Can I run ENBs and Hi-Res Textures?

Hi all, it's been a long time since I haven't modded Skyrim. The last time I tried to do so was with my old laptop sporting a 1050 and I could only use "low level" reshades at most (which tbf, they were still good looking). Now I've just finished my brand new rig and was wondering how much I can push Skyrim. Can I seamlessly run ENBs and 2K-4K textures now and still maintain 60 FPS+? If so, what ENBs would you recommend me?

Thanks!

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

• CPU -> AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz

• Board -> MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus

• RAM -> Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 2x16GB CL16

• Drive -> Kingston A2000 M.2 1TB PCI Express 3.0 NVMe (x2)

• GPU -> Zotac Nivida GeForce RTX 3070

• Screen -> Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q 28" LED IPS UltraHD 4K HDR FreeSync

I'm not an expert on Skyrim and performance, but that's a pretty nice rig. I have a 1080ti and an R5 1600 and can run a pretty gorgeous looking game with obsidian weathers, a handful of 2k textures, and with Rudy ENB, which I've used for years on LE. I float between 40 and 60 fps with heavy foliage mods depending on the area, but with your more capable rig I think you can achieve what you're looking for. You might want to download 1k textures for "less important" assets to save some performance where you can. I run the game on a 3440x1440 UW monitor, which is quite a few pixels less than 4k, so you will have to account for that. Hopefully some more knowledgeable people can share their two cents as well.

I'm using a 1060sc (6G) on my desktop (i7 9700K @ 3.6GHz, w/ 64G primary ram) in ultra mode. I can't confirm the FPS I run at (frankly I'm not even sure how to measure it...tried using the steam widget but it doesn't show up), but I use quite a few 2k and 4K textures and and only rarely experience any stuttering. Usually I can pin that behavior to script lag more than anything else. fwiw...

As for which ENB.... I don't know which is best or which is the one you'll love or hate. They're all different. eye of the beholder.

35 minutes ago, Sir Cumsalot said:

I run the game on a 3440x1440 UW monitor, which is quite a few pixels less than 4k, so you will have to account for that. Hopefully some more knowledgeable people can share their two cents as well.

I've heard that running resolutions higher than 1080 can result in severe performance hits, even with high-end rigs (RTX 2080, series 3X...). Is that true for your case? Because frankly I'd like to play at 4K, that's what my monitor is for after all.

28 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

As for which ENB.... I don't know which is best or which is the one you'll love or hate. They're all different. eye of the beholder.

Oh I'm not really asking for objective "best" choices, just some personal favourites I could consider. The more choices, the better :)

On 3/3/2021 at 7:29 PM, anjenthedog said:

I'm using a 1060sc (6G) on my desktop (i7 9700K @ 3.6GHz, w/ 64G primary ram) in ultra mode. I can't confirm the FPS I run at (frankly I'm not even sure how to measure it...tried using the steam widget but it doesn't show up), but I use quite a few 2k and 4K textures and and only rarely experience any stuttering. Usually I can pin that behavior to script lag more than anything else. fwiw...

I know it's not this thread question but figure I could help.

it's in the in game overlay menu

Spoiler

111123132.jpg

4 hours ago, mouton18 said:

I know it's not this thread question but figure I could help.

it's in the in game overlay menu

Thanks. I tried that but no values ever appeared.  Do you have to have Steam in online mode? I play in offline mode, but might try it in online mode at least long enough to determine what mine is, if that's the case.