fact that Oblivion uses basically 4 body meshes: upper and lowerbody, hands and feet. Fallout uses only one body, but the biggest thing I dont yet understand is dismembering and VATS, and thats why I dont want to mess with meshes yet.

Currently Im using Backsteppo's mod and not overwriting anything yet, it works fine with it

My doubt was more into asking why does HGEC look so bad in FO3... The model is almost perfect, so it cant be the mesh's fault... I figure its gotta be the skeleton, or the animations...or both... If an almost perfect mesh looks bad there's gotta be something else... Backspeppo's mod worked around the issue by narrowing the shoulders in the mesh, so yes its a solution, but its more a patch than a solution, cause the real problem is still there after establishing that the football shoulders are not the meshes responsability

But for the moment its all just speculation cause I havent had the actual time to look into it

The problem is the skeleton. Both genders use the same. And if I'm not mistaken, males walk with the female swing in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas for the same reason.

Dismembering is something Bethesda introduced in FO3, along with a lot of new properties within the nif files. Those are one of the reasons for the lack of direct Blender support, along with apparent lack of interest from the scripts/Blender developers.

That's sad...

But regarding the skeleton...

In Oblivion, both genders use the same skeleton too, and someone went to the trouble of creating "Universal Skeleton", which is good for anything, from vanilla gaming, to better animations, "BBB" which makes breasts bounce and of course, sex mods. HGEC, BAB, Exnem, Roberts and a whole bunch of other body mods work fine with that skeleton. Males can look masculine and ladies can look feminine depending on the animation. Is a unisex skeleton, though the Fallout one seems to be male only, females just have the bad luck of having to use the same.

So there should be something like that for every game, for FO there is this one which I figure is the better option

But I still have to see how it looks when using an Oblivion ported mesh as reference