Crash on Load

When I load a new game, I get a CTD after the post-introvid loading screen. It's just black for a second and then... Crash.

[spoiler=Load order]GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
WMVM.esm
msexBase.esm
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
Smalltalk.esp
sexysleepwear.esp
sexysleepwearnr.esp
NVWillow.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
SexoutWillow.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutKhans.esp
SexoutKings.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutPowderGangers.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutHowAbout.esp
msexVeronica.esp
msexCourtesan.esp

CTD usually means missing master file (esm ) so check if you have every required file.

most ctds crash on launch, but this only crashes after loading.

I used fnvedit, so it would usually detect those on launch, and boss would too, but after sorting with boss the problem still exists.

Does it crash during the intro movie, or when it tries to load the game world? Also, do you have an existing save you can try to load? If so, please try it and see if this crash is for any load or a new game only.

If you don't have an existing save, try nexus. They have a bunch of pre-made characters of vanilla setups you can try, just for this experiments purposes.

Sorry for the lack of response. Honestly, I'm stumped. One big question: Are you using FNVEdit to make a merged patch or Wrye to make a bashed patch? Because it sounds like a conflict of some sort. Making a merged or bashed patch should straighten that conflict out. Otherwise you need to work your way through your mods, disabling them all and renabling them one or two at a time until you find the one causing the crash.

Oh, and get rid of either sexysleepwear or sexysleepwearnr. It says in the mod description not to use both together.

I did a test, and the game works fine without any sexout related mods, here's that load order

[spoiler=loadorder]GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
WMVM.esm
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
Smalltalk.esp
sexysleepwear.esp
NVWillow.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp

Is there any chance you are using a broken version of nvse or that your game itself has been damaged? (For a damaged game, you might use steam to "verify the integrity of your local game cache", and for nvse you might try re-installing it after checking your versions.)

You might try checking your *.log files in your fallout new vegas directory (ignore the .log0 file).

Another approach is to add back in mods and remove them until you find a specific one that is crashing your game.  If you are lucky the problem might become obvious when you have done so.

Besides following the advice posted above in testing one mod (and required mods ) at a time and seeing which one is the one that is causing problems.

I always but the MCM below the mods that it is controlling. I have found that to be the simplest and most secure way of resolving may conflicts and errors. I have not found it stated anywhere to do this but I seem to have far less issues and problems with both the loading and playing the mods. Besides It shouldn't hurt anything. You have it way above other large Sexout mods.

• 5 months later...

Archived