Trait to affect gender of newborn

Yes this was confirmed in the paradox forums as well, there is not easy way to change the gender of an already existing character. The way someone would have to go about it would be to create a custom script that kills the actor of the opposite wanted gender, and create a whole new one with the correct gender. Probably using some sort of character pools.

6 hours ago, thuggins said:

Baby's gender is handled in defines.

NChildbirth = {
#lots of other stuff in this segment I'm not pasting for brevity
FEMALE_CHANCE = 49
}
As far as I know this isn't possible. Someone more knowledgeable might know better.

i think it might be possible to hook on modifiers through the use of random = {} that add a multplier factor to the female_chance value thereby increasing it.  the modifiers would be based on the custom traits you make.

its a bit complicated since you need to define the parents and the child in question and whatnot.

its definitely doable imo not that i would personally spend my time on it

Yeah, I don't know if that would work. I was under the impression that defines were read once, at the time of the creation of the new game, and the values read at that time were used for the remainder of the game. I don't see modifiers used in this fashion anywhere else in the defines, so I don't know whether it would play ball with them in this definition. If it's going to be looking for a hard numerical value rather than a formula to apply every time a child is born, I would think it would fizzle.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 2:23 PM, luffyboy said:

i think it might be possible to hook on modifiers through the use of random = {} that add a multplier factor to the female_chance value thereby increasing it.  the modifiers would be based on the custom traits you make.

its a bit complicated since you need to define the parents and the child in question and whatnot.

its definitely doable imo not that i would personally spend my time on it

If this did work, it would apply to every character in the game. There doesn't appear to be a character specific attribute you can modify that influences child genders.

On 11/8/2020 at 12:08 AM, peruviandrawfag said:

wish there was a way to increase the number of sons on my character alone, I want to fill the world with my seed but then I get 5 girls in a row.

You can save right before the child is born and the reload that save to get a different gender or inherited traits. Kinda cheezy. But if you had a need you could do this to get the gender you want. Otherwise, just keep seducing the ladies to get more rolls on the baby RNG.

• 3 weeks later...