Tampons & Pads DO NOT WORK

Hey,

I'm having a problem with the latest version of the mod (the only version I tried, got the game recently)

No matter what I do, I CANNOT use pads or tampons. I can get the box through Buy mode, but clicking on the box does nothing, drag and dropping on my sim never actually gives them any pads or tampons. Ordering through the computer is completely broken, takes my simoleons but never delivers any.

Anyone got any idea why?

Game version: 1.68.156.1020 (steam)

WW version v161c

Ordering tampons, condoms or anything like that off of the web takes a day to arrive to your mailbox, so check for that.

Keep in mind you need to open the box the tampons/pads are in and use them individually. I see you're saying you can't click on your box though, which doesn't make sense.

Does an exception file get generated at any point?

9 minutes ago, HuskTheHelpful said:

Ordering tampons, condoms or anything like that off of the web takes a day to arrive to your mailbox, so check for that.

Keep in mind you need to open the box the tampons/pads are in and use them individually. I see you're saying you can't click on your box though, which doesn't make sense.

Does an exception file get generated at any point?

No exception file that I can find.

I've waited about 1 (in-game) week for the pads & tampons to arrive through the mailbox, they never did. Bills came and went as normal.

I can't click on the box to get a menu, I can only drag and drop it on to my sim, and even then if I try to use the toilet menu to use a pad / tampon it will always say that I do not have any pads / tampons.

I've tried with all my other mods disabled, and it still behaves the same.

I've attached a screenshot of my current mod list if it helps.

Screenshot 2020-12-04 110055.png

18 hours ago, omalleypike said:

No exception file that I can find.

I've waited about 1 (in-game) week for the pads & tampons to arrive through the mailbox, they never did. Bills came and went as normal.

I can't click on the box to get a menu, I can only drag and drop it on to my sim, and even then if I try to use the toilet menu to use a pad / tampon it will always say that I do not have any pads / tampons.

I've tried with all my other mods disabled, and it still behaves the same.

I've attached a screenshot of my current mod list if it helps.

Screenshot 2020-12-04 110055.png

Delete the png files....you don't need them.......what's in the FBD folder?

You can get tampons and pads in buy mode under kids room clutter....

6 hours ago, procian said:

Delete the png files....you don't need them.......what's in the FBD folder?

You can get tampons and pads in buy mode under kids room clutter....

I know about the buy mode way, but it just gives a box which you can't do anything with. I can drag and drop it on to my sim, but she never actually receives any pads to use if I try and use one on the toilet.

FBD folder contains this:

Screenshot 2020-12-05 124415.png

3 hours ago, omalleypike said:

I know about the buy mode way, but it just gives a box which you can't do anything with. I can drag and drop it on to my sim, but she never actually receives any pads to use if I try and use one on the toilet.

FBD folder contains this:

Screenshot 2020-12-05 124415.png

I see....I just have pads set up in ww options....my sim doesn't use the toilet she just automatically changes her pad....

2 hours ago, procian said:

I see....I just have pads set up in ww options....my sim doesn't use the toilet she just automatically changes her pad....

I can't even find that in the options menu. I've downloaded the mod from just about every source available, here, itch.io and Nexus, all have the same problem.

Hey, I've been following this topic, and from all of my tests, everything worked as intended.

With the toilet use setting enabled:

- Usage of pads/tampons without a toilet present on the lot results in the Use Pad/Use Tampon option being disabled, but visible, with a tooltip stating you need a toilet to do this.

- Usage of pads/tampons with a toilet present, but the toilet is broken or clogged, results in the Sim simply using the pad/tampon to avoid inconveniencing the player.

- Usage of pads/tampons with a toilet present and the toilet working just works.

Without the toilet use enabled:

- Usage of pads/tampons just works.

With you saying "clicking on the box does nothing" and going from absolutely nothing working to it just working by switching one setting is super confusing. Suddenly the options to do something are there, which just doesn't make sense to me, I feel like a lot of details were omitted.

Something that I could guess, is that the options were in fact there, but you meant to say that clicking these options doesn't do anything, meaning no animations, no notification, no result whatsoever. This leads me to think your lot has a toilet, but the toilet is in such a situation that WW doesn't recognize, and I would like to know what it is.

9 hours ago, TURBODRIVER said:

Hey, I've been following this topic, and from all of my tests, everything worked as intended.

With the toilet use setting enabled:

- Usage of pads/tampons without a toilet present on the lot results in the Use Pad/Use Tampon option being disabled, but visible, with a tooltip stating you need a toilet to do this.

- Usage of pads/tampons with a toilet present, but the toilet is broken or clogged, results in the Sim simply using the pad/tampon to avoid inconveniencing the player.

- Usage of pads/tampons with a toilet present and the toilet working just works.

Without the toilet use enabled:

- Usage of pads/tampons just works.

With you saying "clicking on the box does nothing" and going from absolutely nothing working to it just working by switching one setting is super confusing. Suddenly the options to do something are there, which just doesn't make sense to me, I feel like a lot of details were omitted.

Something that I could guess, is that the options were in fact there, but you meant to say that clicking these options doesn't do anything, meaning no animations, no notification, no result whatsoever. This leads me to think your lot has a toilet, but the toilet is in such a situation that WW doesn't recognize, and I would like to know what it is.

I'll fill in the gaps:

The mod works as expected aside from this part. My lot has a toilet, in the bathroom, which the sim can access at any time. The toilet is fully functional, and is not obstructed.

Ordering tampons / pads through the mail straight-up does not work. No delivery is made, nothing appears in my build mode inventory, and when in the toilet menu, the Use Pad and Use Tampon options are greyed out (saying You need a Pad to do this, or tampon respectively).

When buying the box from buy mode, when I click on the box in Live mode nothing happens, no menu or anything. Mousing over gives a tooltip of the box's description. I can drag and drop the box on to my sim, but she does not receive any pads or tampons, at least according to the toilet's menu (same result as ordering through the computer).

Disabling the Use toilet to change pad / tampon switch seems to solve the problem, period effects come up but are automatically solved a minute or so later. (i'm assuming that's when the pad is used automatically, although no animation plays) There's no option to change pad / tampon in my sim's menu.

That's pretty much it

25 minutes ago, omalleypike said:

I'll fill in the gaps:

The mod works as expected aside from this part. My lot has a toilet, in the bathroom, which the sim can access at any time. The toilet is fully functional, and is not obstructed.

Ordering tampons / pads through the mail straight-up does not work. No delivery is made, nothing appears in my build mode inventory, and when in the toilet menu, the Use Pad and Use Tampon options are greyed out (saying You need a Pad to do this, or tampon respectively).

When buying the box from buy mode, when I click on the box in Live mode nothing happens, no menu or anything. Mousing over gives a tooltip of the box's description. I can drag and drop the box on to my sim, but she does not receive any pads or tampons, at least according to the toilet's menu (same result as ordering through the computer).

Disabling the Use toilet to change pad / tampon switch seems to solve the problem, period effects come up but are automatically solved a minute or so later. (i'm assuming that's when the pad is used automatically, although no animation plays) There's no option to change pad / tampon in my sim's menu.

That's pretty much it

Okay, you introduced more gaps that would be great to explain as well.

Ordered tampons, pads or such don't go to the build mode inventory, they are in the mailbox, you need to get them out of the mailbox. Did you?

You cannot interact with any of the objects when they are placed within the world, that's normal, you can only do it when they are in Sim inventory. Did you try to open the box by clicking on it inside of the Sim inventory?

31 minutes ago, TURBODRIVER said:

Okay, you introduced more gaps that would be great to explain as well.

Ordered tampons, pads or such don't go to the build mode inventory, they are in the mailbox, you need to get them out of the mailbox. Did you?

You cannot interact with any of the objects when they are placed within the world, that's normal, you can only do it when they are in Sim inventory. Did you try to open the box by clicking on it inside of the Sim inventory?

I have tried for multiple in-game days. They never seem to reach the mailbox. Other mail (e.g. bills) comes in and is retrieved as you'd expect.

Dragging & dropping the box onto my sim does not make the box appear in their inventory. Their inventory is empty (/ not actually empty per se, but there's no items beyond items present in the base game)

• 9 months later...

<SOLVED> 

For my case, it's not a MOD fault or conflict of CC but it was just me not knowing how to use it. Which I finally found the solution to this.

1. First is to order the tampon / pad or both.
  2. Go to mailbox outside your house and click "Get Mail" (The delivery was quite fast actually.)
  3. The box will be under your Inventory - I tab (bottom right side of your screen) > there is no need to take the box out from your inventory tab. Otherwise it will just be a (view only) object in your house. 
  4. From the Inventory tab > Click on the box and choose "Open Box" 
  5. You will now have opened box in your Inventory Tab 
  6. Click on the opened Box and choose "Unpack Box" 
  7. You can now see the pad/tampon in your inventory tab and you will also now see the option to use them whenever you click on any toilet !

* NOTE: I did not disable the "Use Toilet to Change Pad/Tampon switch" as the issue was not due to bugs but my lack of knowledge *

I ticked everything and it's working like a real life women on period.

image.png.acebd38f48d316b6c35c6687b5e4ce41.png

Edited by maldarling