Harem King

Just a simple Harem religion mod.

Discussion topic

What is this?

- New religion called Harem Heaven, which allows 999 wives and 999 concubines.

- Harem Heaven allows only male only succession.

- Head of faith for Harem Heaven is called High Breeder and for regular people he is Harem King.

- Some girls under Harem Heaven faith will become concubine of High Breeder when they become adult.

- Children of High Breeder will take celibate vow from birth. High Breeder can release them from their vow or even take one by themselves.

Notes

+ No other mods are required, but carnalitas is recommended to be installed, because user interface cannot show multiple wives and concubines at the same time.

+ Recommended way to start Harem Heaven content is to adopt it through decisions.

+ Most likely won't work with old save games without Harem King mod.

What might be coming next

- Harem breeding orgy
- Coming of age event suppression
- Changeable automatic concubines rules

You can suggest new features or tell which feature you would like to be added next in discussion topic.

4 hours ago, NHouben said:

Is there a way to remove the feature where every girl under the same religion becomes your concubine? 

Great mod anyways. Thanks :)

It is not possible yet. Eventually I will make it toggleable with 3 or 4 different settings.

This is from original idea and it will be something like this.

- Main toggle with four different settings to get more girls into harem.

1. All harem religion's noble girls will be made concubine of harem religion's head of faith. Head of faith will have -30 noble opinion, because hoarding all girls.

2. Only talented girls. Those that have one or more positive trait. -5 noble opinion, because hoarding still too many girls.

3. Only very talented girls. Those that have two or more positive traits and zero negative traits. +5 noble opinion, because talented ones are chosen by god.

4. None -10 noble opinion, because not following main idea of religion.

However I will first iron out current bugs and problems and after that I will start adding new features.

12 hours ago, blankusernn said:

So. this mod seems to break gender succession laws. It appears to disable them entirely for everyone, and the game appears to default to equal.

I have played this mod for a while to identify problems and bugs, but I haven't seen anything like that.

- When does this happen and who are affected?

- Do you have any other mods that edit succession_gender_laws ?

Does anyone else have similar problems?

Problems I have found so far.

- Relationship maluses when not in monogamy marriage and having concubines and wives at the same time.

- Marriage acceptance maluses.

- Own childbirth and dynasty childbirth popups, they can be unbearable when you have enough wives and/or concubines. I will try to find a way to silence them.

If any of you find any other problems, please share.

7 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

I have played this mod for a while to identify problems and bugs, but I haven't seen anything like that.

- When does this happen and who are affected?

- Do you have any other mods that edit succession_gender_laws ?

Does anyone else have similar problems?

It effects everyone from the start of the game. I searched every mod I play with and no, but I'm sorry for bringing it up regardless because it does indeed appear to be a compatibility issue. When I tried launching with only this mod running the problem went away, and I feel dumb for not trying that first.

7 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

Problems I have found so far.

- Relationship maluses when not in monogamy marriage and having concubines and wives at the same time.

- Marriage acceptance maluses.

- Own childbirth and dynasty childbirth popups, they can be unbearable when you have enough wives and/or concubines. I will try to find a way to silence them.

If any of you find any other problems, please share.

Maybe you've fixed it already, but regarding the second problem in your list you can fix it by including 00_marriage_scripted_modifiers.txt and find and replacing

scope:secondary_recipient.faith = { NOT = {	has_doctrine = doctrine_polygamy }	}

with

scope:secondary_recipient.faith = { 
	NOR = {	
		has_doctrine = doctrine_polygamy 
		has_doctrine = doctrine_marriage_hk
	}	
}

This should also impact elopement success maluses and divorce chance modifiers, which are also problems but rare enough to not be noticed. The first problem can be fixed by doing something similar in 00_marriage_interactions_effects.txt

15 hours ago, blankusernn said:

When I tried launching with only this mod running the problem went away, and I feel dumb for not trying that first.

No problem. Good that you found out what was wrong.

15 hours ago, blankusernn said:

Maybe you've fixed it already, but regarding the second problem in your list you can fix it by including 00_marriage_scripted_modifiers.txt and...

Thank you, all help is welcome.

Non intrusive childbirth popups seem to work nicely too. Of course those bring problem of children naming. Maybe adding interaction which allows name change for all dynasty children when they are younger than 1 years old would solve that problem.

Spoiler

2021-05-04 20_58_30-Crusader Kings III.png

6 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

No problem. Good that you found out what was wrong.

Thank you, all help is welcome.

Non intrusive childbirth popups seem to work nicely too. Of course those bring problem of children naming. Maybe adding interaction which allows name change for all dynasty children when they are younger than 1 years old would solve that problem.

Reveal hidden contents

2021-05-04 20_58_30-Crusader Kings III.png

Do you have an eta when an update can come through to fix these bugs?

19 hours ago, No U34343434 said:

Do you have an eta when an update can come through to fix these bugs?

Currently there is no eta and I cannot say anything about eta. I never know how much time each week I can dedicate for this mod.

Added new version. Changes can be seen on file page.

I have been trying to figure out how orgies work in Regula Magestri. Does any other mod have anything similar?

End goal for harem breeding orgies in Harem King mod is to make every wife and concubine pregnant. I was thinking something like this.

- Breeding orgy can be started, if any wife or concubine is not pregnant

- Process 1-2 girls each day

- Repeat until all wives and concubines are pregnant.

Of course if there is enough wives and concubines orgy could be going on forever. I wonder can it be made abortable somehow or should it just have a time limit or something.

•  

I think their should be a tim limit. Otherwise it will took around 3 - 5 years for all wives and concubines, if harem full, to be pregnant and in this time the first girls will also give birth and can be impregnanted again. This will be an endless loop and you can not play the game anymore. Nake a Time limit from one month and a repeat limit von two months.

And I also have a quesion. Waht are the Trait IDs for the harem king traits.

Regula Magistri's orgies don't make everyone pregnant, though the MC does have sex with a few of the participants.

If you want every participant to get pregnant you can add something like this to one of the orgy events:

scope:activity = {
            every_participant = {  
                if = {
                    limit = { root = scope:host }
                    trigger_event = {
                        id = RANDOM PROGRESS EVENT
                    }
                }
                else = {
                      carn_had_sex_with_effect = {
                          CHARACTER_1 = scope:host
                          CHARACTER_2 = this
                          C1_PREGNANCY_CHANCE = 0
                          C2_PREGNANCY_CHANCE = 100
                          STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
                          DRAMA = no
                      }
                }
            }
        }

Not tested, obviously.
22 hours ago, Yomiman_123 said:

•  

I think their should be a tim limit. Otherwise it will took around 3 - 5 years for all wives and concubines, if harem full, to be pregnant and in this time the first girls will also give birth and can be impregnanted again. This will be an endless loop and you can not play the game anymore. Nake a Time limit from one month and a repeat limit von two months.

And I also have a quesion. Waht are the Trait IDs for the harem king traits.

That might work for those orgies.

I reserved trait ids 16600 to 16700 for harem king traits. Not sure is it enough, but it is a start for now.

###
# Reserved 16600 - 16700 for this mod
###

hk_celibate = {
	index = 16601

21 hours ago, bobbily said:

Regula Magistri's orgies don't make everyone pregnant, though the MC does have sex with a few of the participants.

If you want every participant to get pregnant you can add something like this to one of the orgy events:

scope:activity = {
            every_participant = {  
                if = {
                    limit = { root = scope:host }
                    trigger_event = {
                        id = RANDOM PROGRESS EVENT
                    }
                }
                else = {
                      carn_had_sex_with_effect = {
                          CHARACTER_1 = scope:host
                          CHARACTER_2 = this
                          C1_PREGNANCY_CHANCE = 0
                          C2_PREGNANCY_CHANCE = 100
                          STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
                          DRAMA = no
                      }
                }
            }
        }

Not tested, obviously.

I did try this out and it seems to work nicely. This will help with code, thanks. It is kind of unrealistic, if it affects all, but it is a start.

21 hours ago, bobbily said:

To space things out you could put the sex effect in a hidden event, and call it with trigger_event after a random delay (days = { 0 60 } should work reasonably well). In that case change CHARACTER_2 from this to root.

That might do it.

It seems that you can play as "a cuck" too, if you give your Harem Heaven head of faith title away. However AI doesn't seem to be able to cope with death stress and dies quickly after he has enough children. Same thing seems to happen even in vanilla, if AI has too many fertile wives or concubines.

To prevent this I added trait, that eliminates death stress after first tragic death and it also helps to cope with other stress too. I also added -5 for spouse opinion to simulate that character is less responsive emotionally.

Spoiler

2021-05-15 12_01_55-Crusader Kings III.png

On 5/15/2021 at 12:11 PM, den_of_evil said:

It seems that you can play as "a cuck" too, if you give your Harem Heaven head of faith title away. However AI doesn't seem to be able to cope with death stress and dies quickly after he has enough children. Same thing seems to happen even in vanilla, if AI has too many fertile wives or concubines.

To prevent this I added trait, that eliminates death stress after first tragic death and it also helps to cope with other stress too. I also added -5 for spouse opinion to simulate that character is less responsive emotionally.

Reveal hidden contents

2021-05-15 12_01_55-Crusader Kings III.png

After reloading death stress elimination didn't work anymore and nobody was able to get trait. Game also will crash all the time, when I try to mess with death events. It seems that there is something wrong with death events or script interpreter. Other mods that try to fix sibling death problem are also broken and work only sometimes.

Only way to fix this for now is to eliminate stress altogether. Not going to do that in this mod, but I could make a small simple mod for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, benmazalan92 said:

will this mod works with Allfather? I like this mod no child notification spam. But I also like Allfather vassal auto turn into concubine feature.  

Most likely they won't play nice together.

I could make a mini mod to fix child notification problem after I have figured out how to make come to age notification less abusive too.

• 10 months later...