Hair troubles

IIIlll

I used to be very fond of this hair/wig in 7.5 before I started using Hook a few weeks ago. It works really well in openGL as it is a little bit transparent, but with directX and hook it becomes very transparent. It is not even available in VX anymore. My question is, if that's fixable at all and if I can get it at all in VX with hook to look like it looked in openGL? It is wig #19

The Klub 17-0010.jpg

The Klub 17-0003.jpg

Have you tried to remove all alpha from the texture ? I know it's not really a solution to what you want, but you should try it to at least get you started in that direction. I have a vague memory of that being in the right direction for a viable solution for this bug.

To clarify what I mean: is there a active mod texture overriding the original addon texture with some alpha? Compare it to the one in the addon/hairpack.

Just now, IIIlll said:

@Arse22 @Titanoboa Serpentes It is standard wig in 7.5 I dont know where it is in the game files and as far as i know it is not standard in VX. It is wig 19 in 7.5 and i havnt seen it at a mod anywhere

I dont even know how to export it from 7.5 to try in VX 

I think there was a separate addon that moved the old wigs to VX, but hard to say right now without MG, maybe someone has it in requests? As for exporting it, you would simply extract the txx of the addon and move that to VX addons. However, it doesn't sound like it will work since you don't know where it is, I dont know the txx that has the default wigs but if you find it, you'll probably have to extract them all since they are one file. The VX addon for the old wigs on MG would have been just that.

@IIIIII What you can try to do is copy the hair textures from the Archive into an ActiveMod folder and use a F_Wigs19_pass.txt to add a black specular texture. Just looking at the archive I think name is  F_Wigs19.png and the corresponding texture is cloth_bunnyears27.png. You can find the names for the ActiveMod textures in the Custom_Wigs75_AM.zip's Wigs75.ActiveMod.bs file.

10 hours ago, IIIlll said:

@Arse22 @Titanoboa Serpentesi got the wigs mod for VS from @vascosnts Thank u very much, and the wig is acceptable now. Although i would also like to remove al the reflection, glossiness and whatever other BS hook is adding to it

The Klub 17-0123.jpg

Yeah the glossiness is easy to solve by giving it a generic bump (there was a generic hair bump on MG also cloth and stuff) and copy, putting the texture in ActiveMod from the addon, this will allow you to give it a pass file. Many old hairs needs this.

55 minutes ago, Arse22 said:

..putting the texture in ActiveMod from the addon, this will allow you to give it a pass file. Many old hairs needs this.

There are a ton of hairs that are just stupid shiny no matter what light you throw at them. Isn't there a way to solve that at the base level? I don't even use hook, and I have this problem..

Just now, EJAX said:

There are a ton of hairs that are just stupid shiny no matter what light you throw at them. Isn't there a way to solve that at the base level? I don't even use hook, and I have this problem..

Well, that's what I mean I guess. Use hook, give it generic bumps and it will look x1000 better. You're basically asking to make the base game look good without Hook/reshade/ENB/etc.

edit: apparently you can also just remove the shine in the .bs file by setting it to 0 but I dont know if you want to do all that.

32 minutes ago, EJAX said:

if you mean the infamous plastic look, there is a way to fix it.
You must locate the .bsb of the hairstyle (Scenes / Shared / hair) , decode to .bs and search:
"SpecularColor Vector3f".
The value must be left at (0,0,0).

Just now, aykekarallo said:

You must locate the .bsb of the hairstyle (Scenes / Shared / hair) , decode to .bs and search:

And even as I spoke.....

Thank you, sir!  You are a gentleman and a scholar!

On 10/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, aykekarallo said:

Thanks so much, the hair looks just right now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...