Strip club ownership issue

Hey, I'm having an issue with a previously purchased strip club in my game.

It was working fine yesterday, but since downloading the newest WW update today the management tab on the phone and my business funds have disappeared. I can't repurchase the business either as it is shown as already owned.

I'm not the most tech savvy human so not sure how to go about fixing it, Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Not sure if "ww.fix" (bring up the command console with Ctrl+Shift+C and type in the command without the quotes) will help.

If it doesn't, I suggest running the game without WW and saving once (preferably to a new save slot or after backing up your saves). That should revert the strip club to a regular Generic lot (and remove some Build mode items like the dance spot markers), so you can then put WW back into your Mods folder and start over again (pruchase the place, hire dancers, and so on).

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed I have the same problem, not sure when it started since I haven't played the strip club owners for a few weeks. The map still shows my Sim family as owners, but all the phone options are gone, I also can't rebuy it. The ww.fix command didn't help.

Make a backup of your saved games, remove WW from the Mods folder, delete "localthumbcache.package" (found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4"), start the game, save once without WW installed (maybe to a new save slot) and exit the game. Now, put WW back into Mods, delete "localthumbcache" again, launch the game and load your "WW-free" save to start over from scratch.

• 8 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, booboo89 said:

I actually managed to make it work. I went into the world where the stripclub is. Clicked the stripclub. Sold it. Then went into the household and bought it back. Now its working.

Sorry, this wasn't a very clear answer and I couldn't figure out what you meant, so I had to figure it out on my own. If anyone is still having this problem, it's a headache, but what'd I recommend is to go to travel to the strip club then enter bb.enablefreebuild, change your type of building into Retail, add a cash register, then from the cash register, select "Sell Store." There's a high chance it won't give you your money back, so you'll probably have to do a money cheat if you want to buy back the strip club. Then travel back to your house or any lot. Then go to World View and edit the building and change the building back to Generic and get rid of the cash register. Rebuy your strip club. It's a very big hassle, I hope this never happens again.. Let me know if it doesn't work.

P.S. You may be able to skip a couple of steps by staying at the store and doing bb.enablefreebuild to enter into Build Mode, because once you sell the store since it's no longer yours, the option to go into Build Mode is greyed out. So you can't change the lot back to Generic and deleting the cash register. But I think you may be able to if you enter bb.enablefreebuild, but I'm not sure. I was already impatient and annoyed, so I just decided to travel home and edit the build and change the lot type from World View, Manage Worlds or whatever you call it. So I'm not sure. I actually have to do this AGAIN because I have two save files (technically three, but the other one isn't active) that are the same. So I'll update you. Sorry this is long.

3 hours ago, JinxDiamond said:

Sorry, this wasn't a very clear answer and I couldn't figure out what you meant, so I had to figure it out on my own. If anyone is still having this problem, it's a headache, but what'd I recommend is to go to travel to the strip club then enter bb.enablefreebuild, change your type of building into Retail, add a cash register, then from the cash register, select "Sell Store." There's a high chance it won't give you your money back, so you'll probably have to do a money cheat if you want to buy back the strip club. Then travel back to your house or any lot. Then go to World View and edit the building and change the building back to Generic and get rid of the cash register. Rebuy your strip club. It's a very big hassle, I hope this never happens again.. Let me know if it doesn't work.

P.S. You may be able to skip a couple of steps by staying at the store and doing bb.enablefreebuild to enter into Build Mode, because once you sell the store since it's no longer yours, the option to go into Build Mode is greyed out. So you can't change the lot back to Generic and deleting the cash register. But I think you may be able to if you enter bb.enablefreebuild, but I'm not sure. I was already impatient and annoyed, so I just decided to travel home and edit the build and change the lot type from World View, Manage Worlds or whatever you call it. So I'm not sure. I actually have to do this AGAIN because I have two save files (technically three, but the other one isn't active) that are the same. So I'll update you. Sorry this is long.

It's easier to just use the WW command line cheat to fix strip club ownership.

Open the cheat box with ctrl+shft+C and type in...

ww.stripclub_reclaim_lot

Make sure the lot type is set to Generic first.