Which mods doesn't/does cause conflict with each other

Hey there

Its my first time modding sims (I was modding other games before), so I am not sure of one thing.

Which body mods that doesn't work with other, I mean there are many body mods like

EVE Body Mesh

Dumbaby Body Mesh
Hiroki Better Body

Sopor Allure Boobs
Heliotropic Heavy Boobs
wild_guy Female Body Details

and body presets

body related sliders

I am not sure which ones can work with which, and which one would make the outfits not work with them (as example in skyrim to use outfits on CBBE you need the outfit to be a CBBE, and in skyrim case its a body mesh)

• And another TLDR question, which body related mods do you recommend that work with each other.
46 minutes ago, Ahmy said:

Hiroki Better Body

This one is no longer updated or supported.

I only use Wicked Whims default bodies and also use Wild Guy's Female Body Details.

Sopor Allure Boobs is also fine to use.

EVE might require special clothing but the others are all Maxis Match for all the normal game clothing and most cc clothing.

Sliders can be many but I mostly use facial sliders but make sure you don't use the same area sliders from different authors.

I also use CMAR's Breast Separation slider.

I only use Skin Overlays as they have less problems when updating the game, RemusSirion RS-12 F is my favorite for female sims.

I also avoid anything default such as body replacers, skins, or overlays.

If you end up with too many problems will happen.

We don't need to worry about using CBBE with sims like in Skyrim. 

Oh and for the male parts I prefer Simdulgence Real Gens

Never found a need for body presets as I can do most everything I need to do in games CAS.

But I'd recommend to start out slow so you don't get overwhelmed by it all.

Basic required mods I think you should start with:

1. Wicked Whims along with Animations like MOTHERLOADSIMS, Azmodan22, and Mike24 to start with and you can add more later.

2. Basemental Drugs if you want booze, drugs and smoking, pick and choose what you want to use.

3. MC Command Center very handy utility for editing sims, adding/removing traits, and controlling many other game aspects.

4. Wild Guys Female Body Details

5. Simdulgence Real Gens Penis

Should be all you really need to get started.

You will have to learn a bit about install locations in Mods plus changing a few settings in some of these mods above.  

You can also download tons of cc custom hairstyles, makeup, nails, shoes, clothing, jewelry, chokers, etc.

Many of these look far better than the EA stuff.

I just make new folders in my Mods for each category and then just copy the files into each one after extracting.

Mods/Body Details

Mods/Basemental

Mods/Hairstyles

Mods/MCCC

Mods/Makeup

Mods/Skin Overlays

Mods/Wicked

Mods/Wicked Animations

etc.  

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, SleiFatr said:

Can you have different animations packages in your game? The mod detector tells me that e.g. Azomdans anaimations are conflicting with Wild Guys.

WW works with tons of animations installed.

Mod conflict detector gives false positives for many things so it's unreliable and shouldn't be used anymore.  

On 11/28/2020 at 10:50 PM, Ahmy said:

Hey there

Its my first time modding sims (I was modding other games before), so I am not sure of one thing.

Which body mods that doesn't work with other, I mean there are many body mods like

EVE Body Mesh

Dumbaby Body Mesh
Hiroki Better Body

Sopor Allure Boobs
Heliotropic Heavy Boobs
wild_guy Female Body Details

and body presets

body related sliders

I am not sure which ones can work with which, and which one would make the outfits not work with them (as example in skyrim to use outfits on CBBE you need the outfit to be a CBBE, and in skyrim case its a body mesh)

• And another TLDR question, which body related mods do you recommend that work with each other.

Better body is broken...only the female nude top from that still works.

15 hours ago, Scorpio said:

WW works with tons of animations installed.

Mod conflict detector gives false positives for many things so it's unreliable and shouldn't be used anymore.  

OH!! Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply. I didn´t know about the false alarms on Mod conflict det. What else do you use?

1 hour ago, SleiFatr said:

OH!! Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply. I didn´t know about the false alarms on Mod conflict det. What else do you use?

Just use MCCC for error reporting to find most problems when I get errors or use the 50/50 mod removal method to find bad/conflicting Mods.

Some Mods will have details on their download page about known conflicts with other Mods.

Otherwise it's impossible to know about most conflicts before installing.

Mods folder organization by categories for all CC like Makeup, etc., helps prevent duplicates.

Everything in your Mods folder should be in it's own named folder except for the Resource.cfg file

Mods/Clothing

Mods/Makeup

Mods/MCCC

Mods/Body Parts

Mods/Skins

Mods/Shoes

Mods/Sliders

Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Mods/Wicked Animations

Mods/Wicked Toys and Objects

etc.

I avoid using defaults and downloading large merged files with unknown content.

I don't Download custom Sims with included Mods/CC unless I check out the included content carefully as it can contain outdated Mods and odd things.

Avoid using Facial/Body Sliders for the same CAS parts by different authors.

Disable Origin Automatic Game updates.