Open Club  ·  1,051 members  ·  Rules

Footfetish Club

Foot Pictures

On 11/3/2022 at 4:21 PM, Кhrysamere said:

If anyone here would be willing to take some screenshots for an upcoming CBBE-based Foot replacer mod, DM me. I'd appreciate it.

I just noticed said mod over on Nexus. I'll take some screenshots for the mod as soon as I can get the time to play.

10 hours ago, Nevadathehighelf said:

Yep, I was there! I commented and everything. :(

Unfortunately I can't due to the feet mod not being for uunp, if it were I would be your biggest feet person

When I released a Foot replacer mod for BHUNP, most of the comments were people asking for a CBBE version. Now that I've released a CBBE foot replacer, a lot of the comments are asking for BHUNP support (and asking if I will edit the hands next, for whatever reason). You just can't please everyone it seems. ?

In all seriousness though if you or anyone else really want a BHUNP version, commission it. Me and another user went $50/$50 on it, putting together a total of $100 for the mod to be made. If you or someone else were willing to pool some money together to get it commissioned, I would be happy to handle the implementation for you for free. You can reach NecDaz via the discord link provided on the mod page.

Edited by Кhrysamere
9 hours ago, Кhrysamere said:

When I released a Foot replacer mod for BHUNP, most of the comments were people asking for a CBBE version. Now that I've released a CBBE foot replacer, a lot of the comments are asking for BHUNP support (and asking if I will edit the hands next, for whatever reason). You just can't please everyone it seems. ?

In all seriousness though if you or anyone else really want a BHUNP version, commission it. Me and another user went $50/$50 on it, putting together a total of $100 for the mod to be made. If you or someone else were willing to pool some money together to get it commissioned, I would be happy to handle the implementation for you for free. You can reach NecDaz via the discord link provided on the mod page.

If I'm not mistaken, the community is usually split between UNP or CBBE anyway. If you have the resources or can get them, you could probably set up a fomod installer for people to install either the CBBE or BHUNP versions. Though, that's on you. It's your mod, nobody should tell you what to do with it but you.

Edited by FalloutKitten
10 hours ago, Кhrysamere said:

It is indeed on you buddy.

I use uunp, others use cbbe, ect.

I couldn't care less if you spent over 1,000 dollars. You chose to spend 1,000 dollars on something I didn't ask for.

I'm not paying you anything, it's HIGHLY illegal to ask for money for any mods you make; you don't own the creation kit, and therefore are cheating Bethesda out of the buck when you do this. 

Also I don't do discord. Discord is for assholes.

59 minutes ago, Nevadathehighelf said:

I couldn't care less if you spent over 1,000 dollars. You chose to spend 1,000 dollars on something I didn't ask for.

I'm not paying you anything, it's HIGHLY illegal to ask for money for any mods you make; you don't own the creation kit, and therefore are cheating Bethesda out of the buck when you do this. 

It's definitely not illegal to ask for money in a commission, and mods are created by mod authors not Bethesda. Bethesda made the tool to create mods, that's it. Also discord can be a great tool if you use it right. ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, FalloutBoy34 said:

It's definitely not illegal to ask for money in a commission, and mods are created by mod authors not Bethesda. Bethesda made the tool to create mods, that's it. Also discord can be a great tool if you use it right. ?‍♂️

I don't like discord.

Also I'm not going back and forth with you over on that whole "commission/mod" dilemma, since I know I'm right. ;) That's just the way it is sometimes bud, nothing personal.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:21 AM, Nevadathehighelf said:

$100 dollars. How'd you get $1,000 out of nowhere?

I'm not asking for money either, how did you even read what I said and come to the conclusion? NecDaz made it, me and another user paid him, not the other way around, to sculpt a mesh. All I did was implement the model into the game after he had finished sculpting it. Secondly, this is a model replacer, it doesn't even use the creation kit for its implementation. Thirdly, I straight up told you that if you did go and get it commissioned from him, I would be happy to implement it for you free of charge, which I still stand by, despite your very accusatory reply. Based on this interaction, I think you'd fit right into Discord, if you think it's for assholes, that is. ;)

Edited by Кhrysamere
3 hours ago, Кhrysamere said:

$100 dollars. How'd you get $1,000 out of nowhere?

I'm not asking for money either, how did you even read what I said and come to the conclusion? NecDaz made it, me and another user paid him, not the other way around, to sculpt a mesh. All I did was implement the model into the game after he had finished sculpting it. Secondly, this is a model replacer, it doesn't even use the creation kit for its implementation. Thirdly, I straight up told you that if you did go and get it commissioned from him, I would be happy to implement it for you free of charge, which I still stand by, despite your very accusatory reply. Based on this interaction, I think you'd fit right into Discord, if you think it's for assholes, that is. ;)

I didn't read any of your comment. Seriously stop talking to me buddy, I'm just gunna bust your chops.  

Edit: Ok, I suppose I might be being a bit of a jerk an all, I really just don't feel like talking right now tbh. 

Listen, if you aren't willing to make a uunp version of your mod we really don't have much else to talk about, it's a version other users want to, maybe make a fomod where users can choose? I dunno. 

I don't really have the energy to go looking for a commission. :( 

I don't use discord. 

Edited by Nevadathehighelf
6 hours ago, Nevadathehighelf said:

I didn't read any of your comment. Seriously stop talking to me buddy, I'm just gunna bust your chops.  

Edit: Ok, I suppose I might be being a bit of a jerk an all, I really just don't feel like talking right now tbh. 

Listen, if you aren't willing to make a uunp version of your mod we really don't have much else to talk about, it's a version other users want to, maybe make a fomod where users can choose? I dunno. 

I don't really have the energy to go looking for a commission. :( 

I don't use discord. 

Alright, so something you have to understand, is that making a UNP-based version isn't as easy as pressing a magical convert button and making a FOMOD installer. I wish it was, believe me, but it just isn't. CBBE and UNP have different UV Maps, so if you just switched the textures, it would look this:

image_2022-11-08_222310610.png.746b6450dd80372dcf2197a99dbb644e.png

Now I know what you're thinking, probably an easy fix though, right? Just some boopity bops here and there and boom, the UV maps should be all good, eh?

No.

image_2022-11-08_222613001.png.f4382118d41190f2af5e64b4b51f35d7.png

Here's how it looks in a UV-Editor. See all those points, where the lines intersect with each other? Those are the vertices of the mesh. Basically, you move a vertice here, and it'll effect how the texture's displayed on the mesh. Usually, all of these would perfectly fit the texture in question, but in our case, we would want to fix them so they match up with the UNP texture. So how do we do that?

By moving each and every vertice, one-by-one, manually. And if the vertices on the edges aren't in the exact perfect locations, you're going to get texture seams. Oh! And because the feet are essentially two halves stacked on top of each other, you don't just have to worry about getting the UV edges to line up perfectly with the Ankle UV's of the body, No, you also have to worry about the two halves of the model perfectly matching up as well!

Even just talking about this extremely agonizing process makes me want to tie my Mouse' wire around my neck and suffocate myself.

So, yeah... whenever someone requests a UNP version of a CBBE mod like this, or vice-versa, you just have to accept that they have a fundamental misunderstanding of what they're actually asking for you to do. It would be easier to start from scratch, instead of converting the NecDaz Feet to CBBE, it would be way easier to simply take the UNP feet and remodel it in the shape of the NecDaz feet.

Of course, there have been times where this has in fact, been done. As you may already know, HG Feet was converted to CBBE, and Johnny Bungalow converted one of my older versions of K Feet to support his own somewhat-edited-ish-kinda CBBE UVs as well (If I recall correctly). I spoke to Johnny once about it, and he said he did it Vertice-by-vertice, which I still think is just insane. I'm not sure how the other person did it with HG Feet, but I'd have to assume they did the same thing. It's just extremely impractical, hence why it's only been done twice (as far I know) in Skyrim's modding history. And unless there's some method that's like, 500x easier to perform that I don't know about, I wouldn't expect that number to grow that much over the coming years.

Now I know you may or may not read everything I said above, but I hope you can understand this really isn't a case of you beating a dead horse and me merely trying to prolong a conversation for the hell of it. You made a very innocent albeit unrealistic request (Asking for a UNP version), backed up with a solution to a problem that isn't even on the table (Making a FOMOD Installer is easy, and has nothing to do with what's preventing the conversion from being made), and when I replied with a much more realistic and plausible solution (Commissioning NecDaz to resculpt and improve a UNP-based Foot model from scratch to the level of quality that the CBBE one has) You shot the idea down right away and started being rude, and a lot of that rudeness stemmed from not even really reading what I had said and instead going off of a warped perception of it.

Edited by Кhrysamere
12 hours ago, Кhrysamere said:

Alright, so something you have to understand, is that making a UNP-based version isn't as easy as pressing a magical convert button and making a FOMOD installer. I wish it was, believe me, but it just isn't. CBBE and UNP have different UV Maps, so if you just switched the textures, it would look this:

image_2022-11-08_222310610.png.746b6450dd80372dcf2197a99dbb644e.png

Now I know what you're thinking, probably an easy fix though, right? Just some boopity bops here and there and boom, the UV maps should be all good, eh?

No.

image_2022-11-08_222613001.png.f4382118d41190f2af5e64b4b51f35d7.png

Here's how it looks in a UV-Editor. See all those points, where the lines intersect with each other? Those are the vertices of the mesh. Basically, you move a vertice here, and it'll effect how the texture's displayed on the mesh. Usually, all of these would perfectly fit the texture in question, but in our case, we would want to fix them so they match up with the UNP texture. So how do we do that?

By moving each and every vertice, one-by-one, manually. And if the vertices on the edges aren't in the exact perfect locations, you're going to get texture seams. Oh! And because the feet are essentially two halves stacked on top of each other, you don't just have to worry about getting the UV edges to line up perfectly with the Ankle UV's of the body, No, you also have to worry about the two halves of the model perfectly matching up as well!

Even just talking about this extremely agonizing process makes me want to tie my Mouse' wire around my neck and suffocate myself.

So, yeah... whenever someone requests a UNP version of a CBBE mod like this, or vice-versa, you just have to accept that they have a fundamental misunderstanding of what they're actually asking for you to do. It would be easier to start from scratch, instead of converting the NecDaz Feet to CBBE, it would be way easier to simply take the UNP feet and remodel it in the shape of the NecDaz feet.

Of course, there have been times where this has in fact, been done. As you may already know, HG Feet was converted to CBBE, and Johnny Bungalow converted one of my older versions of K Feet to support his own somewhat-edited-ish-kinda CBBE UVs as well (If I recall correctly). I spoke to Johnny once about it, and he said he did it Vertice-by-vertice, which I still think is just insane. I'm not sure how the other person did it with HG Feet, but I'd have to assume they did the same thing. It's just extremely impractical, hence why it's only been done twice (as far I know) in Skyrim's modding history. And unless there's some method that's like, 500x easier to perform that I don't know about, I wouldn't expect that number to grow that much over the coming years.

Now I know you may or may not read everything I said above, but I hope you can understand this really isn't a case of you beating a dead horse and me merely trying to prolong a conversation for the hell of it. You made a very innocent albeit unrealistic request (Asking for a UNP version), backed up with a solution to a problem that isn't even on the table (Making a FOMOD Installer is easy, and has nothing to do with what's preventing the conversion from being made), and when I replied with a much more realistic and plausible solution (Commissioning NecDaz to resculpt and improve a UNP-based Foot model from scratch to the level of quality that the CBBE one has) You shot the idea down right away and started being rude, and a lot of that rudeness stemmed from not even really reading what I had said and instead going off of a warped perception of it.

Unfortunately, I don't want it, if it's not uunp. I'm unable to take any pictures for you bud. Sorry.

Also understand I really can't endorse your mod since I don't use it personally. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Nevadathehighelf said:

Unfortunately, I don't want it, if it's not uunp. I'm unable to take any pictures for you bud. Sorry.

Also understand I really can't endorse your mod since I don't use it personally. It is what it is.

Oh it's all good, based off of the screenshots you've posted, with the ankle seams, clipping with the terrain in certain places, bad lighting, and unimaginative posing and so on displayed in them very prominently... Well, let's just say that the dead stare that all your characters have pretty much sums of my feelings on the matter rather poetically. 

Is that a bit messed up to say? Oh yes, definitely. Is the fact that you keep blatantly ignoring what I'm writing and continue to try to steer the conversation in a completely different direction rude as well? Yes indeed. Like seriously I wasn't even asking you to take pictures or endorse the mod in my previous post

Edited by Кhrysamere