[Request] Armor providing resistances per piece

This one is rather specific, so i just hope that someone considerably more skilled than myself takes interest.

What i want to achieve is for armor to provide magic resistance so that in combination with awesome MWA mod opponent would have to actually get through you armor (at least part of it) before he can really hurt you. While for physical damage it is easily achieved by tweaking armor rating in tes5edit and armor cap with SkyTweak, magic resistance is more tricky. While its possible to just enchant every piece of modular armor with magic resist, it is crutch solution. Ideall option would be giving PC a perk providing a per-piece bonus to m.resist. Ive attempted to get a hang of it myself using matching set/reflect blow perks as a template, but, while general structure is somewhat straightforward (1st one checks for amount of armor pieces with specific keyword, second checks if you have the first one), my brain is waay to small to extrapolate this to gaining, say, 10% magic resist per an item with a keyword. So, if any master of perk craft would be interested in making one - that would be awesome. If someone could give me a rundown on how i can do it myself without pestering other people - that would be even better.

I guess easiest would be to create four abilities, each giving 10% magic resistance. Then create a perk with four entry points, under conditions you then check for 'ArmorCuirass', 'ArmorBoots', 'ArmorHelmet' and 'ArmorGauntles' with the WornHasKeyword condition function respectively and make it grant one of the abilities. Last but not least create a quest with a script attached that adds the perk to the player on game start.

12 minutes ago, nilead said:

This one is rather specific, so i just hope that someone considerably more skilled than myself takes interest.

What i want to achieve is for armor to provide magic resistance so that in combination with awesome MWA mod opponent would have to actually get through you armor (at least part of it) before he can really hurt you. While for physical damage it is easily achieved by tweaking armor rating in tes5edit and armor cap with SkyTweak, magic resistance is more tricky. While its possible to just enchant every piece of modular armor with magic resist, it is crutch solution. Ideall option would be giving PC a perk providing a per-piece bonus to m.resist. Ive attempted to get a hang of it myself using matching set/reflect blow perks as a template, but, while general structure is somewhat straightforward (1st one checks for amount of armor pieces with specific keyword, second checks if you have the first one), my brain is waay to small to extrapolate this to gaining, say, 10% magic resist per an item with a keyword. So, if any master of perk craft would be interested in making one - that would be awesome. If someone could give me a rundown on how i can do it myself without pestering other people - that would be even better.

well you could take my mod Focus Pokus* and alter the spell to add magic resistance instead of magickarateMult

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d8962aa146e1aebab409123e5c0e78f2.png

Then you would have a new mod Protectus Pokus

* I say my, but really Monoman1 made it for me. ?

16 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

I guess easiest would be to create four abilities, each giving 10% magic resistance. Then create a perk with four entry points, under conditions you then check for 'ArmorCuirass', 'ArmorBoots', 'ArmorHelmet' and 'ArmorGauntles' with the WornHasKeyword condition function respectively and make it grant one of the abilities. Last but not least create a quest with a script attached that adds the perk to the player on game start.

I see. I use alot of modular armor sets, but i suppose "ArmorCuirass" can just be replaced with "ArmorHeavy"/"ArmorLight" to forego the need to specify. Thanks.

16 hours ago, Corsayr said:

well you could take my mod Focus Pokus* and alter the spell to add magic resistance instead of magickarateMult

Then you would have a new mod Protectus Pokus?

* ?

Wow, this is almost exactly what i needed, Even my crooked hands should be enough to replace one effect with another within the existing framework. Thanks a bunch, i hoped for a link to a guide and instead got like 95% finished solution to the problem. Cheers.

Edit: yup, worked like a charm. Thanks again.