well, for starters the files on 4shared don't have the resources for pretty things, so if your running it then you would need to download the cwprettythings archive on the main page, and get its meshes and textures.

well, for starters the files on 4shared don't have the resources for pretty things, so if your running it then you would need to download the cwprettythings archive on the main page, and get its meshes and textures.

Aah I see, I thought the 4shared links had everything bundled into them. Stupid misunderstanding on my part, doh!

Guest carywinton

can someone point me in the direction of the fo3 version? >> i tried to convert the files myself but it said they can't be edited...

you would have to check the website this stuff came off of, http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-1919537-1-1.html, theres an older version of cw clothes for it i know of, but not sure if there's a dolls/npc overhaul for fallout 3, you'll have to do that digging yourself.

Yep I have done the digging, weeks worth of it and the FO3 version just does not seem to be available anymore. CWJohnny does mention something about taking version 1.32 and changing the *esm to point to Fallout 3 instead of Fallout NV. I am using translate with Bing, so I am not getting the best results, but it's enough to gleam some idea of what is going on.

@Bashis : Excellent job on all of this, really good work.

@Segosky: Excellent job on zipping and storing of this work, I was amazed the files were still there. I sent you a message on 4Shared, thanking you and letting you know about my data storage capabilities on my rack systems.

Update: I have found this version of CWDolls and thought it might be for FO3, CWDollsV1_32Independent, CWDollsV1_321+Main and CWDollsV1_321Addon, but this version is also for FNV not FO3. In any event I am going to see if changing the esm to look for FO3 instead FNV will work. I am also working on my FTP Server to set up an account for "LL" members only, not quite sure how I am going to do that and not have it go beyond this community, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest carywinton

Alright, since this mod doesn't affect named Npc's, and i think that sucks, but I don't have the creativity to design them, i'm gonna do it this way:

1.download the screenshot pack

2.pick a named npc

3.pick an outfit, the names are the names of the screenshots (preferably a whole outfit not a bunch of scraps, as they might not equip all the scraps)

4. pick a race/hair/facegen data

5. post it here and you'll get your npc in game

Rules:

if you don't want to/cant make a decent looking npc but still want an outfit put on one, that's fine, steps 3 and 4 are a one or both, not gonna make you design an npc to get an outfit on one.

first come first server basis, once an npc has both a face and outfit, there gonna be locked in, not gonna change sunny every time someone wants her different. ill keep a record of altered npcs in the 3rd post.

and lastly, i will not change an npc that isn't already a child into a child race, because of the nature of this website, nor will i put any skimpy outfits on existing children.

that's it.

this way the named npcs can get their overhaul over time and people can get their own hand made npcs in game, sort of community thing.

i can check the comments and when i get a few npc requests made up i can upload a new version of the cwprettythings.esp

I have now downloaded every single piece of content on CWJohnny's page, yes it took a very long time and more patience than I thought I had.

Here are some plug in files that change a few of the names NPCs around the Mojave. There are two BSA files that are needed with Doctor Usanagi and Cass, I will upload those to 4shared, I was not able to upload them here, I was presented with an error dealing with permissions.

4Shared links for BSA files

http://www.4shared.com/file/Nldt78ov/CWPrettyThings_-_DoctorUsanagi.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/BCYrVOos/CWPrettyThingsCEZ_-_Cass.html

CWPrettyThings+-+DoctorUsanagi.esp

CWPrettyThings+-+Sunny.esp

CWPrettyThingsCEZ+-+Cass.esp

CWPrettyThingsCEZ+-+Vernonica.esp

I noticed that this one on the Nexus uses the Asuka armors:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44662

Is this from the same source? I have this file and the race/clothes/armor/weapons it has, and they're basically the same as the screenshot pack suggests. If so, then maybe if you want just the stuff it has without the NPC stuff or such, then that's a viable mod?

P.S: some files like the glasses and other items made for Shoujo Races doesn't seem to be in the Nexus one, though - at least not that I could find...

Guest carywinton

I noticed that this one on the Nexus uses the Asuka armors:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44662

Is this from the same source? I have this file and the race/clothes/armor/weapons it has, and they're basically the same as the screenshot pack suggests. If so, then maybe if you want just the stuff it has without the NPC stuff or such, then that's a viable mod?

P.S: some files like the glasses and other items made for Shoujo Races doesn't seem to be in the Nexus one, though - at least not that I could find...

Yeah it does work with CWDolls, it is even mentioned on the OP page by CWJohnny, and it can be installed on it's own, I have used it by itself before with no problems. You would need to install some of the other resources for Shojo , which are also mentioned on CWJohnny's page,  if that is what you are looking to do. You would need this mod for the Shojo Race, also mentioned on CWJohnnys OP page. I have used the Shojo Mod in both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV and they work well, in Fallout 3 they use SCC (Sharing and Caring Companions) for NPC control and commands, which works ok, but I would have preferred EZ Companion for it instead, it has much better features and the NPC's do not seem to just walk off and disappear as they do in SCC.

http://newvegas.nexu...om/mods/35097//?

The requirements for Shojo Race Mod are all included in the CWDolls Mod. So you could either install the Dolls House and Shojo Mod with it's requirements or install CWDolls , Shojo and Doll House. I plan on trying the CWDolls, Shojo and Doll House first to see how that all works out, then if things go well there I may try the un-named and named NPC portions of the mod I posted earlier in this thread.

Fallout 3 Port Update: I have successfully backwards ported CWDolls and CWCloths, I can now load up all the assets for both a create my own NPCs from them. I will be trying to put together some instructions using what CWJohnny mentions on his OP , plus what things I had to do to get it all working with EZ Companion and it's add-ons. Now Gilgamesh Tavern looks like an anime gamers place of who's who in gaming characters, lol

CWDolls_Jiao1.jpg

CWDolls_Jiao_and_Meili.jpg

A big thank you and kudos goes out from me to Bashis for his great work on preparing these mods for "English" consumption and of cours to the great work of CWJohnny and his group of students of which I think I am one now. :cool:

err.... sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but...

• all the cwclothes files are being downloaded as 0 byte files;
  • CWDolls and most of it has this problem too;

The good news:

• CWPrettythings is ok;
  • Esp Pack is ok;
  • EZCompanionVenders is ok;
  • Screenshot Pack is ok;

The Mega Links are not working.   4Shared Link thanks to Segosky: http://www.4shared.c.../CW_online.html

is working with 2 downloads.  CW_esm_esp.7z  1901 kb  and CWdolls+clothes_2_4_Full.7z  2035960 kb or 1.94 GB containing a small sounds folder and 83 BSA archives, among them Lings Finer Things from Fallout 3 which is a store in Ten Penny Tower. 

I was only wanting to use CWPrettythings, so my question is which BSAs do I need, or how do I determine which ones I would need? 

Guest carywinton

err.... sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but...

• all the cwclothes files are being downloaded as 0 byte files;
  • CWDolls and most of it has this problem too;

The good news:

• CWPrettythings is ok;
  • Esp Pack is ok;
  • EZCompanionVenders is ok;
  • Screenshot Pack is ok;

The Mega Links are not working.   4Shared Link thanks to Segosky: http://www.4shared.c.../CW_online.html

is working with 2 downloads.  CW_esm_esp.7z  1901 kb  and CWdolls+clothes_2_4_Full.7z  2035960 kb or 1.94 GB containing a small sounds folder and 83 BSA archives, among them Lings Finer Things from Fallout 3 which is a store in Ten Penny Tower. 

I was only wanting to use CWPrettythings, so my question is which BSAs do I need, or how do I determine which ones I would need? 

In order to have CWPrettyThings work you must have all the assets it needs installed first. I will attempt to provide some assistance to you and your question with what steps I believe are necessary to get it working.

First: CWDolls and CWClothes must be installed and working.

Second: install Lings Coiffure v4-4a full fomod-8942, Found on the Nexus here : http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/8942/?

Just the meshes and textures files from this mod are needed, so copy and paste them into your Fallout New Vegas Data directory. There is also a version called Lings_Vegas which will install all the proper assets and such which can be found here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lings-coiffure-nv/downloads/lings-coiffure-nv-v42

Third: CWPrettyThings, Keep this at or near the bottom of your load order.

Please keep in mind I am translating the steps listed on the developers OP "CWJohnny" 

found here : http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-1919537-1-1.html

I also used TESsnip to show the master files CWPrettyThings.esp looks for, and this is what it showed FalloutNV.esm, CWDolls.esm, CWClothes.esm and CWClothesNVFix.esp. So I am not certain if Lings meshes and textures are even needed, but it can't hurt to have them there.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards...

Guest carywinton

Been playing for a bit now, and I've noticed some of the unnamed NPC's have missing voices. Specifically I was working on Primm's quests when I went to the NCRCF. All the female Powder Gangers there seem to have no voices when you talk to them.

That's interesting, I have not installed this yet, been playing around with it trying to fully backward port it for Fallout 3, it sounds to me like either the voice sets were not assigned to the NPC's or they are missing. Make sure you have all the same stuff from the mod in your sound file. I would just right click the file in Windows explorer and compare it's size with the one from the install directory, unless you run other mods that have added to the sound directory, then you will have to compare files. I reviewed the sound files in the installation folder and there are no voice files for Adult Female/Male, so I am thinking that a generic one was assigned. If this is the case then in the porting process, it did not transfer this information, or the files needed are in Fallout 3 and were not package with it. I am sure Bashis will take a look and see what is going on, in the mean time I will open the CWDolls in GECK NV and have a look at the NPCs or CGPresets and verify a voice set was assigned and where it should be.

I hope this helps.

Update Edit: I just checked in GECK NV and TESsnip the voice sets being used are VoiceDoNotRecordF and probably the same for male but VoiceDoNotRecordM.

I believe this is just a default that points to the FemaleAdult02 , which does exist in both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. I am not certain as to what this voice type is exactly, I see it used on creatures and characters that have a custom set of voice files, but other than that I do not know and could not find anything on it with the usual Internet searches.

Been playing for a bit now, and I've noticed some of the unnamed NPC's have missing voices. Specifically I was working on Primm's quests when I went to the NCRCF. All the female Powder Gangers there seem to have no voices when you talk to them.

That's interesting, I have not installed this yet, been playing around with it trying to fully backward port it for Fallout 3, it sounds to me like either the voice sets were not assigned to the NPC's or they are missing. Make sure you have all the same stuff from the mod in your sound file. I would just right click the file in Windows explorer and compare it's size with the one from the install directory, unless you run other mods that have added to the sound directory, then you will have to compare files. I reviewed the sound files in the installation folder and there are no voice files for Adult Female/Male, so I am thinking that a generic one was assigned. If this is the case then in the porting process, it did not transfer this information, or the files needed are in Fallout 3 and were not package with it. I am sure Bashis will take a look and see what is going on, in the mean time I will open the CWDolls in GECK NV and have a look at the NPCs or CGPresets and verify a voice set was assigned and where it should be.

I hope this helps.

Update Edit: I just checked in GECK NV and TESsnip the voice sets being used are VoiceDoNotRecordF and probably the same for male but VoiceDoNotRecordM.

I believe this is just a default that points to the FemaleAdult02 , which does exist in both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. I am not certain as to what this voice type is exactly, I see it used on creatures and characters that have a custom set of voice files, but other than that I do not know and could not find anything on it with the usual Internet searches.

It would certainly make sense that there may be missing voice files, as in from the actual game itself, not the mod. Now that I think about it, I don't recall if their were actually any female Powder Gangers in vanilla NV, so maybe there just aren't any recorded lines for that voice set's females. If that's the case, they should at least be set to a generic voice set so that they aren't completely mute.

This is especially evident if you have the General Subtitles enabled. You can activate them, and the subtitles will display a corresponding quote from the voice set, but they will not speak.

the ones without voices are generally male characters that were made female by this mod, so if you talk to generic npcs some will be silent, but this doesn't affect anyone important because named npcs don't get changed.

Guest carywinton

I had forgotten about that little detail Bashis, that he changed some of the vanilla characters to female, so that makes sense there would be no voice files for them. I ran into this little odd problem when trying to work with this mod and have tried very diligently to find an answer for it, but not much information seems to be available on the various errors that can be kicked out by either the Geck or FO3Edit, I am just guessing here but these errors are probably coming from the Gamebryo (middleware) engine itself. Yes this is only relevant to my crazy antics with porting this to FO3, I guess if FNV had a "Goodie Two Shoes" path of game play I would just drop the idea, but it really doesn't, even siding with the NCR, still has "tasks" I do not care for.

Am I better off just creating a blank *.esp and *.esm and transferring the information from the NV version to it? Or just renaming using TESsnip and trying to manually go through and change any references to FNV?

Specifically when I open CWClothes in TESsnip the DNAM record must be less than or equal to 4 based on the error I get and it is 12. I also see odd characters in the String field, like this "¸", I guess this is left over from the original version and just could not be properly translated in the "Engish-ify" process? Please keep in mind I am trying to learn all this and be somewhat helpful.

i really dont do to much converting between games except simple armors/weapons, but my suggestion would almost have to be to take cw dolls and clothes and convert them to fallout 3 via altering/removing any new vegas references since there just used as rescources mostly, and dont really do anything with the gameworld itself, then create a brand new .esp that has the fallout 3 npc catalog in it using fallout edit and change their races/faces manually if your wanting the npc replacing part.

keep in mind that cwdolls and clothes dont have any scripts or anything that would require much to convert over, so once you remove any cell/worldspace/npc or any other loose new vegas references, converting it should be as simple as booting  it up alongside with both fallout esm files in nvedit and changing its master. A good thing to remember for very simple swaps from fallout 3 to new vegas, nvedit allows you to booth up both fallout3.esm and newvegas.esm, so you can swap masters and look at anything that may need transferring all side by side pretty easily.

Guest carywinton

Thanks Bashis, I had not considered using FNVEdit instead of FO3Edit, which may be exactly where some of my difficulties are coming from. I have seen in all this wonderful work done in CWCloths a large portion of the meshes and textures are missing, I am not sure if this is due to directories and paths that just do not exist or what, one in particular I noticed was LadyElegantOutfit it was looking for the mesh to be found in moon shadow/cloths which does not exist at all. Even after downloading just about everything available on the OP and extracting the BSAs there was no such directory or path.

CWDolls worked out pretty well through out, I had no difficulties getting all the races and such to work, mesh and texture paths there seem to be fine and consistent.

Edit Update: Through some creative Internet searching, gee I might actually be getting better, I found out that CWCloths had a version 1.3 and so on, this was the original version made for Fallout 3, unfortunately it seems to have all but vanished. I noticed CWJohnny has an account on here so I PM'ed him, I tried to get an account on 3dm and everything seemed to work through the creation process, but it refuses to let me log in. In the mean time, I am going to try and learn how to just take the meshes and textures from the outfits I like the most and make a small clothing mod with them for testing and personal satisfaction. I have run into one thing I do not understand, how to get the texture directories in NifSkope , NiTriStrips, BSShader, TextureSet to merely point to or say textures\folder*\*.dds file. Mine always seem to insist on the entire directory, like steam\steamapps\data\etc.\etc.

Update Edit: I have discovered the texture and meshes paths , it's when it is made a BSA.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I had a little time to look into the clothings of this mod. A lot of them look realy great.

But the school-uniforms seem to be exactly the same as those from "backsteppo" here:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/6219/?tab=4&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D6219%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D121815&pUp=1

and :

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42906/?tab=1&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D42906%26preview%3D&pUp=1

so I ask myself who created them backsteppo or cwjonny.

But much more then this I would be interessted in gettig the permission to include some of the outfits into my sexout-mod ( http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15824-sexout-mojaveschoolgirls/ )

So bashis (and/or carywinton), have you allready contacted with cwjonny? And can you tell me how to contact him?

not sure how to contact him, but the mod page said if you want to use the stuff just give em credit on your mod for the stuff, so i would assume your safe to use it just put that he created the clothing originals in the description somewhere

Guest carywinton

Backsteppo has been MIA for quite a while, no one can seem to find or contact him. CWJonny can be contacted through his account on here, but his responses may be slow, he is a busy dude. I believe he is from Taiwan but I am not sure, his OP is in Chinese, I believe it is a variation of Traditional Chinese, but using Traditional Chinese to English translation (machine translation) as a basis seems to get the majority of what is said. As Bashis stated, with both developers / modders and as a good general rule, as long as all attempts have been made to contact them and were not successfully, listing credit for their work should be good enough.

Hey, thanks for the hard work!

I'm browsing CWjohnny's thread, and came across CWBomberSquad. Naively I installed it, and the game fails to load the main menu.

Looking at the thread more closely, it would seem that both CWDolls and CWClothes have been updated, and that CWBomberSquad might require the latest version.

Any suggestions for a workaround?

Hey, thanks for the hard work!

I'm browsing CWjohnny's thread, and came across CWBomberSquad. Naively I installed it, and the game fails to load the main menu.

Looking at the thread more closely, it would seem that both CWDolls and CWClothes have been updated, and that CWBomberSquad might require the latest version.

Any suggestions for a workaround?

grab the latest versions of the mods from his thread? i cant imagine them not being there.

Guest carywinton

Can anyone tell me if these errors are a problem? If they are how do I fix them? I am also getting this error in almost every Armor heading listed below in the DNAM records, It looks like some of the values did not translate well from the different language versions of the GECK. I am pretty sure I will need to fix these, I just do not know how.

FORMS: Chunk size 12 too big in chunk DNAM_ID in form ARMO_ID (01000814).
Max size is 4, data truncated to "Ä ".

http://www.4shared.com/office/fYbASAAV/CWDolls_ARMO_DNAM_errors.html

http://www.4shared.com/download/q9wxiSzg/GECK_DNAM_CWCloths_error.jpg?tsid=20131017-205459-8bbd1366

i have been trying to download the updated cw dolls file and it keeps downloading corrupt from the original thread and cannot open with both winrar and .7zip .and the 2.4  version you posted shows up with missing files missing meshes and texture errors (red execlaation/ purple text)

I can download the updated clothing cw files and .esm for cwdolls but not the files

Guest carywinton

i have been trying to download the updated cw dolls file and it keeps downloading corrupt from the original thread and cannot open with both winrar and .7zip .and the 2.4  version you posted shows up with missing files missing meshes and texture errors (red execlaation/ purple text)

I can download the updated clothing cw files and .esm for cwdolls but not the files

As far as I know and see on the OP, CWDolls has stayed at version 1.33, CWCloths is at version 2.52 . What files are you needing? I may try to upload them somewhere else, but it's a huge list of very large file sizes.