How to adapt to new lockDevice( ) Function from Devious Devices 5.0

Hi,

I have problems understanding the new changes from equipDevice( ) to lockDevice( ) in Devious Devices 5.1.

I am working on a little mod which should equip a certain Devious Device. I started this mod with DD 4.x and the core functionality worked fine with equipDevice( ).

Now I switched from Skyrim to SSE and ported my mod. Many Devices still work and some not at all. So since I upgraded DD one major version I checked the code and found that equipDevice( ) is now deprecated and the code is replaced:

Function EquipDevice(actor akActor, armor deviceInventory, armor deviceRendered, keyword zad_DeviousDevice, bool skipEvents=false, bool skipMutex=false)			
	LockDevice(akActor, deviceInventory)
EndFunction

Now I understand partly whats happening here. The code is replaced and the LockDevice( ) function is called with less parameters. But how do I pass my keywords now?

There are certain devices I really dont like and would like to avoid, but if I only call a certain device like "zlibs.zad_DeviousPlugVaginal" for "deviceInventory" it would return all Devices of that kind, correct?

I would be really thankful if someone could point me to a good tutorial or more in depth info.

DeviceInventory is of type Armor. You shouldn't be able to compile your script in the first place if you try to pass a keyword to it. If you want a random device use the formlists given in the DD esp. If they contain some devices you don't like make a copy of the formlist and delete all the ones you don't like, so you have a custom formlist.

@Skitskurr

Thank you very much for the help. Indeed I messed that up. You are right, I call "GetDeviceByTags( )" in between to get an armor for a specific tag, not keyword as i wrongly wrote.

Because I want to ignore all those iron devices and other devices that are a bit too extreme for my taste. Gonna check again if I find the spot where my script fails to add some devices. I guess since the LockDevice( ) function works for some devices, I get no armor for my called tags.

One question regarding the formlist. I loaded all Devious Device esm and esp files from DD 5.1 and only found this one:

formlistsample.PNG.0cf32273483c29c46b3d6c72d0161974.PNG

Are you refering to this one?

Then I could edit this formlist and avoid specific keyword right from the start right?

3 hours ago, 03368020 said:

One question regarding the formlist. I loaded all Devious Device esm and esp files from DD 5.1 and only found this one:

I've just skipped through the zadLibs documentation and read a comment that you should now use formlists for random picks. I wrongly assumed DD would already come with preset formlists. Apparently it doesn't. So you'll have to create your own formlist for all the devices you want to be eligible for the random pick.