Extremely Long Loading Time

Saber2th

I recently upgraded everything, SexoutNG, SCR, Slavery, and Pregnancy to try out the new episodes from Breeder. After a while I noticed the loading time for quick load and normal save loading have significantly increased, sometimes even up to 10 minutes. This loading time problem only occurs after I started playing, so the load from menu when the game  started up was completely fine. Here's my load order, any help would be appreciated.

[spoiler=Load Order]FalloutNV.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
HonestHearts.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
oHUD.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
SexoutStore.esm
msexBase.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
SexoutBrutalRapers.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutKhans.esp
SexoutKings.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutPowderGangers.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutBreeder.esp
SexoutLust.esp
SexoutLust - oHUD.esp
Tryout-PG Kennel.esp
Tryout-Kennel Pregnancy.esp
SexoutCompanions.esp
SexoutResolutions.esp
SexoutClothingEval.esp
SexoutRapist.esp
SexoutFleshedOut.esp
SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
SexoutRex.esp
SexoutDiscounts.esp
SexoutHowAbout.esp
SexoutDrugs.esp
SexoutAssassin.esp
msexFort.esp
msexCourtesan.esp
SexoutConsequences.esp
SexoutSS_C.esp
msexVeronica.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp

Total active plugins: 72
Total plugins: 73

Guest user29

It takes a while, but I always eventually can root out whatever the problem is by disabling mods until I find the one that's causing it.

So after a few days of tinkering with FOMM and FNVEdit, the problem still exists when I uninstalled every mod except sexoutNG, SCR, Slavery, Legion, SexoutPowderGangers and TryoutPGKennel. I couldn't try uninstall anymore because every time I unchecked the damn TryoutPGKennel, the game just crashes when I load the save. I searched around the internet and some people say that the bigger the save file is, the save might take longer to load, I did a clean save and the file was still 10mb. Don't really know what to do anymore...

There are some unresolved problems concerning slavery and some of the tryout mods. A couple of months back, I did a female PC walkthorugh and the game just grinded to a halt at certain points. It didn't crash, the framerate was stable, but it had one second microstutters (game was basically running in stop-motion) and prolonged loading times, like you've described. The only way I could fix that, was by removing the tryouts and slavery mods. I know that this isn't happening for all people, but that was the only way, how I could play the game again. And I did do the brute force method of activating mods one at a time to determine the cause for that. My guess is, that some sort of script is collecting data in lists and isn't clearing them out, once it doesn't need them anymore, which leads to microstutter and bloated savefiles. 

There are some unresolved problems concerning slavery and some of the tryout mods. A couple of months back, I did a female PC walkthorugh and the game just grinded to a halt at certain points. It didn't crash, the framerate was stable, but it had one second microstutters (game was basically running in stop-motion) and prolonged loading times, like you've described. The only way I could fix that, was by removing the tryouts and slavery mods. I know that this isn't happening for all people, but that was the only way, how I could play the game again. And I did do the brute force method of activating mods one at a time to determine the cause for that. My guess is, that some sort of script is collecting data in lists and isn't clearing them out, once it doesn't need them anymore, which leads to microstutter and bloated savefiles. 

TryoutPGKennel is preventing me from disabling slavery and the main tryout mods. Do you know a way to remove tryoutPGKennel without crashing my save? I'm really far in the game, I don't really want to restart everything.

Have you tried rolling back to a different save? There might be a chance that your particular save is corrupted, which can even happen without any mods. Some speculated reasons for this are overwriting the same save files, using auto- and quicksave, as well as using the continue button. The problem with corrupt saves is, that it can "spread" to subsequent saves, once it happened.

As an alternative to quicksave/load, I strongly recommend using CASM (search it on the Nexus). It creates new "hard" saves in an intervall and is less prone to corruption.

And just a reminder, if you remove tryoutlegion you have to remove sexoutfiends,-khans,-kings and -NCR and everything that has tryout or kennel in it as well. It might be worthwile to check, if you can save your game without any sexout mods and put them in there again one by one.

Project Nevada and WMX have a compatibility patch, which I couldn't find in your load order(nevermind, found it :D ).  Using those two together requires a merged patch as well. It might work without it, but it won't work like intended.

I hope this helps, I know your situation (albeit with different mods), so I know how much it sucks to have to go through all this shit.

Get BOSS, your load order is awful.

Note also that you may have to start a new game after fixing your load order.  FOMM lets you export the load order from your save file, if you find this troubling and did not backup your load order before you changed it.

Wrye bash has some features fix saves so they work with load order changes, but they can only deal with certain kinds of issues.  But you might want to try bash, if you want to keep using your saves even after you've changed your load order.

Thanks for all the replies but I gave up on trying to fix my save. I already reinstalled everything (again) and started a new game, so that I could remove that damn tryout kennel. So far no problems at all but I'll see if the problem will pop up again as the game progresses.

Archived