NRAAS Conflicts

Are there any known NRAAS conflicts with Kinkyworld? I'm running KW 405. I'm getting too many toon "unroutable" resets which is pretty frustrating. I'm running the game with the following NRAAS plugins; Dresser, MC, MC Cheats, OnceRead, Overwatch, Sleep Freedom, and Story Progression

1 hour ago, erinc7214 said:

NRAAS conflicts with Kinkyworld?

Actually the other way around, as KW creates conflicts with Nraas mods that were around for years before KW. Check the first page of the download here. But as you have 405, who knows how many more Nraas mods Oniki stepped on since the last public release and her notes from May 2019.

Disable the automatic resets from Overwatch, but keep the notifications. That way you can check if a sim is really stuck before resetting them (Nraas Overwatch considers sims who are waiting to do a kinky action 'stuck' - which I understand, because some kinky interactions don't cancel themselves even if the target sim is unavailable...) 

For the rest: the Storyprogression Career module conflicts with the high school. Some interactions seem to conflict with Woohooer. 

And this is stated on the download page:

Incompatibility:
+NRaas Overwatch: Disable Clean up Outfits. This process automaticaly removes extra (> 3) career outfits that may be used by my mod. Disable Stuck Check Auto-Reset. This process detects lots of False Positive (a teen doing is homework is not stuck neither her grandma sleeping in her bed, so don't reset it!) that just break your interactions not only kinky ones.
+NRaas ErrorTrap: Install the DisableDereferencing package if you want to keep this mod (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Tuning).
+NRaas ShooLess: Not required with KW and may cause conflicts.
2 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

In addition to the above I also wouldn't use:

Nraas Dresser as it can and will mess with outfits

Nraas Sleep Freedom as KW already has that function.

I use dresser but did remove sleep freedom. I use dresser religiously and don't worry about the KW uniforms or outfits - when KW creates one, I customize it anyways*. The Dresser options such as remove all accessories/body hair is a godsend in my eyes.

*The school uniform seems to be kept somewhere I can't access 'per sim', so if I change a hairstyle for example - the old hair is worn when that sim changes into the school uniform. BAH! Plus I never went to Catholic school and am not Japanese.... I can live without that feature.

4 hours ago, BulleCore said:

Hi, I think it's possible that story progression isn't compatible, because KW contains one yet... But I'm not an expert, I just use KW without story progression and it works great. (Not perfectly, but great)

I use NRaas Story Progression as well - I don't use any of the tuning mods. With SP I can tweak the caste system which is a bit daunting at first, but like any program, one can get used to the menu options. Since I play with aging off - NRaas SP is the best way I've found to control NO PREGNANCY - and the romantic interactions between the age groups. Controlling how teens/Young adults/adults/elders flirt with each other was another way I use SP. Because Sp settings are saved per save game - one can have different save series 'acting different ways'. One save series can be more straight forward, while another can be more 'wild'. I do have one save series which does require aging on - so that one does have pregnancy on. It's a tool box in which one doesn't need to use every tool.

I also have SP set to run at a 'snails pace' since I also use NRaas Relativity (set at 9) to slow the game down some. Relativity has it own issues that I overlook (like skill progression and the timing of animations/events introduced with Showtime careers).

In my Brooklyn Heights saves, I have only played that game less than 2 weeks Sims time, and a few household have moved and/or gotten married on their own already.

7 hours ago, BulleCore said:

story progression isn't compatible

I've never had a problem (that I'm aware of) with KW and Nraas SP. As is often discussed, settings may or may not have something to do with my results... But, I use it and several SP add on modules.

Note: As to what MaryJane said regarding the high school, I don't know. I tried the high school briefly, but using it caused another conflict with something I want in my game much more, so I turned it off and don't bother with it. 

6 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Disable Stuck Check Auto-Reset

This kind of was touched on in the KW thread a few months ago. I believe it was @merkle who said that in Overwatch, you can turn on "logging" which displays a sub menu for reset tries and time. Those settings can be adjusted. Then, turn off "logging" so you don't get all the unwanted notices. I have played with this, and it seems to work, and will reset inactive sims eventually, but YOU can say how many tries and how long the game will wait. 

6 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

Nraas Dresser as it can and will mess with outfits

For me another love/ hate! I find that dresser seems to ignore the "not valid for random" settings some times. And, it can make some of the worst outfit combination imaginable! But, it does allow my sims to have more than 3 outfits per category, and it does allow for quick fixes to NPC sim outfits and hair with "reroll". And again, I really don't use the KW options that use uniforms. There are settings, but not sure how much they would or wouldn't still cause issues with KW.

One thing I have found is that KW dresses sims better than Dresser (in general). I recently started a new game to try a few things in Cronor, which is unpopulated, and used the click city hall KW populate world option. Many (easily more than half) of the newly generated sims use sliders and aren't pudding faces, but not too radical, and very few need clothing adjustments. Many females are even wearing JoshQ shoes and my dresses! )))

3 hours ago, landess said:

*The school uniform seems to be kept somewhere I can't access 'per sim'

Hmmm... not found in Nraas MC> Basic> Outfits under special? Or career? I have never seen a KW package with uniforms in it???????

3 hours ago, landess said:

Sp settings are saved per save game

BUT, can easily be exported and imported to a new game. I find KW only imports your last saved settings to a new game, and that if you wish to make changes, you must then change every other world in that save AND every save, as the setting say they export, but when you try to import you get a fail message. (((

7 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Hmmm... not found in Nraas MC> Basic> Outfits under special? Or career? I have never seen a KW package with uniforms in it???????

Nope. KW has the option to set outfits, and when selecting a teen using a save with the KW high school, will get an option to set that genders school uniform. NRaas has no way to recognize this new file KW creates, so wouldn't ever appear in the MC options. We're aware mentioning KW to someone at NRaas causes furled brows. The main point I bring up is unlike any other outfit like everyday, etc. - any changes made to that sim such as hair - WILL NOT be reflected with the school uniform. Usually in my experience, the whore uniform is just the career outfit. The school uniform is worn by all teens of that gender so unlike other outfits, it must have some way of being 'uniform' so is kind of set in stone unless redone. It takes a 'snapshot' (for lack of a better term) of all teens at the time the uniform is made and this is what you get. 

can easily be exported and imported to a new game.

Agreed. I just wanted to point out the settings can be totally different for every save series one plays. Since SP can only have one settings file exported, I find it best to keep the one which I use the most, and then go back in and tweak it after importing if I want anything different from my usual settings. Or I could just not import any settings and make few changes if wanted. It's just a superior script to handle Sims in game compared to the EA default IMO. Players shouldn't be worried about using it 'out of the box'.

2 hours ago, landess said:

Since SP can only have one settings file exported

Really? I honestly never bothered separating them as you do. The Nraas modules have been adjusted over time. Traveler, MC, SP and related sub-modules, relativity, etc etc. Each time, I simply resave all to a new dated save file, which I then import from city hall when starting a new game or a new world within the save. But, I don't have a different setting for SP for this save, and another for that save.

59 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I honestly never bothered separating them as you do

Yep, I need to have pregnancy turned on when I play the save with aging on, and some saves allow teen/elder romance, while others have different levels of romance options between the age groups. This was what I was referring to when I said "Wild".

I only have the 'one' save setting, but I've been using it for so long - it's found in the far right of the library bin with 'many' households added since then. Now the KW save settings are usually near the left/end as I make changes to outfits as I see fit concerning revealing etc.

19 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

For me another love/ hate! I find that dresser seems to ignore the "not valid for random" settings some times.

That actually isn't Dresser's fault there's some messed up code were with some things the flag doesn't set right.

19 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

And, it can make some of the worst outfit combination imaginable!

Yes it can I have some horror stories. Like one time the whole town ended up with face paint and another how every male looked like a hooker.

2 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

isn't Dresser's fault

Han Solo defense??? As bad as KW getting involved in age up, messing it up, and showing the notification: "Something went wrong... It's not Kinky World's fault, but KW will try to fix it...". Exactly who's code is it? Again, the only uses I have for Dresser are more than 3 outfits and reroll... maybe remove all. One of the few things I think KW does better than Nraas is dressing sims.

Face painted, hookers... Some how, I had Moonlight Falls townies being made over with costume make up on guys and and a skull face make up on a few females. Both set as NOT for random. Since, I have turned off many Dresser options, such as make up and accessories.

48 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Han Solo defense??? As bad as KW getting involved in age up, messing it up, and showing the notification: "Something went wrong... It's not Kinky World's fault, but KW will try to fix it...". Exactly who's code is it? Again, the only uses I have for Dresser are more than 3 outfits and reroll... maybe remove all. One of the few things I think KW does better than Nraas is dressing sims.

Face painted, hookers... Some how, I had Moonlight Falls townies being made over with costume make up on guys and and a skull face make up on a few females. Both set as NOT for random. Since, I have turned off many Dresser options, such as make up and accessories.

And it was in Moonlight Falls were I saw all the face paint, but it was Sunset Valley when all the males looked like hookers. The costume make up has some weird code it's normally it's not valid for random but it is valid for random if it's Spooky Time, Seasonal Parties and for the Face Painting Booth. Even without Dresser I see sims with the costume make up and I never allow Facing Painting Booths in my game. 

41 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

Spooky Time

Interesting. Still even more odd is that the skull face mask make up I mentioned is listed in CAS as blush or eye shadow... forget which without looking, but it's definitely not listed as costume make up. And I don't think I have face painting. Not sure what EP has it.

Interesting. Still even more odd is that the skull face mask make up I mentioned is listed in CAS as blush or eye shadow... forget which without looking, but it's definitely not listed as costume make up. And I don't think I have face painting. Not sure what EP has it.

Showtime and Seasons both have face paint and some was added to the Base Game via patch.

*Edit*

Almost forgot Supernatural also has some.

1 hour ago, spaceman1 said:

Supernatural

Have SN. Haven't seen a face painting booth, but also have not been looking for one. Never saw this in base game either?

The "spooky" seems more likely as I'm fairly certain in happened in MF first that I saw... with costume make up, but still doesn't explain other make up, like the skull face or even Joker make up being randomly applied. ( As I said, just got tired of it and shut off make being applied by Dresser and it seems to have fixed it. Back to taking the sim into CAS if it strikes me to do so.

6 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Have SN. Haven't seen a face painting booth, but also have not been looking for one. Never saw this in base game either?

The "spooky" seems more likely as I'm fairly certain in happened in MF first that I saw... with costume make up, but still doesn't explain other make up, like the skull face or even Joker make up being randomly applied. ( As I said, just got tired of it and shut off make being applied by Dresser and it seems to have fixed it. Back to taking the sim into CAS if it strikes me to do so.

There is no face painting booth for SN just face paint in CAS and some hidden face paint that isn't seen in CAS.

And yeah there is some messed code for some of the CAS objects that was SimGuru Graham that messed that shit up he could never admit a mistake and go fix it. It's one of the things I hated about working with him.

12 hours ago, landess said:

especially for NPCs

I would love if I had time to go through all of my merged packages and check CASP to see what is or is not labeled "ValidForRandom", set it as I want, figure out how the use priority works and set that, and have it so things like finger nails and make up were applied to female NPC's.

Oh... possibly another KW issue, or a "your settings/ my settings" issue, but using KW debug to remove the "virgin" flag is another in the long list of things that worked once and never again. Removed it from one sim, and it seems to have remained gone. Another sim, every time she woohoos, is a virgin again. (((

On 2/19/2021 at 6:26 AM, LadySmoks said:

I would love if I had time to go through all of my merged packages and check CASP to see what is or is not labeled "ValidForRandom", set it as I want, figure out how the use priority works and set that, and have it so things like finger nails and make up were applied to female NPC's.

Oh I am sooo doing that. Plus I get really annoyed that the default hairstyle on age-up is pigtails. Not a good look!

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I ended up replacing the CASP so it uses a different CC hairstyle that I have. Still evaluating how that worked out.

3 hours ago, erinc7214 said:

default hairstyle on age-up is pigtails

The pigtails are the ones with the most fucked up coding Graham did a real number on fucking that one up. 

54 minutes ago, namaradus said:

The pigtails

Yes... males age up with pigtails that are not listed as being for male in CAS. Always thought that was a deep rooted issue. But, I have a female hair CC, shoulder length, that I changed in s3pe for both male and female and looks good for both. I made a package containing only the pigtails CASP, then used replace to substitute all of the information from the other CASP, while keeping the pigtails CASP number. So far, only one sim has been spawned with that hair, so far from empirical evidence that it works... but hopefully...

For nubes! NEVER touch the files in C:Programs or Origin, Steam, whatever located in the Programs files!!!!!! Make a copy to "play" with!!!!!!!! If you mess with the Program files and screw up, you will be reloading your game to fix things. You are NOT going to get away with 26 mph in this 25 mph zone! )))

19 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes... males age up with pigtails that are not listed as being for male in CAS. Always thought that was a deep rooted issue.

The pigtails have over 120 instances/references in the game files in order to stop it completely you need to find every single one of those. Which is like trying to find a needle in a haystack if only it had been fixed when it was just the Base Game.