HDT SMP Hair goes double as I make my follower equip it in CK (need help)

I am making a follower with HDT hair equipped. Equipped - meaning, the HDT hair is added to her as a wig and default outfit. (I am unsure if this is the primary cause of the issue at this point.)

Let me explain - I couldn't get HDT hair to work correctly by exporting facedata from racemenu. So I exported head mesh with default skyrim hair. Then added this HDT hair mod as a armor in ck and setting it as default equipment. Everything works perfect, except when collision happens it becomes very apparent that hair is added twice on a follower.

This issue doesn't happen when my character equips it. The mesh stays singular as it should be.

Screenshot: Blue arrows show that the part where two meshes physic interactions calculated separately, thus double meshed state becomes very apparent.

-Character is added as a new race.

First follower I created with different HDT hair has a same issue also. If youd like to check it out:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42114?tab=description

Much thanks for help

ScreenShot121.png

===ISSUE FIXED===

I figured out the issue by pure luck. Will leave an entry here in case for anyone else who stumble across the same issue in future.

Basically, my hdt hair that I was using had multiple meshes in it with different partitions, examples> hairline, hair_partA, hair_partB, hair_part_top, etc etc.

So one mesh file taking up different equipment slots> Explanation - Base part of hair is assigned for HAIR equip slot, other parts of hair are assigned to LONG HAIR equip slot.

I made a one Armor_addon entry in ck for this hair assigned with HAIR and LONG HAIR equipment slot ticked. This was the cause - game was loading the whole mesh twice because game does not understand that it needs to load hair parts within a nif separately for each equipment slot.

To fix this I separated hair parts which are assigned to HAIR equip slot and LONG HAIR equip slot separately. And made a separate entry for them in ArmorAddon.

And made an armor entry including these now separated two parts and ticked HAIR and LONG HAIR slot usage.

Now the hair parts load separately in the game in respect of its load slot and it only loads up once for each thus no duplication like before.

Sorry about my rusty English, I am not a native English speaker.

Hope it helps anyone in future.

• 7 months later...

I was shocked that I saw someone else had a similar issue AND figured it out AND shared the fix. Thank you, Areola999.

I got a copy of the Ryeonggi armor for SE with SMP and was getting duplicated hair and hair whip-tails. Tried fussing with the xml only to crash over and over again. I knew there had to be somewhere a command or interpreter stating "ok, I'm make two of that!". And you found it.

So, for the Ryeonggi, the hair ponytail was body slot "Hair" and the hair whip-tails were "Long Hair". I separated the two "hair" "long hair" meshes in Outfit Studio into two bodyslide files outputting to hair_0/_1.nif and hairlong_0/_1.nif so each nif had only one designated partition. They both point to the same xml and in each mesh, I kept the virtual ground and body intact. Fixed up the esp as you stated so I added an armor addon record for the hairlong_0/_1.nif since the hair_0/_1.nif armor addon record already existed. Made sure the body slots in the armor addons matched those of their target nif files. Added a new Armor record pointing to the new armor addon and voila!

Works great!

Edited by thappysnek