What mods do you use for your sim bodies and why?

Ive been in the process of setting up my game with all the usual adult mods that you can find on here, but this time around the choice of mod to alter the default body is really giving me a hard time(the not fun kind). I used to use better body by hiroki last time i played around with it all and found it to be alright for what i wanted at the time, but now it just feels and looks outdated. So now ive tried EVE and Dumbaby's solutions, and they seem to be alright to my eye, but nothing too noticeable. The area that especially bugs me are the breasts, all the modded bodies seem to give me this weird cone shape, or just literally pillars coming off the sim body.

So my question at the end of all this, what do you use, and what makes it great? I personally want to be able to have big breasts without them being weirdly shaped, and a butt that doesnt look like its made from concrete, im sure its possible with whats out there as ive seen it in various screenshots, just very unsure of how to get that result myself.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for this! My male bods are fine, and work well enough with the skins and overlays I'm playing with.  However in the female bod, applying skins and overlays results in 4 nipples and other alignment issues with the body. So I'm also curious what body recommendations people have. 

16 hours ago, RAWylde said:

Thanks for this! My male bods are fine, and work well enough with the skins and overlays I'm playing with.  However in the female bod, applying skins and overlays results in 4 nipples and other alignment issues with the body. So I'm also curious what body recommendations people have. 

I mostly just use the Wicked Whims body and Wild Guy's Female Body Details for that exact reason, simple and it works without extra nipples.

Note: Wild Guy's must load before WW.

Sopors Allure Tops also seem to work with the above and non-default and they have to be selected in game WW body selector.

Better for sims with smaller sized breasts as they are more pointy whereas the above mentioned are more rounded and natural for med-large breasts.

Add RemusSirion's RS-12-F non-default skin overlay and it adds the final touch plus it adds some nice cleavage.

Has tons of others but this has always been my favorite.

All the above are made pretty much to follow the EA/Maxis Match Barbie Body shape & size so all the EA clothing works properly IMO.

Most cc clothing also follows this standard except for a few.

The main problem many have is using more than one default body or skin installed together at the same time.

Example: Using Better Bodies(only the default top works) AND CMAR.

Still have to use WW body selector but usually need to choose Native and apply to all sims.

20 hours ago, RAWylde said:

Just a quick solution for the 4 nipples issue; get some nipple CC either as tattoos or skin details. They're applied over and hide the existing ones. Since they're standalone, most of them have a ton of swatches for shapes and colors.

I got tired of trying to troubleshoot hundreds upon hundreds of different things, so now I add more things on top of things to hide the bad things until my computer nearly locks up, but I'm still having fun : )

8 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I mostly just use the Wicked Whims body and Wild Guy's Female Body Details for that exact reason, simple and it works without extra nipples.

Note: Wild Guy's must load before WW.

Sopors Allure Tops also seem to work with the above and non-default and they have to be selected in game WW body selector.

Better for sims with smaller sized breasts as they are more pointy whereas the above mentioned are more rounded and natural for med-large breasts.

Add RemusSirion's RS-12-F non-default skin overlay and it adds the final touch plus it adds some nice cleavage.

Has tons of others but this has always been my favorite.

All the above are made pretty much to follow the EA/Maxis Match Barbie Body shape & size so all the EA clothing works properly IMO.

Most cc clothing also follows this standard except for a few.

The main problem many have is using more than one default body or skin installed together at the same time.

Example: Using Better Bodies(only the default top works) AND CMAR.

Still have to use WW body selector but usually need to choose Native and apply to all sims.

Thanks for the tips, ive reverted to the default body simply cause it somehow works the best for what i want breast wise, been looking around for some skins instead, hoping that will give that better look, i tried the one you use and found it a little too realistic in some ways, but it sent me down the rabbit hole that is sims skins, theres so many to try out its crazy.

Im wondering if you happen to know if the extra skin effects from Sopor's Allure can be used without the core of the mod, i really liked the way the shadow layers and such looked

40 minutes ago, Thomas119966 said:

i tried the one you use and found it a little too realistic in some ways, but it sent me down the rabbit hole that is sims skins, theres so many to try out its crazy.

Most of the other skins I've tried either had pronounced ribs or made them look like female bodybuilders, lol.

41 minutes ago, Thomas119966 said:

Im wondering if you happen to know if the extra skin effects from Sopor's Allure can be used without the core of the mod, i really liked the way the shadow layers and such looked

No idea as I've never tried it.

10 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Most of the other skins I've tried either had pronounced ribs or made them look like female bodybuilders, lol.

Haha after looking through a lot of them i know exactly what you mean there, people like their ultra fit sims i guess

I tried using those details only, can recommend! adds some nice shadows and such, making the chest area feel less flat detail wise

I'm using - in this order in my overrides:

Sopor's Allure for the top.

Hiroki's Better Body for the female bottom.

[MB] Default feet 6v

hokusai26's SLIMO body preset

hokusai26's sliders.

I put these in a folder !Overrides that I set to priority 1000 in my Resource.cfg

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 1000
PackedFile !Overrides\*\*\*\*\*.package

I named it !Overrides to make sure it was the first thing in the folder, based on an old guide that claims load priority is alphabetical. So doubling down with both the Priority value and folder sorting has let things 'override' to a result I liked.

Wicked Whims takes over after that with a default skin overlay for males and females.

- That ensures that every randomly made sim has a basic look I can tolerate.

The Default Feet one applies for both genders and all ages and even when Sims have open toed shoes on - so, that was a major find yesterday.

Hiroki's better body... isn't better. But it has modeled female anatomy whereas Wicked Whims just paints a texture there and Hokusai26's new project just puts a 'dent' there...

I have tried multiple times to use the better body male parts, but it always makes the penis solid black, and I've yet to be able to track down the conflict in my textures, so I just left that at the Wicked Whims default...

I've got a million 'nipple tattoo / overlay' mods for females but they're pretty random in quality and you can end up with a nipple for an eyeball with half of them... so I'm getting ready to go through and delete most of them soon.