Bodyslide output nif different from what I see inside the tools

Hi, I'm trying to convert an outfit to UUNP.

In Outfit Studio the gloves (the armor as well actually, but focusing on the gloves should be easier) weren't properly aligned with the body, so I thought of using the "scale" and "move" options on everything (except the reference part, of course).

After building in bodyslide though, the nif showed the gloves in a higher position then the one shown in BS and OS.

So I tried to create a new project without modifying anything: i built it in bodyslide and in the nif the gloves were always higher than the project, but kind of in the right position.

Anyone knows if there is something to make it show properly in the tools?

Spoiler

1981621948_Screenshot(19).png.e7570c278fdd2cf09ea8d55e5fb6816d.png

Sadly BodySlide doesn't get some offsets, so sometimes you encounter this issue.
My personal way of fixing it is:
1) Export all problematic objects to .obj files.
2) Import it again from .obj. If you still have the old one selected it will ask you if you want to update the vertices instead. Choose 'No', as that won't work.
3) Right click the old one -> set as reference.
4) Right click the new one -> copy bone weights. After this you can set the UUNP body as reference again.
5) Safe the project, open the Shape Data mesh in NifSkope.

6) Update the Partitions property in the BSDismemberSkinInstance to the right equipment slot.
7) Update the textures in BSLightningShaderProperty -> BSShaderTextureSet

It looks more complicated than it actually is, most of these steps take like 5-10 seconds. You just have to do this for every part individually, so it can be quite time consuming if your armor has a lot.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:45 PM, Skitskurr said:

6) Update the Partitions property in the BSDismemberSkinInstance to the right equipment slot.

Thanks! I'll try it later and tell you what happens. ?

I wanted to try to understand it on my own first, but probably I'd be going to ask you if you could explain me these a little more. ?

Every part of your armor has it's own NiTriShape node in Nifskope. This has three sub-nodes by default.

On the BSDismemberSkinInstance sub-node you have property called Partitions, which then has a sub-property called Partitions, which has a sub-property called Body Part.

This has to do with the Biped Object settings in Armor and ArmorAddon forms in the CK. Long story short if you put in the wrong number it wont show in game.

When importing .obj files in Outfit Studio it by default sets them to 32. Look what the original mesh had in that property and update it in your new mesh. You only need to type in the two digit number and press enter, Nifskope will then fill in the rest.

image.png.8963fa8e238722d274bf7352e262fb23.png

The BSLightningShaderProperty sub-node has a sub-node called BSShaderTextureSet, this has a list of Textures as properties. If only the first two have values in the original mesh then all you need to do is copy those over.

image.png.9e4fd484f6d7dacae919eb7cd8f8891a.png

If also the fifth and/or sixth have values you also need to adjust the properties of the BSLightningShaderProperty node itself.

Set the Skyrim Shader Type from Default to Environment Map.

If the fifth texture had a value open the drop down menu Shader Flags 1 and check Environtment_Mapping.

If the sixth texture had a value open the drop down menu Shader Flags 2 and check Glow_Map.

In some rare cases (for examle some very shiny rubber stuff from DD) you also have to adjust some numerical values of other properties in this node. If it still doesn't look the same scroll down the list and see where values differ.

image.png.be7855c3001b4f5f5d98f268eff9378c.png

Sadly BodySlide doesn't get some offsets, so sometimes you encounter this issue.
My personal way of fixing it is:
1) Export all problematic objects to .obj files.
2) Import it again from .obj. If you still have the old one selected it will ask you if you want to update the vertices instead. Choose 'No', as that won't work.
3) Right click the old one -> set as reference.
4) Right click the new one -> copy bone weights. After this you can set the UUNP body as reference again.
5) Safe the project, open the Shape Data mesh in NifSkope.

It looks more complicated than it actually is, most of these steps take like 5-10 seconds. You just have to do this for every part individually, so it can be quite time consuming if your armor has a lot.

? It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for your time! ?