Hello,

I don't know if this question has already been asked and if so, I'm sorry. I see more and more mods that require Nemesis to be installed instead of FNIS. I understand that Nemesis even creates a FNIS.esp file to ensure full compatibility.

I wonder if all animations and mods requiring FNIS will work the same way if I switch from one to the other. Mods like SexLab Framework, Follow me for Sex, Schlongs of Skyrim and all the animation packs available.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

PS: English is not my first language, so I hope my message is understandable enough. :)

If you already use FNIS I really don't see any reason to use Nemesis, if you don't absolutely HAVE to have a mod requiring Nemesis...

To give you a short and imcomplete summary: the Nemesis dev has been refusing to make his mod feature-complete and thus a viable alternative to FNIS by ignoring ALL creature-type actors in Skyrim. To make myself clear here: ANYTHING that isn't a (default) playable race is categorized as a creature in Skyrim. So you'd still have to install FNIS alongside it if you want, say SL DEFEATS full features and maybe some animations to go with them. Or any creature-mod for that matter.

Making it useless for many of this sites mods regarding animations.

Sure, there are more points to the argument, but in my view one shouldn't use incomplete frameworks over complete ones. So that'd be my advice.

3 minutes ago, echotest123 said:

Sure, there are more points to the argument, but in my view one shouldn't use incomplete frameworks over complete ones. So that'd be my advice.

All true, but the OP's concern is for mods that require Nemesis.  At present, the only way to get full functionality is to use both together.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

"I see more and more" is a huge exaggeration

It literally means "I saw a few and then I saw another".

The Nemesis features most people use are combat-focused.  That isn't what we do here, so clearly it wouldn't be prevalent here.

4 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

The Nemesis features most people use are combat-focused.  That isn't what we do here, so clearly it wouldn't be prevalent here.

Yes and no for "combat-focused". More melee in-the-face and 3rd person combat-focused. I don't see, that Nemesis based mods would offer much for magic or ranged or stealth assasination style combat.

• 1 month later...

I have been trying out Nemesis as a replacement for NFIS automation drivers in Skyrim SE. My mod load on MO2 consists of about 100 various ones, split evenly between Nexus and Lover Lab. After following the instructions in the video here:

Generic

Vortex

I added the Nemesis exe as an external file just like NFIS or Loot, then ran it as directed. Once it completed the initial searches, I removed all of my NFIS drivers and started the game normally without any NFIS. Starting on horseback at Solitude, rode to Dragon Bridge and then to Morthal, and every other town city on the map without stopping. That is about 2 hours of game play without a save, quick or otherwise. Normally my laptop would be locking up from heat by now with NFIS and defaults.

The system made an auto save when I entered Whiterun at the end. During the ride there were a lot of enemies to fight as I rode past. There were numerous encounters all around me throughout that ride. I never felt any need either for saves or glitches as a problem. It all went very smoothly and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Have not tried any of the Llab events yet, so I don’t know how Nemesis handles those.

Regards

• 9 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:21 PM, Fotogen said:

Yes and no for "combat-focused". More melee in-the-face and 3rd person combat-focused. I don't see, that Nemesis based mods would offer much for magic or ranged or stealth assasination style combat.

yeah, AGO runs on fnis, but all distar and most importantly all the adri stuff is on nemesis.

And if you happen to have a look at adri's patreon, the guy is on something absolutely revolutionary.

So Nemesis is just essential for those like me who want to enjoy the state of the art in terms of combat.

Plus there's a creature animation addon for nemesis so I don't know why many here refuseto aknowledge that having this nemesis/fnis split is detrimental for the userbase who wants both the sex and the combat