On 7/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, nilead said:

Man does some top notch job with outfits.

He does not. That's a model and also the textures from Pretty3D on DAZ.

And if he doesn't have the old game developer license (like me) or the interactive license for this armor - the whole shit is even illegal.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

He does not. That's a model and also the textures from Pretty3D on DAZ.

And if he doesn't have the old game developer license (like me) or the interactive license for this armor - the whole shit is even illegal.

Ive seen models used in skyrim modding in alot of places, including markets. Im sure for example if seen H2135 FS8 mesh set on UE market quite a while ago.

Here is the thing, i have no way of knowing:

1st - who is an author of the original asset?

2nd - was original distributed under CC0?

3rd - are those instances different people, or the same person under different pseudonyms?

4th - did any of them legally purchase rights to use those assets from another?

Figuring out who owns what, and who uses what legally or illegally, is a pain i just cant be bothered with. Ultinately an end user cares only about an end prdocut -  outfit for TES5 in this case. Wich he delivers, proper crafting recipes, keywords, bodyslide and SMP physics.

Im not sure he'd credit the assets original author is he didnt have rights to use the assets. Frankly, dont care much. There is quite alot of fiddly work between getting original mesh to look the way you want it and getting it to function properly in game. So if all he did was weight painted it for XPMSE and added SMP and bodyslides- well, iam good.

If you wish to debate quality of end product- please do criticize. Those look good to me, but perhaps i missed something?

If you wish to get to the bottom of legal aspects and licencing - i have no idea and no interest. Perhaps you should contact Pretty3D/ArtTailor/H2135.

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

What part of the information about the original author is so confusing that it needs an answer? Discuss your philosophical aspects with someone else.

You come in and trashtalk someones work, insinuating that he is an asset thief.

And yet its you who get offended when i rather politely point out issues with such a claim done by 3rd party, as well as irrelevance of insinuation to the topic of this conversation. So allow me to rephrase it to something more rude and haughty, so we speak the same language and you dont mistake it for philosophy:

- Your licence was obviously not exclusive, since those assets are available for purchase on renderosity since ~2014 or so. So its irrelevant to the topic of dicussion, even assuming that it covers the same assets. You deny someones work quality and question if assets are even legally licenced based on pure allegation. Nothing about it is even remotely appropriate.

1 hour ago, nilead said:

And yet its you who get offended when i rather politely point out issues with such a claim done by 3rd party, as well as irrelevance of insinuation to the topic of this conversation. So allow me to rephrase it to something more rude and haughty, so we speak the same language and you dont mistake it for philosophy:

- Your licence was obviously not exclusive, since those assets are available for purchase on renderosity since ~2014 or so. So its irrelevant to the topic of dicussion, even assuming that it covers the same assets. You deny someones work quality and question if assets are even legally licenced based on pure allegation. Nothing about it is even remotely appropriate.

I know Pretty3D published it on Renderosity because I've owned it for years.
And to put aside my courtesy. I pointed out to you that the page linked by YOU is not the author.

That was all.

And, I wrote the following "And if he doesn't have"

Maybe your head has a different meaning of if.
I have
NOT assumed the author linked by you.

Talk to someone else about your problems, I don't have time for you and I'm not a psychologist either.

PS: And by the way, since nobody wrote to the Admin or Pretty3D, no Extended License is available for this armor.
To put it bluntly for you - the conversion is legal - for personal use. Any distribution is illegal.

With that, IF is done.

Standard License

Extended License

Extended License is analogous to Interactive License on DAZ (for information only)

Edited by Andy14
11 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

linked by YOU is not the author.

But he is. Topic is about OP trying to find armor for skyrim. Not assets, meshes, textures ot licences. Armor.

I do greatly enjoy frustrating you, not gonna lie. Ill consult psychologist ASAP.

For now, ill allege that you're might be a washed up "has been" dev, stroking his ego by belittling content creators, even when (in this case, at least) content is provided for free.

Notice "Might be". Nothing wrong with insulting someone, if i clearly state it may or may not be the case, right?

Have a good day.

36 minutes ago, nilead said:

But he is. Topic is about OP trying to find armor for skyrim. Not assets, meshes, textures ot licences. Armor.

I do greatly enjoy frustrating you, not gonna lie. Ill consult psychologist ASAP.

For now, ill allege that you're might be a washed up "has been" dev, stroking his ego by belittling content creators, even when (in this case, at least) content is provided for free.

Notice "Might be". Nothing wrong with insulting someone, if i clearly state it may or may not be the case, right?

Have a good day.

lol

He's not the author and so, as you put it, "he's not doing a good job" either. I've been a software developer for so long that people with half-knowledge like you haven't frustrated me for ages. But on the contrary. It's always a pleasure to see people like you keep ridiculing themselves with every sentence and post.

First understand nothing, then answer than you could think and at the same time prove the opposite and then only flimsy remarks.
Always the same scheme and always funny.

Keep writing, it's fun, not frustrating.?

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

lol

He's not the author and so, as you put it, "he's not doing a good job" either. I've been a software developer for so long that people with half-knowledge like you haven't frustrated me for ages. But on the contrary. It's always a pleasure to see people like you keep ridiculing themselves with every sentence and post.

First understand nothing, then answer than you could think and at the same time prove the opposite and then only flimsy remarks.
Always the same scheme and always funny.

Keep writing, it's fun, not frustrating.?

Very well, lets assume so. Would you kindly provide a link for an original author of armor?

That would be a good argument, unlike the bickering we've had here.

15 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

For a second there, i had hope. With all the alleged experience in the field, do you seriously not see a diference between 3rd party .OBJ asset and finished product? 

Concept of just buying models you need is foreign to you?

I see two options: You're either full of it, or trolling me hard.

In first case - there is no point in going on.

In second - convesation is kinda over when victim realizes its being toyed with.

Lets assume the second. In wich case - well played. I concede defeat.

Edited by nilead
34 minutes ago, nilead said:

For a second there, i had hope. With all the alleged experience in the field, do you seriously not see a diference between 3rd party .OBJ asset and finished product? 

Concept of just buying models you need is foreign to you?

I see two options: You're either full of it, or trolling me hard.

In first case - there is no point in going on.

In second - convesation is kinda over when victim realizes its being toyed with.

Lets assume the second. In wich case - well played. I concede defeat.

Obj files, of course. Do you even know Poser or DAZ?
Of course not.

Because then you wouldn't be talking about obj at all. In this context it should be mentioned that the conversion from Genesis or Victoria to Skyrim is not an achievement - another assumption of yours that is based on ignorance. Converting a complete body including morphs (without facial expressions) takes 2 days - then it's ready to play - including any skin.
I've done it a hundred times, you professional.
You have probably heard of a fortune teller at the Christmas market who always wavefront when it's free. News - the fortune teller screwed you. He always finds a fool.

Third party? There is no third party. There's Pretty3D who created this armor. And he chose Renderosity as the publisher in this case.

It is the publisher chosen by the author and not a third party.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:52 PM, nilead said:

I can assure you, everything you see as a "quality mod" outfit for Skyrim is usually a direct ripoff from DAZ 3D assets, illegal of course to make money on from any form of publishing. Any thought of that you bought the license\product from DAZ marketplace to use it freely is of course a misunderstanding. Because DAZ 3D EULA has it all stated perfect and clear, for only a direct personal use on your PC platform and period. That's why such "authors" dont use any form of suggestions, polls, petition or commissions to create desired outfits by the fans or users on mod sites. Its just a marketing to gain profits.
 Hell, there are even users on DeviantArt that sell Illusion games characters with assets (made by other authors for a free use) on their Patreon pages, they tend to quickly rage ban you from writing a public message if you mention, that this shit is all supposed to be free online. If you willing to pay\donate to authors in any form, do it for the authors who actually create individual stuff that no one make and care for users.