I've had this happen a few times now and it's really irritating. Beds are being repositioned when sims are engaging in autonomous sex. This is a brand new save and it's happened twice now in two different beds. I have eight sims in this household and it seems to only happen with the active sim but I need to test further. My guess is that is has something to do with the repositioning function that was implemented not too long ago.

The only fix I can find is going into build/buy mode, putting the bed in the household inventory and then placing the bed again. Has anyone else come across this? @TURBODRIVER has anyone else reported this to you or am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Bed Glitchiness.png

So to update further, I started by deleting my localthumbcache. I've replaced the beds with entirely different ones. The house was on ground level so I added a small foundation. The glitch is still happening. As I'm testing, it seems to only be when sims autonomously go to them. If an additional sim joins that couple autonomously, the bed will glitch. It's during the moment when sims are positioning themselves for the animation. There's that brief pause and then they'll engage and when the animation starts, the bed will be inside the floor in some weird position.

If I direct couples to use them, it doesn't seem to happen. I'm still testing that one though.

Is there a way to disable the sim repositioning function entirely? I really have a feeling that is the culprit. This never used to happen before. I haven't really stumbled across it earlier because I haven't played a full house with eight sims since updating. I'm not sure is that has anything to do with it but I thought I'd mention it.

Back again with a follow-up. Lots of testing later and I found the culprit. It was animation related.

More specifically, ONE animation in particular. It was one that was in my Least Used list but for some reason, it started playing rather frequently in my new save and messing with ALL my beds. Sometimes just subtly where I could see the bed sink very very slightly into the floor. Other times, very drastically as shown in the picture I posted. I could create this glitch repeatedly and consistently and I can pretty much confirm this particular animation was the problem.

I'm going to post on the animator's page and bring it to their attention. Maybe it's just something with my setup or it's something that needs to be fixed.

*** NOTE: This issue has not been solved. ***

I'm really struggling here. The issue is starting to crop up with other animations as well. I had thought I solved the problem when I could repeat the entire process with one animation but after I disabled it, more animations from different authors are doing this as well. I'm at a loss here as this is a brand new save.

Has anyone come across this before? Any suggestions on how I can tackle this? Maybe it's the lot I'm using? It's not really the beds because I've tried multiple different beds.

***EDIT*** Final Update:

I opened my Master save file, (one that I've never had any issues with). I took the same house and put it on the exact same lot in Newcrest. I also placed the same household (of eight sims) into that lot. Sure enough, over the course of an hour or two of playing, the problem of beds clipping into the floors started on that save as well. Once again, this is a save that I've used multiple times without issues.

I should probably add that these sims never leave this house. It's kind of like a sex asylum of sorts. Maybe the beds don't have the opportunity to reset? I'm dumbfounded on this one.

I'm at a loss. I could chock it up to possibly being a bad house as I haven't tried rebuilding a new one. It could simply be the fact that the beds are almost constantly in use from all the horny sims and it's doing something strange. I honestly have a sneaking suspicion that the actor repositioning function is acting strange with this particular household but of course, that's purely uneducated speculation on my part. It just stands to reason as it's the only thing that would mess with the positioning of beds.

• 1 month later...

For me three double beds are affected. Single beds are used rarely and weren't affected so far.

Using the Patreon version, there was a position fix in .8 which didn't fix these problems.

For me it usually happens when 2+ sims are involved and one is joining.

It seems that WW rotates the bed together with one sim.