Hello everyone. I'm not a modder, i'm very technically challenged. I've had an idea, well I get ideas all the time, but this is one I think would really add an element of enjoyable gameplay to sims 4. I'm a writer and as a writer I know for any good story, you need conflict. Sims 4 is very much like being in your own story. If any of you brilliant modders out there know anything about the character traits, I was thinking it would be very interesting to add conflicting traits. For example an environmentalist and an oilman. Now I'm not saying these two couldn't be good friends and maybe even lovers, but they would have to work at it. If traits can be created that cause friendship bar to go toward negative just by being around each other, that could make for some fun gaming. Let's say miss evrinmentalist meets mr. oil baron. Their friendship bar would start out at -1 and decrease from there depending on other factors of course. Is this possible? These are just two examples I'm sure we can come up with many conflicting traits. Just an idea I thought I'd share.   

Far as I know the game won't allow selecting conflicting traits because they can cause game errors or corruption of sims/game saves.

And mod makers tend to follow the same rules.

But there are a few mods that add more 'drama' in game if that's what you're looking for. 

There is the Good and Evil traits already.  And if you have Strangerville, the Roswells have them.  Ted is Evil, and his wife Meredith is Good.  She'll become sad from a conversation with him, and he'll either become happy that he got to her, or sometimes angry.  I do wonder what their interactions would be like now, with sentiments.  I bet they're likely to give each other offended sentiments, making them more likely to argue, and start losing romance and friendship.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:38 AM, snowdog04 said:

There is the Good and Evil traits already.  And if you have Strangerville, the Roswells have them.  Ted is Evil, and his wife Meredith is Good.  She'll become sad from a conversation with him, and he'll either become happy that he got to her, or sometimes angry.  I do wonder what their interactions would be like now, with sentiments.  I bet they're likely to give each other offended sentiments, making them more likely to argue, and start losing romance and friendship.

thanks i didn't know that. So it can be done. I don't know how to mod, but I'd make more of these.