Dead bodies invisible, can only see hands and feet until I remove something

I thought it might be a good idea to ask this here first in case it is related to mods from this site before I go somewhere where I am more identifiable and ask there!

When I enter an area with already dead bodies, the bodies are invisible and I can only see the hands and feet, until such time as I loot any clothing item from the body then it appears in full with any remaining clothes on it.

Is this Known? Does anyone know of a fix?

3 hours ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

I thought it might be a good idea to ask this here first in case it is related to mods from this site before I go somewhere where I am more identifiable and ask there!

When I enter an area with already dead bodies, the bodies are invisible and I can only see the hands and feet, until such time as I loot any clothing item from the body then it appears in full with any remaining clothes on it.

Is this Known? Does anyone know of a fix?

Use bodygen?

I think this will not help, unfortunately, I looked in the esp and it does not seem to touch the bodies I have problems with.

imgur of problem here

that is what I see all over, also if I do remove things then go back later (playing again the next day and I have transitioned in and out of interior spaces) some bodies I made pop back into visibility are once again in this state. This happens for male and female bodies (bodytalk / cbbe)

I am wondering whether theres some script trigger I could call to add them remove an item quickly when I enter an area with a dead body like this automatically

So as a test I tried deactivating cbbe and the female bodies are back, maybe if I deactivated bodytalk that would fix males, but I don't want to do that!

Evryone else is using them and I seem to be in the minority having a problem

Has anyone else seen this and know what I might be able to change?

I will try the linked bodygen stuff again, it didn't fix before though, maybe there's something in there I can tweak

Edited by NotKinkyEnough
11 hours ago, aghjax said:

Disable bodygen in the f4ee.ini or properly setup the fix you were linked. It's 100% a bodygen issue.

ok I'll try again. I must have messed up the fix.

EDIT

can confirm it _HAD_ fixed it but I was looking at some bodies added by another mod based off different base IDs custom to that mod. So I will replace those with the new corrected models but DUH I spent a lot of time on this when it had already been fixed! 

Edited by NotKinkyEnough
  • 1 year later...

Honestly SPID probably could be used to solve this bodygen issue. Problem is I don't know of an easy way to add keywords to every dead actor across someone's load order. Maybe an xedit script could but there are two types of dead actors and IIRC only one type is affected from this issue. Also there might* be an issue with SPID and outfit swapping anyway reading through some recent post unsure, probably people not using the syntax right IDK.

There should be various mod added leveled list in that mod by Invictusblade than need versions of outfits built in OS without morphs added to them.

And each npc vanilla or modded needs to be edited to pull from those leveled list or have their outfits changed aswell. That is a lot of edits depending on your mod count.

Bodygen itself isn't likely to have this bug addressed.

An "easier" way is to list all the form id's of each dead npc in bodygen settings and assign them all a preset with certain morphs and it will prevent the issue. But I can't recall what the morph settings need to be for the assigned npc's to not be invisible. Either all dead npc's need a zero morphs template or one that sets weight to zero or something. That also requires listing every dead npc form ID from every mod.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:11 AM, slight_of_mind said:

Honestly SPID probably could be used to solve this bodygen issue. Problem is I don't know of an easy way to add keywords to every dead actor across someone's load order. Maybe an xedit script could but there are two types of dead actors and IIRC only one type is affected from this issue. Also there might* be an issue with SPID and outfit swapping anyway reading through some recent post unsure, probably people not using the syntax right IDK.

There should be various mod added leveled list in that mod by Invictusblade than need versions of outfits built in OS without morphs added to them.

And each npc vanilla or modded needs to be edited to pull from those leveled list or have their outfits changed aswell. That is a lot of edits depending on your mod count.

Bodygen itself isn't likely to have this bug addressed.

An "easier" way is to list all the form id's of each dead npc in bodygen settings and assign them all a preset with certain morphs and it will prevent the issue. But I can't recall what the morph settings need to be for the assigned npc's to not be invisible. Either all dead npc's need a zero morphs template or one that sets weight to zero or something. That also requires listing every dead npc form ID from every mod.

I already "fixed" this issue using SPID, it is located inside Random Overlay Framework

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47688

btw I should have it as its own mod but I did add death overlays to dead NPCs

turns out that it is not quite a bodygen issue. so remorphing them doesn't work but applying an overlay (or just updating the skin (I cannot remember at the moment)) does restore the body (for a while until you save and reload)