• 4 weeks later...

so i use mo2 and my skyrimvr.ini didnt have the [VRUI] header or the values i had to change.  i added just the 2 lines and ran it and this failed to produce any result, but if i added the [VRUI] header just liek the other headers directly above the 2 values, this resulted in the loading screens working just fine.

Next question:  Is there a way i can make the loading screens last longer without replacing my ssd with a slow hdd?  i get maybe 5-6 seconds when first starting the game up and maybe 1-2 seconds when loading or swapping zones or whatever.  would be nice to be able to get a good long gander at the story.  its illegible with load times this short. 

edit: yes i did infact use Mo2's ini editor feature, not the files in the physical location. 

Edited by mzaoral
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, Pyreite said:

I take it no non-VR versions?

There is actually another user who is taking some initiative and working on one.  I haven't confirmed if they want their name out in public or not.  I was planning on doing something similar but only after completing all the stories, which is probably a year or so out.  I have given the blessing and advice.  We shall see what comes of it. 

Here is a teaser:SCARS-6d.jpg.364ceb5b7f789cb4739305b9b246c48b.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, Pyreite said:

Are all the images viewable outside of the game?

You would need Cathedral Asset Optimizer to unpack the mod's BSA files. The images would then be .dds format (specific for skyrim textures) .  Note that they are also scaled funny for regular monitor view.  They are textures that are meant to be stretched to fit a mesh shape, 16X9 in this case.  So the proportions will be off for regular viewing.  You can see what is available if you DL the mod and look in the textures folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked through the extracted loading screen images but I didn't see the ones used SCARS banner. Am I blind or were they/some of them not included? Maybe I'm blind/misremembering (There are like 155 x 3 ish) but the ones I'm sure I don't remember seeing are the ones in the banner's S, C, and second S.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, Pyreite said:

I looked through the extracted loading screen images but I didn't see the ones used SCARS banner. Am I blind or were they/some of them not included? Maybe I'm blind/misremembering (There are like 155 x 3 ish) but the ones I'm sure I don't remember seeing are the ones in the banner's S, C, and second S.

You would be mostly correct.  I am not done including all the images yet, and the images in the title are mostly reserved.  I plan on doing an intro mesh to replace the beth logo.  It will be like the mod logo except in VR.  The letters will be cut out meshes with the image behind them.  Like a shadow box of sorts.

Is there a reason in particular that you want those images?

• 2 months later...

I have 2 Problems 

1. I have no idea what "eyes" is. I tried to look it up on both nexus and LL as "eyes" and "E.Y.E.S." and got nothing. If someone could point me in the correct direction of it that would be great.

2. My SkyrimVR.ini file only has 5 lines of text in it. I use Vortex and don't know if it works the same way as mo2 or not. These are the 5 lines it contains.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
[General]
SLocalSavePath=Saves\

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 8:38 AM, sur_punchwood said:

2. My SkyrimVR.ini file only has 5 lines of text in it. I use Vortex and don't know if it works the same way as mo2 or not. These are the 5 lines it contains.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
[General]
SLocalSavePath=Saves\

I have the same Issue. I tried to put the line in this INI, but the Pictures are still very small.

Has anybody an Idea which INI has to be changed for Vortex User?

###Solved. Used Skyrim VR Config Tool to fixB it.

Edited by Bernd07
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...