Problem with fallout 3 script? Not saving?

Hello everyone.  I'm trying to save a script using the fallout 3 GECK, but it doesn't want to save.  I have done my research, and found that scripts don't  save when there is an error.  I can't tell entirely if it saves or not,  but in my custom quest file I made for my companion, my follower script isn't there.  But when I open the script in the little text editor, it shows it, but there is always a start at the top of the window (Like when you have changed something, but haven't saved it yet.)  Anyway, here is my script:

ScriptName NukaLurkCompanionQScript

short Status ;1 = following, 2 = waiting
short DoOnce

begin GameMode
if (DoOnce != 1)
set Status to 3
set DoOnce to 1
endif
end

I actually took this script from a follower creation tutorial here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/644-companion-follower-creation-for-fallout-3-by-foxtrot-zulu/

So I'm not entirely sure why it won't show up in the script drop down list in my custom quest menu...

I stuck your script in the Fallout 3 GECK and it saved, so I'm guessing maybe you don't have the Script Type set as Quest? In the script text editor it's the dropdown at the top. Change it to that, save the script and close the window, close the quest window if it was already open and then try again.

I stuck your script in the Fallout 3 GECK and it saved, so I'm guessing maybe you don't have the Script Type set as Quest? In the script text editor it's the dropdown at the top. Change it to that, save the script and close the window, close the quest window if it was already open and then try again.

I tryed all of that and it did not work, but this time, for some reason, it did work. So thanx for the help :)

Archived