PoseEdit

.... is about the most frustrating thing ever devised by humanity. Aside from that fact, can anyone answer this?

When editing a pose, Is there a way you can move a model to a different point in the room without having to then retranslate every other part of their body on every subsequent key?

Apologies if terminology is shit.

1 hour ago, HypnoSoul said:

You have to enable the "Global key editing", is the 4th button on the top right bar.

Hope this is what you asking :)

right will try that. what on earth does global key editing even mean?!

1 hour ago, Bad_Penny said:

right will try that. what on earth does global key editing even mean?!

It means when you make a change on the timeline, all keys will update to reflect that change.  Very useful for moving animated poses, fixing misalignments, etc. Very annoying if you forget to turn it off.  And you will forget! .. Oh, Yes! ... You Will! .... And there went five hours of F@#%ing work right down the drain! ...

11 minutes ago, EJAX said:

It means when you make a change on the timeline, all keys will update to reflect that change.  Very useful for moving animated poses, fixing misalignments, etc. Very annoying if you forget to turn it off afterward.

Yeah man!I often forget it thats really annoying.Lol.

56 minutes ago, EJAX said:

It means when you make a change on the timeline, all keys will update to reflect that change.  Very useful for moving animated poses, fixing misalignments, etc. Very annoying if you forget to turn it off.  And you will forget! .. Oh, Yes! ... You Will! .... And there went five hours of F@#%ing work right down the drain! ...

Oh my god. You mean I've wasted hours and hours and hours and hours by editing every... single... effing.... key in poses to sort them out for VX?

11 hours ago, HypnoSoul said:

You have to enable the "Global key editing", is the 4th button on the top right bar.

Hope this is what you asking :)

Nope that's not it. Same shit happens. I fucking hate this 'game'

Clicking the sixth icon in addition to global key editing will allow you to move all characters at once.

Sometimes if you have a really complex animation the only way to move it without screwing everything up is with TKX Utilities. It makes changes to the pose file itself, independent of the program, so it's a bit of trial and error. But you can do it while the program is running, so all you have to do is edit the file then reload your pose to see your changes. Pretty easy once you get used to it.

Thanks Ejax, that's very helpful. I understand now!

Okay, now I'm on a roll, new question: what's the most efficient way to fix the dick translation errors caused by moving 7.5 poses to VX? I have been working on some very complex poses, some of which stretch to all 12 sections, and editing every single frame takes ages and very often results in unnatural animations, even when I'm finding the repeated frames and pasting in uniform positions.... lost many an hour to this.

And the auto-correct feature I think VX is supposed to have has never seemed to work for any of this. 

1 hour ago, Bad_Penny said:

new question: what's the most efficient way to fix the dick translation errors caused by moving 7.5 poses to VX?

Same way as in the video (don't hold the SHIFT key this time), just move the dick instead.

NOTE: This is why I said don't forget to turn off Global Key Editing. You only use it when you want to move something throughout the entire animation. [Ctrl+Z is your friend]

And the auto-correct feature I think VX is supposed to have has never seemed to work for any of this. 

By that, I assume you mean....

1st.jpg.c1349dcdc87d5eaf9c0df02e3b0e0d64.jpg

**You can't do this with the program running, unfortunately.

And when THAT fails, you can try...

2nd.jpg.5c8f637fb1e9c30f139849428414f94a.jpg

And when ALL OF THAT fails, it's hours, and hours, and hours...