Armor parts black outlines visible through body at distance

Problem with modded armor (ported from different bodytype and into physics body, afaik).

Showcase video

Video 'transcript' if it gets taken down and someone in the future wants to solve this problem as well: Armor shows through the body as a black silhouette when you distance yourself from the armor-wearing actor more than +-2meters (in this particular case, the "skirt" on the back). Problem seems to be related to specific armors, seeing how different armors from the same mod don't have that problem.

I think this

might be related, or even the same problem, however the solution is spoken in a language only proficient modder would understand. Would someone who understands what's wrong explain how to fix it for me?

I've noticed the same "black outline" I think it's an edge artifact from the overlaying of the player on the game world. (it *looks* like the same sort of thing you see once and a while from green-screen content at object/green-scene boundaries) 

You *might try reducing contrast a little to see if it helps. 

An image would help in seeing the extreme of your artifact. Mine is subtle. Discernable but subtle. The player is just a bit sharper than the surroundings. and has a faint black outline.

18 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

An image would help in seeing the extreme of your artifact.

You mean, it's hard to see it in the video?

Also, this glitch seems like a "conflict" of actor body and the physics-enabled part of its body (only the jiggly part of the ass seems to "punch" through the model as black silhouette). I'm not sure if I've ever seen the artifact you're talking about, are they really the same problem?

Sorry, I didn't see the video link when I first responded. Do you man mean that thick region of black in her lower torso area? That... I have no idea. 

What I was talking about is a faint overlay outline on the character model, visible mainly on the outer hairline. nvm. I don't know what's causing your issue. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 12:11 AM, tantuu said:

Sorry to necro this but did you figure out how to fix it? I'm getting this with baka's minidress collection for bhunp. The belts and pouches have black silhouettes through the body. If I can fix it with outfit studio or something, that'd be cool.

hmm, honestly I don't quite remember, so probably I didn't solve it? Or maybe I re-applied weight-paint in outfit studio..?

Most probably unsolved though, since I'd post the solution if I found it back then.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:46 AM, SinisterPoem said:

hmm, honestly I don't quite remember, so probably I didn't solve it? Or maybe I re-applied weight-paint in outfit studio..?

Most probably unsolved though, since I'd post the solution if I found it back then.

Baka just updated his minidress collection which seems to have fixed it. Not sure, but he said he updated it for the bhunp v3 body. No idea what he did but i'm not seeing it anymore.