how can I import *.nif files into blender

Hello,

I would like to edit a Fallout 4 mesh with Blender 2.92. I installed the Add-on "Import-Export: NetImmerse/Gamebryo format support", which should allow me to import nif files. But as soon as I try to, I get a Python error message.

In some threads I red that I have to "prepare" the nif file to be able to import it in blender, but I didn`t found any suitable information how I can do that.

If anyone knows how to do this or has a source of a manual for me I would be grateful for your help.

thank you in advance for your efforts.

7 hours ago, grocipher said:

Hello,

I would like to edit a Fallout 4 mesh with Blender 2.92. I installed the Add-on "Import-Export: NetImmerse/Gamebryo format support", which should allow me to import nif files. But as soon as I try to, I get a Python error message.

In some threads I red that I have to "prepare" the nif file to be able to import it in blender, but I didn`t found any suitable information how I can do that.

If anyone knows how to do this or has a source of a manual for me I would be grateful for your help.

I've been trying to get Niftools & Blender to work together myself. Tried for years to get it to work. I guess I just have bad luck.

:bawling:

12 hours ago, grocipher said:

Hello,

You can export to .obj from bodyslide

8 hours ago, VonHelton said:

I've been trying to get Niftools & Blender to work together myself. Tried for years to get it to work. I guess I just have bad luck.

:bawling:

Yeah, it seems to be a long road until you get something together what you can call a mod ?