"That damn place" ruins another one...

Looks like AWZ' date=' the creator of the OFT operation fixed terrain mod got banned the other day. Now it looks like OFT has been deleted from the internet, even over at ravenmodding. I am very disappointed.

[/quote']

The worst part? Nobody speaks out against this crap, because all Nexus moderators will do is ban you if you so much as question their decisions, and the admin hasn't exactly shown any inclination to get staff better-suited for dealing with things online. The mostly 40+ moderators he has only know how to deal with things as they would in-person, and can't wrap their heads around the fact that because it's the internet, rules are less strict, no matter where it is.

The worst part? Nobody speaks out against this crap' date=' because all Nexus moderators will do is ban you if you so much as question their decisions, and the admin hasn't exactly shown any inclination to get staff better-suited for dealing with things online. The mostly 40+ moderators he has only know how to deal with things as they would in-person, and can't wrap their heads around the fact that because it's the internet, rules are less strict, no matter where it is.

[/quote']

To be honest, their site, their bandwidth, their rules. Sadly it's one of the biggest and best-known mod repositories. And just as sadly, it takes far too much effort to try to debate with their management, and even then rarely do they change their minds.

Out of curiosity, would you explain your "The mostly 40+ moderators he has" comment - is that a remark on the age of the mods, or the # of them. Because I am over 40 myself and wondering if this is some sort of crack on the non-teen crowd.

as for your comment of "because it's the internet, rules are less strict, no matter where it is" I have to disagree with you on that. Just because you can hide behind the shield of internet anonymity does not give you licence to act like a complete jackhole. On the flip side, it doesn't mean there has to be rules to protect the mental midgets that hound contributing modders to the point they lose their temper and get banned for it - like what happened to 2pac4eva7 and many other modders on the nexus. Quite frankly solid contributing modders are worth a hundred mental midgets demanding that mod authors spoonfeed them to making their mod work EXACTLY as they want, in spite that most often it's something stupid like not RFTM to figure out how to even install a mod.

And don't get me started on those that demand a youtube video explaining how to install mod content.

ugh, end rant. I'm just happy I've found a place like this, and rediscovered one of my fave modders is alive and well, and with plans in effect to do more. Makes for a good friday at the end of an annoying work week :D

It was a crack on the "old-school" policies some of the moderators tend to have. Myrmaad in particular acts like an elderly conservative christian, bringing the hammer down on anyone that /dares/ question her authority. As for their rules and such, that would be a much bigger issue if they weren't the biggest mod repository online. As it stands, DarkOne really needs to look at the fact that he has a /lot/ of people coming to his sites for mods, and that he just can't drive them away like he has been if he wants to be the biggest, most diverse repository. If I had the storage space, quite honestly I'd do as some in the MUGEN fighting game community have, and just store away an up-to-date catalogue of every mod in existence, just in case his thugs go and kick more great modders out. I've seen the way some of the really good modders get baited by trolls, and lose their cool in a thread, leading to a ban. The troll gets a ban too, but they always come back under a different name. Funny enough, I've actually been there longer under an alias than I was under my original name. My anarchist nature got Buddha or whoever the heck that guy thinks he is in a fit, not long after I joined. I've since been warned a few times, threateningly when it came to Myrmaad(pretty sure she knowingly compared me to a dog at one point) and recently, I was actually messaged by her /after/ another mod had given me a warning. The point of the message? To intimidate me into not saying anything that undermines the moderators, despite having already GOTTEN a message like that, one that she actually referenced in hers. The language she used was quite unprofessional, as well. Anonymity really does make people act like asses.

Nexus uses IP bans, I haven't got banned in Nexus, but because my IP changes from time to time, 30% of the time I'm banned from the forums. I guess I should be happy they don't ban by the country, lol. :D

I did get kicked/warning once though, I linked some student art-work from YouTube, and because a nun died in it, (animation) it was "religious/inflammable" whatever. :P

Haven't talked on the site since.

I keep my opinions on most RL things off game related forums. The opinions are very diverse amongst the playerbase, and it serves no purpose other than to start arguments.

Same goes for here. As a "I'm gonna pick on someone!" example, Metal, I think the "elderly conservative christian" comment you made two posts up was distasteful. There was no reason for it, and while we all know just what you mean, there are plenty of "elderly conservative christian" people out there who aren't egomaniacal control freaks.

Politics and religion have no place on a gaming forum, pervert oriented or otherwise. :D

(well unless they relate to groups trying to ban pervert games, mods, websites, etc haha)

Oh, almost forgot, I did get kicked once for saying "I don't wanna use the poopy x-replacer mod, so are there any..."

Once I asked why, I heard that it's "hurtful" to say someone's mod is bad/poopy. :D

But yeah, their bandwidth their rules. I suppose there's worse injustice in the world. xD

Oh' date=' almost forgot, I did get kicked once for saying "I don't wanna use the poopy x-replacer mod, so are there any..."

Once I asked why, I heard that it's "hurtful" to say someone's mod is bad/poopy. :D

But yeah, their bandwidth their rules. I suppose there's worse injustice in the world. xD

[/quote']

Why how dare you?? POOPY?! Haha.. :)

What would they think of me ripping through the Tryout code replacing "butt" with "ass" every time I see a sentence like "try my butt"?

They would probably think that's pretty poopy.

...Wow. XD Sorry about the earlier comment. I can see now how it could be taken pretty badly. Apologies to anyone I may have offended. I must say' date=' this place is really friendly compared to Nexus. Over there it's like the mods can't resist telling you exactly how much power they have.

[/quote']

We all have to get along.. if this place shuts down, then where the hell are we gonna go?? :D

this place is really friendly compared to Nexus. Over there it's like the mods can't resist telling you exactly how much power they have.

I can't speak for the other mods here, but I tend to be a fair and beneficent dictator.

Politics and religion have no place on a gaming forum' date=' pervert oriented or otherwise. :D

(well unless they relate to groups trying to ban pervert games, mods, websites, etc haha)[/quote']

THERE IS NO PLACE FOR GOD IN THIS PERVERTED CRITTER FILLED WASTELAND! :)

Hmm wonder when we will see a religion mod, have to go to church of Atom on Sunday mornings or lose Karma?

Buffs for killing an opponent whilst facing west?

XP for Crucifying non-believing NPC's? :)

Politics and religion have no place on a gaming forum' date=' pervert oriented or otherwise. :D

(well unless they relate to groups trying to ban pervert games, mods, websites, etc haha)[/quote']

Hmm wonder when we will see a religion mod, have to go to church of Atom on Sunday mornings or lose Karma?

How about a "Book of Eli" full conversion mod?

I don't have the time.. someone might. :D

It was a crack on the "old-school" policies some of the moderators tend to have. Myrmaad in particular acts like an elderly conservative christian' date=' bringing the hammer down on anyone that /dares/ question her authority. As for their rules and such, that would be a much bigger issue if they weren't the biggest mod repository online. As it stands, DarkOne really needs to look at the fact that he has a /lot/ of people coming to his sites for mods, and that he just can't drive them away like he has been if he wants to be the biggest, most diverse repository. If I had the storage space, quite honestly I'd do as some in the MUGEN fighting game community have, and just store away an up-to-date catalogue of every mod in existence, just in case his thugs go and kick more great modders out. I've seen the way some of the really good modders get baited by trolls, and lose their cool in a thread, leading to a ban. The troll gets a ban too, but they always come back under a different name. Funny enough, I've actually been there longer under an alias than I was under my original name. My anarchist nature got Buddha or whoever the heck that guy thinks he is in a fit, not long after I joined. I've since been warned a few times, threateningly when it came to Myrmaad(pretty sure she knowingly compared me to a dog at one point) and recently, I was actually messaged by her /after/ another mod had given me a warning. The point of the message? To intimidate me into not saying anything that undermines the moderators, despite having already GOTTEN a message like that, one that she actually referenced in hers. The language she used was quite unprofessional, as well. Anonymity really does make people act like asses.

[/quote']

Actually Buddha is one of the more relaxed moderators over there. The other once are the stuck up once. Buddha is actually very helpful, if he did say something. You really must have pissed him off, i never see him answering much like this. Check his posts. This one is actually very helpful. And can track all sorts of mods for you if you are looking for them.

Actually Buddha is one of the more relaxed moderators over there. The other once are the stuck up once. Buddha is actually very helpful' date=' if he did say something. You really must have pissed him off, i never see him answering much like this. Check his posts. This one is actually very helpful. And can track all sorts of mods for you if you are looking for them.[/quote']

Yeah, he seemed to me like the only reasonable mod there. Other than Dark One himself.

How about a "Book of Eli" full conversion mod?

That would fit more into FO3 than FNV :P