Merge different poses.

Hello,

I was wondering if is possible to merge two different poses into one.

Eg. I have a pose with male and female doing missionary (Pose01) and a pose with male and female doing doggy (Pose02); is there a way to merge those two into a foursome pose (Pose03)?

I have already tried creating a 4some pose from scratch with "import animations" but the result is terrible..... 

In short, yes this is possible and it's simple & "easy" to do.

I'll be brutally honest: my guess is you don't fully get how the pose editor works and that is fine. We all start at the same place. In my own case, it took me several tries, truthfully months to fully get it. I slowly learned how it works and at this point I'm still learning probably (very advanced stuff though, using all the options to their max potential)

This covers all the basics, 7,5, but all still applies to VX, VX just has more buttons. if you understand 7,5 editor, you'll likely understand VX.

https://help.thrixxx.com/doku.php?id=en:editors:poseeditor

If you don't get what all the buttons are for you're very likely doomed, some buttons/options are crucial, like knowing the difference between Global key editing on or off, get that wrong and nothing will work, you might completely mess up the pose.

In your case, what you want it's "easy" to do if you know how the editor works:

My guess is the 2 poses are 2 people/person poses? (not per se, you can make a 2 person pose, while hiding the 2 other people) While this is easy, it's still a fair amount of work. Frankly, I get sucked in for weeks making poses, some poses take hours to make and you come back to them, to improve them.

Basically what you'd have to do is:

-open up a 4 people pose

-connect all the body parts correctly (and in the right order, very complicated poses don't work otherwise), some poses use no connections, poses that do connect body parts are easier to work with, but they need to be corrected correctly or they won't appear right the same

-IF it's connected correctly, then you import the 2 poses.

-the order and the place is crucial, very likely you import the person 1 from pose 1 into person 1, then add person 2 from pose 1 into person 2 (this depends on the modder, depends which person is the male, some pick person one, some don't, it's only a minor adjustment though)

-import pose 2, if you follow the same logic from pose one and you put the males in slot 1 and 3 (female slot 2 and 4), then you import person 1 from pose 2 into person 3, person 2 from pose 2 into person 4

-here's when you get some extra work: if both poses are situated on the same spot, you got to move them apart basically, you take the centre hip manipulator click on it while holding shift at the same time and drag it to the side. This dragging is flawed, usually it needs some corrections of some body parts, this gets even worse when you rotate the pose, arms, legs and spine get deformed usually, if you get lucky, it might be minor, the further you move, the more correction work you'll have.

(if I was making this pose of yours, very likely I'd move & correct the 2 poses in advance, separately, to only have to import & connect into a 4 people pose)

Basically you "just" have to import the poses onto a 4 people pose, import to all 4 people correctly, connect them correctly, then place them in 2 different spots, likely moving them a bit apart. This is the simple version.

Sry mate, there's no easy shortcut around this, you need to understand the software, once you understand it, you'll find that this is what makes this game sooo good and so unique, the possibilities are infinite/crazy. I've gotten to the point where I can almost make anything I want, it only takes time to make.

It's best if you understand how this works yourself, otherwise you'll be asking for help for every new pose you want.

Hi, thanks for the answer, but I already know that You need to connect correctly the body parts when you import the poses, but my problem is exactly there: the connections! How can I know which part is connected to what in the pre-existing pose? Trial and error? Is there a way to see the connection list in a pose? My point is only this, for all the rest I can figure it out myself (I hope)...

Ah, I see what's happening! The source pose links to actors that you AREN'T replacing. So when you import, the links are connected to the wrong actors.

Hmm.

There is no way to "automatically" change a link between (for example) 1 & 2 into a link between 3 & 4.

Your only option is to clone your source pose and unlink the actors. Then, after importing them to the target pose, relink them (keyframe-by-keyframe, working backwards from the last keyframe to the first.)

Sorry. I don't think there's a simpler solution. :(