Most of the harem mods for crusader kings 3 are incest focused and I am not really into incest. Therefore I have been thinking how non-incest harem mod would work in crusader kings 3. These are the ideas I have come up with.

- New harem religion with temporal head of faith

- Religion will only allow male only succession law

- Religion will allow multiple wives and multiple concubines.

- Main toggle with four different settings to get more girls into harem.

1. All harem religion's noble girls will be made concubine of harem religion's head of faith. Head of faith will have -30 noble opinion, because hoarding all girls.

2. Only talented girls. Those that have one or more positive trait. -5 noble opinion, because hoarding still too many girls.

3. Only very talented girls. Those that have two or more positive traits and zero negative traits. +5 noble opinion, because talented ones are chosen by god.

4. None -10 noble opinion, because not following main idea of religion.

- Harem toggle for non-dynasty noble girls/all girls.

- Every dynasty member of head of faith will have to take a harem vow, which will make them infertile and have fertility 0%. Head of faith can make them fertile again. -5 for every dynasty member, that has taken a harem vow.

- Head of faith can take a harem vow too.

- Noble girls that have a child with head of faith will get +50 opinion with head of faith, because bred by god.

Those are the main ideas for a mod.

I am not asking anyone to make this, but of course you can make mod like this, if you want to, but idea here is that I will try to make mod like this. Don't know will I be able to do this with my limited skills or are those things even possible to do.

What do you think? Any ideas, help or anything with this?

14 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

If you have no modding experience, you can always look at the CK3 wiki. You can also reverse-engineer other mods to see how they have accomplished certain things.

Thank you for advice.

CK3 wiki seems to explain most of the things.

Reverse-engineering seems to be quite easy, because most of the things are in txt files and media formats don't seem to be anything exotic. I will try to find out how things are done in similar mods. There are at least two of them - Regula Magestri and Harem Doctrines.

14 hours ago, LAFN1996 said:

This idea sounds nice. But is it possible to make landed noble women your concubines? That would be so op btw. I'm looking forward to it.

You may have missed this in the opening post.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, den_of_evil said:

- Religion will only allow male only succession law

Male only succession will not allow noble women to be landed. I think you might like mod Regula Magistri. It is about dominating landed women.

About automatically assigned concubines. I have been exploring three different options and all of them have some downside or they are not possible to do.

1. Multiple betrothals. - Game engine doesn't seem to allow this.

2. Concubine from birth. - Girls will miss their education, unless player will educate them. Underage concubines seem to work like underage betrothals. All other concubine functions work only for adults.

3. Concubine when girl becomes adult. - Will break girl's betrothal with other people and when repeated those other people might never be married only betrothed to girls they never get.

I might have to figure out something else. Maybe adding devotee from birth and then concubine when they become adult and lastly removing devotee. Or maybe own trait for all this which would be something like purity ring.

Have you looked at Allfather? It makes independent rulers male only and vassals female only concubines. You could probably look into the methods used there.

1. Multiple betrothals. - Game engine doesn't seem to allow this.

2. Concubine from birth. - Girls will miss their education, unless player will educate them. Underage concubines seem to work like underage betrothals. All other concubine functions work only for adults.

3. Concubine when girl becomes adult. - Will break girl's betrothal with other people and when repeated those other people might never be married only betrothed to girls they never get.

I'm not sure if it's doable, but have you considered making eligible girls unable to be betrothed/married from birth, and then having them become concubines when they become adults?

6 hours ago, blankusernn said:

Have you looked at Allfather? It makes independent rulers male only and vassals female only concubines. You could probably look into the methods used there.

Thank you, that mod seems to be interesting and looks like it is similar to this mod I am trying to make.

6 hours ago, blankusernn said:

I'm not sure if it's doable, but have you considered making eligible girls unable to be betrothed/married from birth, and then having them become concubines when they become adults?

That is actually how I did it already. I created new trait, which disallows marriage and which will be given to girls from birth and removed when they become adults. It seems to work like a charm.

Current progress status:

- New harem religion with temporal head of faith - ALMOST DONE

~ Holy sites are the only ones missing from religion.

- Religion will only allow male only succession law - DONE

- Religion will allow multiple wives and multiple concubines. - DONE

~ Every ruler can have 999 wives and 999 concubines. Carnalitas is required to show all wives and concubines in user interface.

1. All harem religion's noble girls will be made concubine of harem religion's head of faith. Head of faith will have -30 noble opinion, because hoarding all girls. - ALMOST DONE

~ All girls following harem heaven religion are currently made concubines when they become adults. Noble + faith opinion modifier is kind of hard to do. I might have to settle with -30 for everyone in same faith.

- Every dynasty member of head of faith will have to take a harem vow, which will make them infertile and have fertility 0%. Head of faith can make them fertile again. -5 for every dynasty member, that has taken a harem vow. - ALMOST DONE

- Head of faith can take a harem vow too.

~ Only thing missing is the interaction to add and remove "harem vow" trait.

I might release initial version when all of these currently in progress ones are done.