When going delete a enb please attention with that

Deedlit

ENB files start with the letters ENB*.*, and then d3d9.dll (which is used by ENB).

yea ik, but some enbs have files wich goes at data folder, if you copy and paste that there its ok, but if you still have that selected because its a test enb (i was doing couples tests because working/trying help for some textures for zazelim) and if you do a shift+delete that, will for sure delete the data folder also, its that occurs with me.

Now im trying doing that: i saved what left for my skyrim /mods, still reinstalling skyrim, after that ill do the update,etc and will paste the old folder over new(reinstall) one, and try reactivated the mods one by one and hope works, because without that, goes couple days till redo all...

you can recover most the files you deleted by either right clicking on the folder & select undo delete or go into your recycle bin, locate the files you deleted & right click on the files you want to keep & click restore, that's if you haven't already emptied your recycle bin..

Shouldn't have to reinstall the game.  Just delete your loose files in your Skyrim directory and then run a verify integrity cache thing.

Failing that.  Look at this.  No need to re-download an 11gb game when you probably only need to redownload 100 or 200mb.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again

Also, considering that ENB's come in Zips why not just re-download the ENB and see what the files it add are and just manually delete them from your Data folder by tracking the file names from the Zip folder in your Data folder?

If you have deleted game essential things you can check Skyrim through steam and it will redownload everything needed.

For ENB installation and uninstallation I would recommend you use an ENB Manager like http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24402 for everything that doesn't go into the Data folder and NMM or another mod manager for everything that goes in the Data folder just create a zip/7zip/rar file and add it into you mod manager so you can savly install and remove all ENB stuff at will.

ty all, i recovered some at skydrive autoupdate (ty god), about the recover by recycle, cant be done if the "wise one" here used shift+delete, bad habit, im almost cool again now, just  lost my edited texture,meshes,re-edits and hell alot mod, but still have that at nexus manager folder, the bad its the right order of install some, i dnt remember hahaha, going try the enb´s managers like you guys said also, about replacing files got some corruption at some data and at skillsnames,etc, tried fix with updates, not luck, but just doing do a new install today and just keep saves its for better i guess, at least will avoid alot headaches later on , ty guys.

Obs: really need reinstall because lost almost entire data folder, just left 3-4 files and 2 folders... (sometimes SD goes for worst, why that dnt goes slow when i need...)

Archived