FG 1.8 No wet effects on the Character

What the title says there's a pic showing my character standing in rain, but they are not wet. The nude body doesn't get wet either. Mod list is also attached since I'm using MO2. Any help or guidance with troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Or if this is normal then that's fine just not sure if it's a bug or not.

Load Order Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
AORobcoReconScope.esl
AWHD4KFull.esl
AAF.esm
AAFThemes.esl
XDI.esm
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part1.esp
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part2.esp
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part3.esp
dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
Hot and Horny Wastelands Billboards.esp
Insignificant Object Remover.esp
M8rDisablePipboyEffects.esp
NoBattleMusic.esp
Flicker Fixer.esp
FAR.esp
LBPAC.esp
Consistent Power Armor Overhaul.esp
LBPAC CPAO Patch.esp
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
CGOsoundsplugin.esp
Project Reality Footsteps FO4.esp
BarefootFootstepExtended.esp
LooksMenu.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
FusionGirl.esp
FusionGirlUniquePlayer.esp
PhotoLight.esp
Jumpsuit.esp
C5Kev's Animated Living Armor Outfits V3 CBBE.esp
C5Kev's Luda's Animated Parasite Armor CBBE.esp
HN66Fo4_EasyGirl_BS.esp
Custom Moans.esp
Vioxsis_Strap-Ons.esp
Farelle_Animations.esp
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
Atomic Lust.esp
Rufgt's Animations.esp
rxl_bp70_animations.esp
BraveAnims.esp
BraveAnims_Fix.esp
SuperMutantFreezeFix.esp
UAP Moans.esp
Zaz Particle Effects.esp
AAF_SEU.esp
AAF_VanillaFudge.esp
DangerousNights.esp
THPoses.esp
Weed.esp
Smoke-able Cigars.esp
BasementLiving.esp
Keep Radiants In Commonwealth.esp
Keep Radiants in Commonwealth - UF4P Patch.esp
Depth of Field Removal.esp
CustomCamera.esp
RAW INPUT.esp
No Aggro Impact Landing.esp
InstitWeapPosit.esp
EquilibriumWeapons.esp
RustDevilRedux.esp
Third Person Movement Speed Fix.esp
ThirdPersonGunDown.esp
PD_LowerWeapon.esp
Realistic_conversations.esp
mr Loot Logic and Reduction.esp
Loot Logic Scrounger Fortune Finder rebalance.esp
Loot Logic Weed Patch.esp
NPC LLD Rebalance.esp
No Legendary Items From Creatures.esp
Complex Vendors.esp
SalvageBeacons.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Quest.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Autumn.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Far Harbor.esp
Vivid Weathers - Nuka World.esp
MCMWeatherControl.esp
BostonFPSFixAIO.esp
PaladinBaileyRedRocket.esp
F4UP - Boston FPS Fix Patch.esp
PrevisPackInt.esp
UltraInteriorLighting.esp
PrevisPackInt-UIL-Light.esp
PrevisPackInt-Hotfix.esp
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
DynamicInteriorFogRemoval.esp
Wasteland Water Revival - Glow Worm.esp
StartMeUp.esp
StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp
StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
Fixed flickering puddles.esp
M8r Complex Sorter FOXXX FG Vivid Weathers.esp

ScreenShot5.png

modlist.txt

For the skin you need to edit something in material file, but i can't remember what. You always can download another skin texture that include materials and see if it fixed it.

Not 100% sure if yo ucan do the same for the outfit, or they need something set in textures n or s for it. Anyway it depends on the outfit itself (with some you willl see it wet, with others no)

8 hours ago, Ends_and_Memes said:

What the title says there's a pic showing my character standing in rain, but they are not wet. The nude body doesn't get wet either. Mod list is also attached since I'm using MO2. Any help or guidance with troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Or if this is normal then that's fine just not sure if it's a bug or not.

Load Order Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
AORobcoReconScope.esl
AWHD4KFull.esl
AAF.esm
AAFThemes.esl
XDI.esm
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part1.esp
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part2.esp
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part3.esp
dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
Hot and Horny Wastelands Billboards.esp
Insignificant Object Remover.esp
M8rDisablePipboyEffects.esp
NoBattleMusic.esp
Flicker Fixer.esp
FAR.esp
LBPAC.esp
Consistent Power Armor Overhaul.esp
LBPAC CPAO Patch.esp
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
CGOsoundsplugin.esp
Project Reality Footsteps FO4.esp
BarefootFootstepExtended.esp
LooksMenu.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
FusionGirl.esp
FusionGirlUniquePlayer.esp
PhotoLight.esp
Jumpsuit.esp
C5Kev's Animated Living Armor Outfits V3 CBBE.esp
C5Kev's Luda's Animated Parasite Armor CBBE.esp
HN66Fo4_EasyGirl_BS.esp
Custom Moans.esp
Vioxsis_Strap-Ons.esp
Farelle_Animations.esp
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
Atomic Lust.esp
Rufgt's Animations.esp
rxl_bp70_animations.esp
BraveAnims.esp
BraveAnims_Fix.esp
SuperMutantFreezeFix.esp
UAP Moans.esp
Zaz Particle Effects.esp
AAF_SEU.esp
AAF_VanillaFudge.esp
DangerousNights.esp
THPoses.esp
Weed.esp
Smoke-able Cigars.esp
BasementLiving.esp
Keep Radiants In Commonwealth.esp
Keep Radiants in Commonwealth - UF4P Patch.esp
Depth of Field Removal.esp
CustomCamera.esp
RAW INPUT.esp
No Aggro Impact Landing.esp
InstitWeapPosit.esp
EquilibriumWeapons.esp
RustDevilRedux.esp
Third Person Movement Speed Fix.esp
ThirdPersonGunDown.esp
PD_LowerWeapon.esp
Realistic_conversations.esp
mr Loot Logic and Reduction.esp
Loot Logic Scrounger Fortune Finder rebalance.esp
Loot Logic Weed Patch.esp
NPC LLD Rebalance.esp
No Legendary Items From Creatures.esp
Complex Vendors.esp
SalvageBeacons.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Quest.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Autumn.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Far Harbor.esp
Vivid Weathers - Nuka World.esp
MCMWeatherControl.esp
BostonFPSFixAIO.esp
PaladinBaileyRedRocket.esp
F4UP - Boston FPS Fix Patch.esp
PrevisPackInt.esp
UltraInteriorLighting.esp
PrevisPackInt-UIL-Light.esp
PrevisPackInt-Hotfix.esp
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
DynamicInteriorFogRemoval.esp
Wasteland Water Revival - Glow Worm.esp
StartMeUp.esp
StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp
StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
Fixed flickering puddles.esp
M8r Complex Sorter FOXXX FG Vivid Weathers.esp

ScreenShot5.png

modlist.txt 8.6 kB · 0 downloads

Maybe it depends on game settings, problem cant be in FG since face also not wet

On 5/27/2021 at 12:28 AM, kharneth1 said:

For the skin you need to edit something in material file, but i can't remember what. You always can download another skin texture that include materials and see if it fixed it.

Not 100% sure if yo ucan do the same for the outfit, or they need something set in textures n or s for it. Anyway it depends on the outfit itself (with some you willl see it wet, with others no)

Awesome, I'm definitely going to try some skin textures out, so I'll see if that works. Sounds like the skin is a little easier to make work but with outfits it's hit and miss? The Jumpsuits by Lazman seem to work fine but the clothing in the picture is from HN66's easy girl outfits (FG Conversion Ofc) I think the face isn't wet either because of the glasses etc because when I'm naked the face gets wet but the body doesn't.

Nope, you don't need an overlay for it. It certainly can be applied as an overlay (provided there is one for it, I suposse it exist) but them the skin will always wet. 

Similar to skins that always show wet skin (fsm skin have some options for that) 

But for what you are looking, dinamically change to wet with rain/swin, you simple need textures with that support. I'm almost sure  8k realistic skin have it, at least I use this one and have it but I also edited materials for it several times not 100% sure it works by default (but I think never edited anything related to wet effects so probably it's default) 

Same for outfits, you need outfits that support it, some will be correctly setting for it and some not. It's not related to FG or conversions to it, as conversions don't touch textures or materials 99% of the time (for sure easy girl conversion don't touch them as I made it myself and I don't touch anything there xd) 

Edited by kharneth1

We have two different types of "wet". One done by vanilla base game (not very pretty, but does the job - gives you the sense of getting your body soaked in water when standing in the rain), one done by mods, either by overlays which can be dynamically applied (technique very interesting, but not sure about the aesthetic effect) or skin texture itself, technically less effective than overlays, but aesthetically very beautiful - ranging from nice little details of water drops on the body to really sweaty, oily, whatever you name it in your mind kind of sexy body all soaked in water. Just recently I switched from CBBE to Fusion Girl just for better performance AND naturally handled knees without the need for knee fixes lol but I haven't noticed if female bodies get the vanilla wetness, so your post kinda made me wonder, I will have to check it out if it works properly, because as far as I remember, CBBE bodies were VERY wet even in vanilla itself without extra help from skin textures. By the way, very good skin textures are FSM textures here and newer version here. Check them out, if you're looking for wet bodies, you can't go wrong with these mods, installation makes sure your female bodies will get wet as much as you wish. ?

Edited by MrFuturehope
typos grrr

Thanks for all the helpful responses!!! I will say I found a "fix" for the vanilla FG body and getting wet in rain. Credit to Lo0u on this nexus post (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43436?tab=posts)

"But if you want to keep a dry skin in normal weather, but either increase or decrease the wet effect during rains, you can do this:

Download the Material Editor and edit the SkinTemplate_Wet.bgsm file. Some nude mods have this file, like the 8k one, but most don't. So you can extract the vanilla file that's archived in Fallout4 - Materials.ba2.

Change the Wet spec Power Scale value to whatever you like and you can make the wet effect stronger or weaker, while not being permanent because you're editing the effect Template and not the body files (basehumanFemaleskin.bgsm, basehumanFemaleskinHead, basehumanFemaleskinHands)

Unless you want to make it permanent, then you can edit those instead. But then, you already have this mod for that.

I have mine at 2.8, but if you want the similar effect of this mod, change it to 5."

I ended up restarting my character, I think it was something on my mod list that was causing my character not not be wet in the rain, because everything seems to be working fine now. 

Edited by Ends_and_Memes
  • 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem as the OP, the wetness specular is applied to npcs but not to the female character. I'm not using unique player and I've removed all tattoos to eliminate the possibility of an overlay causing the problem. I've tried using only the 8k skin that comes with FG and another 8k skin that specifically says it works with the wetness overlay but my female pc is only wet on her hands and face while female npcs that use the same skin are soaked all over. I'm scratching my head on this one why it's only my character that's excluded.