Slaverun Device Comments - Standalone

2 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Pretty please?

In other news, is there a way to exclude followers from using this dialogue?  It tends to be pretty unimmersive when they do, especially when it clashes with mods like SLTR.  

Finally, is this meant to be an exact reproduction of the dialogue that exists in Slaverun, or is that merely meant to be the starting point that may dovetail from this mod over time?  I ask because there are a number of typos and other editing issues in the dialogue, and I'm not sure if it's worth reporting them here, or if I should direct them to Slaverun and assume you'd eventually incorporate the fixes as you keep this mod synched to future Slaverun updates.

SRR is no longer being updated, both original authors have been absent for a long time. Don't expect updates. Someone else posted a blogpost toying with the idea of a new version but that didn't amount to anything.

Slaverun has it's own dialogue for the questlines and special characters, this mod doesn't reproduce any of that. The comments addon is generic dialogue lines that comment on DDs and what the player is wearing, and most NPCs can speak with those lines. My version changes conditions for when the dialogue can be spoken so that it is more appropriate in context.

I tried to edit the dialogue lines for improvement to spelling and grammar but there are thousands of sentences and it was a task far beyond my powers of endurance. My best idea for corrections would be to use xEdit to extract the dialogue, run it through a spellchecker and then output the corrections into a patch. There are ways to input/output dialogue lines via xEDit for manual editing but I don't know how to run a spellchecker on them. It would then need to be manually edited to preserve authorial intent because I'm sure an automated system would ruin the writing style. I'm not planning any future changes to this version of the mod.

You can learn about making mass edits to dialogue lines on the modpage for SLTR. It has a section to teach you how to change the name 'Lola' to your character's name. You could use the same techniques for editing other dialogue lines.

The simplest way to prevent your followers from using the comments from this mod is to add a custom keyword to them. The I could make a patch to prevent anyone with that keyword form speaking lines form this mod. Doing it this way would avoid any unintentional consequences from more complex edits to the dialogue conditions. I can whip up a patch like this for you then you could use xEdit to add the custom keyword to your followers. I could also refine it so that some followers could speak some dialogue lines but not others, you might want to focus some characters on either D or s lines.

2 hours ago, Corsec said:

The simplest way to prevent your followers from using the comments from this mod is to add a custom keyword to them. The I could make a patch to prevent anyone with that keyword form speaking lines form this mod.

Not necessarily ideal for all use cases since peoples' active followers often change, but seems like a decent enough bandaid solution.  For my purposes, my followers spawn in the LAL starter cell and never change, anyway.  

3 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Not necessarily ideal for all use cases since peoples' active followers often change, but seems like a decent enough bandaid solution.  For my purposes, my followers spawn in the LAL starter cell and never change, anyway.  

Yeah, I assumed that you would be using the same 2 followers permanently so it seemed like a fix best suited to your intentions.

This should work, but it is also possible that I'm wrong so double check it before treating it as a fix. Copy-paste the keyword from this patch into your follower NPCs using xEdit, I'm assuming you know how to do that. The patch adds the keyword, plus adds an extra condition to the comments quest that requires any NPC not have this keyword before speaking this dialogue.

SRR Comments Standalone - Followers Exemption.esp

19 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Lol, kinda personal choice of Keyword, no?  I'm sure someone else is going to want to use this in the future, too, haha.  Literally cracking up alone in my flat.

I figured you could change the EditorID for the keyword and xEdit would update the references for you, so the keyword title can be whatever you like.

I briefly considered something more vulgar, but Antiope's Mistress (and slave sister) seems too classy a lady lol.

Edited by Corsec
  • 3 months later...

Is there an SE version of your Comments PATCH? -I saw a posted version for the standalone one.

-Side note = You have been super helpfull in the SRR thread, why did you not mention you have your own goodies :P:P 

giggles

17 minutes ago, kaiteyc said:

Is there an SE version of your Comments PATCH? -I saw a posted version for the standalone one.

The SSE version is posted on the last page, on August 18 2021. Just download the file with that post.

You can also use the voicepack mod by judge007 to make the lines voiced. However you also need to download the file, then you need to edit it properly otherwise it won't work correctly. there are instrucitons for how to do this on the last page.

19 minutes ago, kaiteyc said:

-Side note = You have been super helpfull in the SRR thread, why did you not mention you have your own goodies :P:P

I didn't mention because I'm too lazy to make a new modpage for just a single SSE conversion lol, most people who would care enough to use it will read the support topic and get the SSE conversion.

Also check the link in the spoiler below to see my other file uploads. There is a patch to edit Slaverun NPCs to make them wear better outfits. I also have other devious patches of a similar nature.

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Cornoholio said:

Installed the DD one and the patcher... vortex tells me they depend on slaverun_reloaded_comments.esp. Any idea?

You don't need to use either the standaone DD or non-DD versions at the same time as the patch.

The patch is for the original mod and will require it as a master. The standalones do not require the original mod as a master.

Seems like you can just remove the patch, and keep the DD version.

5 hours ago, Corsec said:

You don't need to use either the standaone DD or non-DD versions at the same time as the patch.

The patch is for the original mod and will require it as a master. The standalones do not require the original mod as a master.

Seems like you can just remove the patch, and keep the DD version.

Done that, problem solved. Thanks!

On 6/29/2022 at 9:08 AM, Cornoholio said:

Done that, problem solved. Thanks!

Just a reminder that there's a voicepack available for SSE. It should work for LE too, since sound files don't need conversion. However the archive files aren't compatible between SSE/LE so you will need to unpack.

You will need to rename the plugin, instructions are earlier in this thread. If using for LE, you will need to use xEdit to make a compatible plugin (doesn't need any content, just the same filename as the sound archive).

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Selena Glazer said:

Hey, Great mod and patches, If you don't mind, can you make non DD patch for SRR Comments Patch, the one that uses slaverun.

Sorry, it's now too late for me to do that. I've switched to SSE and it's impossible to make LE patches with the available modding tools for SSE.

xEdit for SSE will save plugins in a form that can't be loaded in LE, it will just cause CTDs. I don't know of a way to use my current modding tools to make LE patches anymore.

44 minutes ago, Corsec said:

Sorry, it's now too late for me to do that. I've switched to SSE and it's impossible to make LE patches with the available modding tools for SSE.

xEdit for SSE will save plugins in a form that can't be loaded in LE, it will just cause CTDs. I don't know of a way to use my current modding tools to make LE patches anymore.

Alright No problems, but i am already playing on SSE, I have tried all the three patches separately and they are working fine. Anyway Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, Selena Glazer said:

Alright No problems, but i am already playing on SSE, I have tried all the three patches separately and they are working fine. Anyway Thanks :) 

OK, I assumed you were asking for the LE version. If you're asking for an SSE version then I can make the patch you requested. I will do it later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Just to be clear, we're talkign about the "SSR Comments Patch" that requires the Sexlab Fame mod, modified for Non-DDs and SSE.

Edited by Corsec
40 minutes ago, Corsec said:

OK, I assumed you were asking for the LE version. If you're asking for an SSE version then I can make the patch you requested. I will do it later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Just to be clear, we're talkign about the "SSR Comments Patch" that requires the Sexlab Fame mod, modified for Non-DDs and SSE.

Yes exactly, and thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 10:15 AM, Selena Glazer said:

Yes exactly, and thanks again :)

So I've been delaying this for a while because I knew this would be a difficult thing to do that would take a considerable amount of time. I wasn't avoiding it, but I was delaying it until I was sure of the best way to do it. I think I've figured it out now.

There are actually relatively few lines (only 243) relating to SLSF in the SRR Comments mod, and I wanted to do this without needing to take many hours of painstaking manual editing in xEdit. There are some underlying problems related to running the normal Slaverun comments through SLSF and it's better to make as much of the mod standalone as possible. The non-SLSF stuff already works well in the standalone version and I'm going to just let that do it's thing. The patch for the SLSF version will target only the SLSF-related content.

There's also no actual overlap between the non-DD comments and the SLSF fame comments. They are completely seperate and so I think it's OK to handle them with two seperate plugins.

So I've decided to do this a very particular way. It might not be clear why I needed to do it this way, but trust me it seemed like the best option. You're going to have to use the SSE Standlone plus an extra SLSF patch and run them together.

So you're going to have to still use the SSE Standalone version that I posted earlier in this thread. You can find it in a previous post as well as instructions on how to get the voicepack working as intended. You will need to rename the voicepack.

This patch just makes the Slaverun comment mod run the SLSF comments and disables all the other comments so as not to conflict with the standalone.

Let me know if the comments work as intended, I haven't tested it.

Note that this means you are going to need to enable TWO versions of the same voicepack. One for the standalone, and one for the original slaverun comments mod. Sorry about that.

Slaverun_Reloaded_Comments - SSE Patch 05_09_2022.7z

8 hours ago, Corsec said:

So I've been delaying this for a while because I knew this would be a difficult thing to do that would take a considerable amount of time. I wasn't avoiding it, but I was delaying it until I was sure of the best way to do it. I think I've figured it out now.

There are actually relatively few lines (only 243) relating to SLSF in the SRR Comments mod, and I wanted to do this without needing to take many hours of painstaking manual editing in xEdit. There are some underlying problems related to running the normal Slaverun comments through SLSF and it's better to make as much of the mod standalone as possible. The non-SLSF stuff already works well in the standalone version and I'm going to just let that do it's thing. The patch for the SLSF version will target only the SLSF-related content.

There's also no actual overlap between the non-DD comments and the SLSF fame comments. They are completely seperate and so I think it's OK to handle them with two seperate plugins.

So I've decided to do this a very particular way. It might not be clear why I needed to do it this way, but trust me it seemed like the best option. You're going to have to use the SSE Standlone plus an extra SLSF patch and run them together.

So you're going to have to still use the SSE Standalone version that I posted earlier in this thread. You can find it in a previous post as well as instructions on how to get the voicepack working as intended. You will need to rename the voicepack.

This patch just makes the Slaverun comment mod run the SLSF comments and disables all the other comments so as not to conflict with the standalone.

Let me know if the comments work as intended, I haven't tested it.

Note that this means you are going to need to enable TWO versions of the same voicepack. One for the standalone, and one for the original slaverun comments mod. Sorry about that.

Slaverun_Reloaded_Comments - SSE Patch 05_09_2022.7z 59.72 kB · 0 downloads

Hmmm, Interesting! Let me check and report back. Thanks anyways.

15 minutes ago, Nad_maximum said:

Hello, what of I use this mod + sex fame comments + babo dialogs, will I get to big troubles? 

No big troubles or conflicts. However, multiple mods that add NPC comments will compete against each other to make NPC comments. When an NPC has an opportunity to make a comment, they will make a comment from only one mod at a time. So, when a comment from a particular mod is chosen it will prevent a comment from another mod being chosen.

Not a big problem but it means that the more comment mods that you have installed, then the less chance of hearing a comment from any single one of those mods.

1 minute ago, Corsec said:

No big troubles or conflicts. However, multiple mods that add NPC comments will compete against each other to make NPC comments. When an NPC has an opportunity to make a comment, they will make a comment from only one mod at a time. So, when a comment from a particular mod is chosen it will prevent a comment from another mod being chosen.

Not a big problem but it means that the more comment mods that you have installed, then the less chance of hearing a comment from any single one of those mods.

Oh nice. I am more than okay with this. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cornoholio said:

Hey, is there any way to customize the comments? Ideally without the hateful creation-kit...

Depends on how you want to customize them. You can add/remove conditions for how/when each line is spoken. What exactly would you like to achieve?

If you want to fix the bad spelling and grammar then go ahead lol. I tried briefly but it would take too much time.

The voicepack is a seperate mod by a different person so i can't help with that.

It's easy to modify the plugin in xEdit.

Edited by Corsec
16 hours ago, Corsec said:

Depends on how you want to customize them. You can add/remove conditions for how/when each line is spoken. What exactly would you like to achieve?

If you want to fix the bad spelling and grammar then go ahead lol. I tried briefly but it would take too much time.

The voicepack is a seperate mod by a different person so i can't help with that.

It's easy to modify the plugin in xEdit.

I'd like to change some of the lines... yes, grammar and spelling among them. xEdit...what's that?