Missing mesh while activating

EvenstarGW

Since recently, I've been getting a weird bug I can't pinpoint. Wondering if anyone's ever had this before.

Whenever an NPC activates something (a container or other NPC) the activate animation plays as usual. But floating through their body is a big WTF I'm a missing mesh symbol. It only happens with the normal activate animation, not the low one for picking stuff off the ground. I can't find any replacement animations in my folder, and it doesn't actually seem to be the animation that's wrong. But something is missing and I don't have a clue what. Anyone seen this before?

Since recently' date=' I've been getting a weird bug I can't pinpoint. Wondering if anyone's ever had this before.

Whenever an NPC activates something (a container or other NPC) the activate animation plays as usual. But floating through their body is a big WTF I'm a missing mesh symbol. It only happens with the normal activate animation, not the low one for picking stuff off the ground. I can't find any replacement animations in my folder, and it doesn't actually seem to be the animation that's wrong. But something is missing and I don't have a clue what. Anyone seen this before?

[/quote']

Sound like you might have something missing in you character. I have had simular, from using xeoex..not saying that it trouble, but you might try in wrye bash to import another face, from another save game, and see if that help's.

I would try most everything else I could think of first though.

it should be a different face, as if your body texture's and nif files have been corrupted, every version of that face will be toast.

In every one of your saves for that face, do try to get a face of the same race if possible.

Well, the problem is not with my own character. It's NPC's that do this. Almost as if something has added an idleobject to the animation, but forgot to include the mesh. Someone picks some food out of a cupboard, a brief flash of a missing mesh. Someone comes up to activate me for a conversation, missing mesh while they stick out their hand.

Some screens of the problem:

CM Marena is about to start a read package, but for some reason decides to grab all the books she can find instead. Whenever she activates one, the missing mesh appears. Odd thing is, the face is either obscured by the mask, or completely missing. I can't tell for sure. Afterwards, she looks just fine.

1.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a while to get annoyed enough to install another mod to figure out the problem, but I've installed it now. But haven't seen it happen since. Sometimes I'll get an entire string of them when a CM goes on a lockpicking package. I did try to click on the WTF mesh, but it doesn't work. All that comes up is the NPC's ID. Don't know if that's because the WTF had no collision, or because the NPC's have insanely huge collision, or if the WTF was actually a part of the NPC. Will give it some time and see if the formid finder can figure it out. Although when I tried it on one of my Hiyoko kids after I had accidentally changed a mod order (resulting in missing head/hands) it gave me an instant CTD when I alt-clicked her, so I'm hoping it will even work.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you have solved your problem already. I had exactly the same issue where the big WTF came out whenever the NPCs tried to activate something.

Interestingly, I accidentally fixed it by deactivating a posing mod (In my case, NaRae). I still don't know why the mod would cause the problem, as all the animations are placed in other folder. Anyway, you might want to double check it.

Aha! I also use NaRae, so that might be it. I haven't precisely fixed it, but I did make it less annoying. FormID finder came with a different missing mesh-marker which is a lot smaller and sticks on the floor between their feet for a second. Hardly noticeable. Still, it didn't point me to the cause of the problem, so I'll see if NaRae is it.

Archived