Attractiveness resetting?

I've been experiencing this for a while now. I'll play for a couple of hours and find a NPC that my sim finds Extremely Attractive (which is pretty rare). At some point I'll save the game and exit. When I start up again, my sim has changed their preference for that same sim to Very Attractive or on the rare occasion even bump it down low enough where they'll just find them Attractive.

Has anyone else come across this? It's kind of irritating if you're role-playing a save where your sim is looking for that perfect someone only to find upon reloading that it isn't the person that you were looking for.

Okay, so Tina Peeping went from Basic Looking to Very Attractive. (oh god no!)

All I did was edit one of my townies in CAS and it reset my sim's attractiveness settings for everyone he knows across the entire save. Including the Extremely Attractive sim that I was going to have him marry.

I hope the attractiveness system is getting a rework because you can't use it as a dependable gameplay mechanic. If editing one NPC in CAS changes everything across the board, then there's something screwy going on. I hate bitching about it because I like the system but I'm at the point of not taking it seriously anymore in my gameplay.

4 hours ago, BatDood said:

I hope the attractiveness system is getting a rework because you can't use it as a dependable gameplay mechanic. If editing one NPC in CAS changes everything across the board, then there's something screwy going on. I hate bitching about it because I like the system but I'm at the point of not taking it seriously anymore in my gameplay

I can assure you it's not the WW Attractiveness causing that reset in CAS.

Or at least I've never seen it happen, or caught it anyway.

I edit my female sims all the time trying to make them not Basic Looking or unattractive.

You must have another mod causing it or duplicates or something else going on.

I agree the Attractiveness system needs improvements though.

With over 100 female sims, all edited, my sim only found 3-4 very attractive females and most of the rest were Basic Looking with a few unattractive.

My sim likes pretty much any size, hair color, eye color, etc.

Maybe too many are perfect and they just don't stand out enough, lol.

Active female sim asks male sim what is your attraction.

Male replies: I like red hair (female has dirty blonde hair)(quick edit female to red hair)

Male replies: I like dirty blonde hair

Changing the female hair color over and over never changes the attraction, (Male thinks female is unattractive)

All my female sims are very nice looking IMO but WW usually picks the most unlikely ones, i'e', not quite as nice as many others.

Finally got the males settings so more of them are at least Attractive anyway.

But...

How about WW telling me what they DON'T LIKE instead because the feedback now is useless.

It should be like:

Your Too Fucking Fat!

Your too skinny don't you ever eat?

Short Hair Sucks!

You need a Boob job (tits are too small)

Those jugs are gonna kill somebody.

You ruined that pretty body with tattoos go away!

etc.

Doesn't matter much because sims would even fuck an ugly woodpile if they had the chance :)

This is why I usually play with attractiveness disabled.

Discovered a cheat/workaround...

All you need to do is cheat_give the sim you like the Unique Appearance trait.

It changed a Basic Looking sim to become Extremely Attractive.

She also has the Alluring and Sexually Alluring traits but not sure if that matters or not. 

4 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I can assure you it's not the WW Attractiveness causing that reset in CAS.

Or at least I've never seen it happen, or caught it anyway.

I edit my female sims all the time trying to make them not Basic Looking or unattractive.

You must have another mod causing it or duplicates or something else going on.    

No duplicates and I have no mods that would have any impact on the Attraction system. This has been happening since the first day that I started using attraction as I noticed it very quickly. It doesn't reset every single sim but I've noticed it happening to quite a few. I'm willing to bet that if you try experimenting with it and pay close attention, you'll find the same thing.

4 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Doesn't matter much because sims would even fuck an ugly woodpile if they had the chance :)

This is why I usually play with attractiveness disabled.     

I've always played with it disabled but I've recently set my WW settings to default and I've had Attraction active just to change up my gameplay a little bit. Anything that adds more depth is welcome AFAIK. I'm just finding that I can't really rely on it.

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Discovered a cheat/workaround...

All you need to do is cheat_give the sim you like the Unique Appearance trait.

It changed a Basic Looking sim to become Extremely Attractive.

She also has the Alluring and Sexually Alluring traits but not sure if that matters or not. 

The workaround I came up with was to take the NPC that my sim was originally extremely attracted to and reset my sim's attraction based on that sim. That seems to do the trick and it doesn't change that attraction regardless of any CAS editing I do. That sim is pretty much the only one I'm concerned about as far as attraction changes go anyway. Doing it that way, I'm not creating this false positive that Unique Appearance gives. Plus, it adjusts the attractiveness of all the other sims that my sim has had contact with and it seems to stick for all of them.

I guess basically to sum it up, I'm finding that if I base my sim's attraction on another sim directly, I don't seem to have these random fluctuations as opposed to randomly generating preferences for my sim and having things change later. The problem with that solution is that it takes the mystery (ie: fun) out it and makes attraction totally predictable as you have already set up that special NPC for yours.

2 hours ago, BatDood said:

The workaround I came up with was to take the NPC that my sim was originally extremely attracted to and reset my sim's attraction based on that sim. That seems to do the trick and it doesn't change that attraction regardless of any CAS editing I do. That sim is pretty much the only one I'm concerned about as far as attraction changes go anyway. Doing it that way, I'm not creating this false positive that Unique Appearance gives. Plus, it adjusts the attractiveness of all the other sims that my sim has had contact with and it seems to stick for all of them.

I've tried something similar and ended up with all the females liking females.

Must have done something wrong... (then I had to use the WW gender command 'hetero all 100', or whatever to fix them).

The instructions are a bit confusing for me.

Wondering how it can possibly adjust all the other sims you know without any user input? 

Do they all change their hair and body shape to match your # 1?

All the females are extremely attracted to my male.

Used the first one that was already extremely attracted to my male sim and used her for a template to copy to each other sim one at a time.

Still going but mostly done.

Those same females are also attracted to most of the other few males in the game.

Unique Appearance trick doesn't work on all sims though as I've had a few that would only go to Basic.

I just don't like seeing other sims as very unattractive or unattractive.

They are all at least attractive as far as I'm concerned, lol.

But at least so far most sims are now at least attractive.  

5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Wondering how it can possibly adjust all the other sims you know without any user input? 

Do they all change their hair and body shape to match your # 1?

I guess I wasn't explaining myself properly. I do that sometimes. lol

Let's say for example, I have a NPC in my world that I want my sim to be partnered with and I want my sim to be Extremely Attracted to them. You can click on your sim and generate your sim's preferences based on that specific sim. What that does is sets your sim's attraction criteria to that NPC and that criteria will be used against all other sims in your save. I usually use the Moderate setting but you can set it to Opinionated which really narrows things down and makes it very hard to find other Extremely Attractive NPCs other than your #1. That's what I meant when I said it adjusts the attractiveness of all other sims.

Let's say the NPC you picked has black hair. Any blondes or red heads will be set lower for your sim because they don't match the criteria of the sim you used. Once again, the amount will vary based on the intensity you used. Personally I really like the variety as I don't really want everybody to be really attracted to everybody. It just puts the game into sexual easy mode otherwise.

Unique Appearance trick doesn't work on all sims though as I've had a few that would only go to Basic.

I just don't like seeing other sims as very unattractive or unattractive.

They are all at least attractive as far as I'm concerned, lol.

But at least so far most sims are now at least attractive.  

Basically from my experience with Unique Appearance, if you give it to your sim it doesn't necessarily mean that every NPC will find your sim extremely attractive. For instance; if a NPC finds your sim very unattractive to start with, it doesn't mean that they'll magically become extremely attracted. It's just bumps the level up a couple. But if they're already fairly attracted, Unique Appearance guarantees Extremely Attracted.

Speaking of unattractive; I actually like to use it as a game mechanic. If my sim finds an unattractive sim, I like to have that sim come over for booty calls occasionally. The reason being is that your sim will get an Inspired buff for quite some time because that sim was not quite their type. It works great with thoughtful showers and other vanilla mechanics for your creative sims when painting or wood working, writing, etc. That doesn't mean the your sim has to bang ugly sims to get inspired. It just means that your sim isn't attracted to that sim even though you as the player might personally find them gorgeous.

But coming back full circle, when I start a new playthrough using my master file, I'll immediately randomly regenerate all preferences for every sim in my save before I start playing. That way I can use the same save multiple times without having the same attractiveness results every single playthrough which would make things too predictable and boring. The problem that I'm having is that method doesn't seem to stick and for some reason, attractiveness levels will change from doing something as simple as editing a NPC in CAS. I think there's some kind of bug or issue with the Attractiveness system that's doing it.

6 hours ago, BatDood said:

Basically from my experience with Unique Appearance, if you give it to your sim it doesn't necessarily mean that every NPC will find your sim extremely attractive. For instance; if a NPC finds your sim very unattractive to start with, it doesn't mean that they'll magically become extremely attracted. It's just bumps the level up a couple. But if they're already fairly attracted, Unique Appearance guarantees Extremely Attracted.

Yes I do have a couple of stubborn sims that won't go above Basic even using those traits but that will do for now.

Editing them more usually makes them worse, lol. 

Thanks for explaining things better BTW.

For my play style I prefer to not be restricted by basing my sims attraction solely on one special sim but I get where you're coming from.

(My male teen sim is somewhat of a 'player' but without having the actual trait).

I've never used any of the Automatic Generate Attractiveness menus I always use manual mode for each sim and use copy attractions from another sim.

Except for the one time I made them all lesbians, lol.

(I use the Control Any Sim mod to take control of the female NPC's to alter their attractions).

But I haven't noticed any other sims being changed after editing any of those stubborn sims though.

Maybe too hard to even notice with over 100 female sims so...

Not to crazy about WW changing the moods after sex though but it's tolerable.

I just cheat by placing the Magnetic Knife Racks on the kitchen wall to get Inspired for cooking.

And place some VIP Buckets in the living room/bedroom to get Flirty moodlets.

I also place some along the front by the sidewalks for walkbys and visitors to put them in the mood.

Left-Roswell-Basic, Center-Maid-Attractive, Right-Landgraab-Extremely Attractive.

Maybe I'm just curious as to understanding why my sim thinks Roswell is only Basic because it won't tell me why.

3 sims.jpg

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Yes I do have a couple of stubborn sims that won't go above Basic even using those traits but that will do for now.

Editing them more usually makes them worse, lol. 

Thanks for explaining things better BTW.

For my play style I prefer to not be restricted by basing my sims attraction solely on one special sim but I get where you're coming from.

(My male teen sim is somewhat of a 'player' but without having the actual trait).

Normally, I don't base my sim's settings on one particular sim at all. As I mentioned; when I start a new playthrough, I'll randomly generate preferences for every single sim in my save including my own. I really like the mystery of finding that extremely attractive sim that my sim wants.

The only time a do base my sim's attractiveness on one NPC is when I've already established who the extremely attractive sim is but the settings get changed for some unknown reason. It's kind of irritating to be honest and I wish I knew why they are randomly getting changed.

I have 'player' sims as well but they'll have fun with anybody attractive and above. It's only my family-oriented sims where I'll try to scope out the extremely attractive one.

Not to crazy about WW changing the moods after sex though but it's tolerable.

I just cheat by placing the Magnetic Knife Racks on the kitchen wall to get Inspired for cooking.

And place some VIP Buckets in the living room/bedroom to get Flirty moodlets.

I also place some along the front by the sidewalks for walkbys and visitors to put them in the mood.

I don't mind the moodlets to be honest as I'll use the predictable ones in gameplay. The ones that I'm not crazy about are the Playful moodlets you get from public sex. I would really like to see that changed to Confident because if you think about it, it would sure take a lot of confidence to have sex in front of a group of people in a public place. But it is what it is and Turbo has his reasons for setting it up the way it is. Also the moodlets when an established couple have sex. Couple moodlets just seem too random.

7 hours ago, BatDood said:

Normally, I don't base my sim's settings on one particular sim at all. As I mentioned; when I start a new playthrough, I'll randomly generate preferences for every single sim in my save including my own. I really like the mystery of finding that extremely attractive sim that my sim wants.

Oh I see, my current save is a bit old and just recently enabled WW personalities and attractiveness to play around more with them.

My sim just went on vacation in Outdoor Retreat deep woods to fish for the 3 more rares I needed.

Met the Hermit and boy was she ugly, and WW even thought so too, lol.

After tweaking her in CAS she came back as basic.

Second edit I changed her skin tone to match my male sim and then she came back as very attractive so maybe that's a major attraction factor.

It would seem there are certain priorities that take precedent above all other minor details. 

Maybe like majors & minors.

Adding glasses and piercings don't change their attractiveness even though my sim hates them.

Just wish I knew more about the inner workings.

But it keeps me entertained just trying different things in CAS to see the end result :)

12 hours ago, Scorpio said:

It would seem there are certain priorities that take precedent above all other minor details. 

Maybe like majors & minors.

Adding glasses and piercings don't change their attractiveness even though my sim hates them.

Just wish I knew more about the inner workings.

But it keeps me entertained just trying different things in CAS to see the end result :)

I would love to know more about the inner workings myself. Asking NPCs about their preferences reveals information and I've run tests where I've changed my sim based on those preferences with very little effect. If, as you suggest, there IS major/minor details, that would be good information to know.

As far as attractiveness changing, I understand that the mechanic should be fluid. For instance, if my sim is specifically into blondes who are adults, it would make sense that any NPC who ages would become less attractive because they've become an elder with gray hair. I'm absolutely fine with any kind of changes like that. But these random changes that are happening are boggling my mind.

Just yesterday, I played and edited a random NPC in CAS. Not even one that my sim has met yet. When I went back into my household and checked my sim's friends list, ALL attractiveness details were missing. It's almost as if WW was regenerating attractiveness details all over again. I had my sim travel to another lot and it refreshed them all. Most were intact as they were before but a few were changed and that shouldn't be happening as I never touched those sims in CAS. It's weird.

3 hours ago, BatDood said:

Just yesterday, I played and edited a random NPC in CAS. Not even one that my sim has met yet. When I went back into my household and checked my sim's friends list, ALL attractiveness details were missing. It's almost as if WW was regenerating attractiveness details all over again.

Switching played households might have caused it that time, but it still sounds like you have a unique bug possibly from some obscure mod that should have nothing to do with it.

(Like Bouncing Boobies causing the Toilets to go silent when flushing for example, totally unrelated you would think).

( I have had some other strange things going on in the past when switching households long ago, only without attractiveness enabled).

It's why I always use 'Control Any Sim' and use MCCC full edit on them for editing.

Basically it brings the NPC into MY household to also become a temp. active, much like adding another sim to the family.

And I only use the household management for splitting/merging/moving sims around.

Pretty sure WW scans active sims, and other relationships every so many seconds anyway.

But switching & playing a new NPC basically freezes your other played household.

WW doesn't update other non-played sims but only the active one + friends list.

Each sim, when either played or controlled by a mod, has to generate, track, and update, their own list I think.  

WW claims it's constantly scanning for changes and making adjustments.

I used to have problems with both my sim and NPC's gaining weight or muscles over time from daily activities.

Found a mod called 'no fat no muscle gain' at MTS, they are zip files installed without extracting them.

Now all the sims stay the same after editing them.

(Might have some impact on changing attractiveness)

Used to have a Salon/Tattoo type lot and NPC's would go there and get makeup, hairstyles/colors, and clothing changed along with Tattoos sometimes.

(But they would only show up if my active sim was visiting and I didn't have attractiveness enabled back then)

Had some other new randoms spawn in the Woods since I re-enabled NPCC to allow randoms.

Outdoor Retreat needed to spawn the Hermit, Park Rangers, and the Bear plus a few hikers/campers.

One of the randoms had EA Black hair and some EA makeup but was large on the bottom and small on the top end.

After a friendly introduction my sim thought she was attractive, hmm.

Well she didn't look to shabby in the face anyway so I did some editing on the body and added some details and cc makeup but left the hair alone.

Seemed to be still OK afterwards but the dang Hermit followed me back to the ranger station and interrupted me from finishing testing so she left.

Had to quit playing so I'll continue today so I'll just return my sim to the cabin and invite her over for more testing.

My goal is to find out what changes make that NPC become unattractive or basic looking as I suspect it's the hairstyle or color that might be one major factor.

(It is also something that my sim has commented on before when being asked about attractions but usually it's about the color)

(Only once did my sim comment on liking long hair which I thought odd because that female did have long cc hair)

(Still got a hunch WW doesn't detect all cc hair colors, lengths, or styles properly except for maybe black and maybe a few others hit only by chance)   

38 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Switching played households might have caused it that time, but it still sounds like you have a unique bug possibly from some obscure mod that should have nothing to do with it.

Sorry for my wording. I should have said "Just yesterday, I played the game and edited a random NPC in CAS".

Here's the thing - I didn't switch households. I had my played household, went into Manage Worlds, edited the NPC in question in CAS and then went immediately back to my played household. When I checked my sim's friends list, all attractiveness details were missing and travelling to another lot regenerated them. (I don't know if they're necessarily being 'regenerated' or not). You're right though - maybe I have an obscure mod that's having a strange effect.

38 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

My goal is to find out what changes make that NPC become unattractive or basic looking as I suspect it's the hairstyle or color that might be one major factor.

I would be interested in any results or insights you come up with because after all the testing and playing around with the Attraction system in my setup, I still haven't come across the elusive Attractiveness settings that do what I want.

35 minutes ago, BatDood said:

I had my played household, went into Manage Worlds, edited the NPC in question in CAS and then went immediately back to my played household.

This is the other point I tried to get across but I think you missed it or I didn't explain it right.

I NEVER use manage households to edit sims I only use MCCC with CAS_full_edit_mode cheat enabled.

I can even edit them remotely if they are in my relationships panel without having to actually see them.

Although they may not get updated by WW attractions right away.

This may be why I haven't seen any resets or glitches so it's something to try at least.

It's always better if the sim being edited is invited over first, or at least present and 'hanging out' or around the area in person.

You can click on any sim you see in the area to use MCCC and edit them which is the whole beauty of using it without having to first go into manage worlds.

MCCC also has a teleport function to bring any world sim, or zone sim, to your location, but only seems to work if your sim is on home lot.

This works for finding sims you don't know yet, but beware as they will try to escape first chance they get.

So pause the game and lock all the doors so they can't leave.

Then you have time to do an introduction first and/or 'ask to hang out'.

All you have to do then is edit them using MCCC.

They don't run away now so you have more time to test and play around with things.

Just unlock the doors when you're done, lol.   

21 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

This is the other point I tried to get across but I think you missed it or I didn't explain it right.

I NEVER use manage households to edit sims I only use MCCC with CAS_full_edit_mode cheat enabled.

I can even edit them remotely if they are in my relationships panel without having to actually see them.

Although they may not get updated by WW attractions right away.

This may be why I haven't seen any resets or glitches so it's something to try at least.

It's always better if the sim being edited is invited over first, or at least present and 'hanging out' or around the area in person.

You can click on any sim you see in the area to use MCCC and edit them which is the whole beauty of using it without having to first go into manage worlds.

MCCC also has a teleport function to bring any world sim, or zone sim, to your location, but only seems to work if your sim is on home lot.

This works for finding sims you don't know yet, but beware as they will try to escape first chance they get.

So pause the game and lock all the doors so they can't leave.

Then you have time to do an introduction first and/or 'ask to hang out'.

All you have to do then is edit them using MCCC.

They don't run away now so you have more time to test and play around with things.

Just unlock the doors when you're done, lol.   

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely try that and if it works okay, get into the habit of editing my NPCs that way.

The reason why I use Manage Worlds is because periodically, I can scan through all the households and edit them all up as the need arises. Yes, I'm anal like that as I like to micromanage my world to avoid Maxis travesties. Thanks to MCCC, any generated NPCs are pulled directly from my library so CAS'ing them up is trivial. They are all very easy to locate and I can do them in one pass because, let's face it, this game has a knack for creating the most screwed up looking sims. I find that the vital time in editing is when they start breeding and creating new generations. That's when the Maxis funky outfits really begin showing up.

But if that's what is causing my issues, then a new method of playing is going to be required on my part. It really sucks though because using the Manage Worlds function is an easy part of the game but it wouldn't be the first issue this game has in relation to mods.

21 minutes ago, BatDood said:

this game has a knack for creating the most screwed up looking sims.

This is why I also use Paulson's NPCC mod to prevent the game from spawning all those randoms.

I only turn it back on when I visit vacation worlds for the first time and when enough new one's are spawned I turn it back off.

I have plenty of sims in my game already and don't want, or need, any more.

Wicked Whims is the only baby maker I use and pregnancy is enabled only when I want it, lol.

I got tired of having so many new sims to keep editing all the time.

I also have MCCC settings to prevent auto marriage, proposals, flirting, and homeless moving in.

Vanilla game breeding is set to zero except for elders which I have none since aging is turned off.

But it can still be somewhat controlled even with aging on as long as the elders are single.

(They have to be married to have kids so I suppose this could also apply to any other age group as long as they weren't married)

(Another MCCC setting I think)

All culling is disabled with MCCC too.

I was just using manage households to scan through them for new(ugly) spawns.

Then I just delete them, lol. 

This is why I also use Paulson's NPCC mod to prevent the game from spawning all those randoms.

I only turn it back on when I visit vacation worlds for the first time and when enough new one's are spawned I turn it back off.

I have plenty of sims in my game already and don't want, or need, any more.

Wicked Whims is the only baby maker I use and pregnancy is enabled only when I want it, lol.

I got tired of having so many new sims to keep editing all the time.

I'm assuming you have aging turned off as well. Otherwise your world will run out of sims at some point and NPCC will still allow respawns for jobs as required, even though new spawns are turned off. As I'm sure you're already aware from private discussions, I use that mod as well and have been for awhile.

I have aging turned on in my game but the only new spawns I get are the ones through birth (and vacation worlds). I have birth enabled in MCCC but very minimally. The reason for that is because I ran into an issue where my world was running out of sims fairly quickly when elders started dying off and WW wasn't keeping up with demand that I needed. Even though I was using NPCC, new EA spawns were being generated for service jobs. I could have set WW to more extreme settings but I didn't want to do that. It took a lot of trial and error to come up with a pregnancy rate between the two that was suitable for my gameplay and keep my populace balanced out. The trade-off is that I have to monitor new sims when they age up to teens but at least they aren't EA's green-haired horror shows.

Side note: I've been using your suggestion for CAS editing with MCCC only and I don't seem to be running into any issues related to Attraction so far, so I think Manage Worlds might be the culprit. Once again - MCCC to the rescue. :D

2 hours ago, BatDood said:

reason for that is because I ran into an issue where my world was running out of sims fairly quickly when elders started dying off

Yes it happens with aging on as I've done this play style before too.

What I did was set the game to the longest lifespan and then set MCCC to even more.

100 days Teen, 200 days Young Adult and 200 days for Adult.

Kids and Elders were set quite low.

If/when I wanted to age a sim up I'd just use MCCC to do it manually.

26 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Yes it happens with aging on as I've done this play style before too.

What I did was set the game to the longest lifespan and then set MCCC to even more.

100 days Teen, 200 days Young Adult and 200 days for Adult.

Kids and Elders were set quite low.

If/when I wanted to age a sim up I'd just use MCCC to do it manually.

I have my settings set to Normal but customized longer through MCCC. It's a mix between Normal and Long. I just get bored seeing the same sims over and over again and I welcome new generations. If by some slim chance a random NPC gets spawned in, they come directly from my library so I'm already guaranteed that they will be someone I want to keep in the save. These settings keep the same save fresh for me. If I played with your settings, I'd never get through the first generation without starting all over again out of boredom. lol As I mentioned, it took a lot of trial and error to settle in on the settings that I currently have and they suit my playstyle perfectly. Jobs are always filled and everyone's lookin' pretty.

1 hour ago, BatDood said:

I have my settings set to Normal but customized longer through MCCC. It's a mix between Normal and Long. I just get bored seeing the same sims over and over again and I welcome new generations. If by some slim chance a random NPC gets spawned in, they come directly from my library so I'm already guaranteed that they will be someone I want to keep in the save. These settings keep the same save fresh for me. If I played with your settings, I'd never get through the first generation without starting all over again out of boredom. lol As I mentioned, it took a lot of trial and error to settle in on the settings that I currently have and they suit my playstyle perfectly. Jobs are always filled and everyone's lookin' pretty.

Oh I see why now, it just has to do with your play style.

Guess I'm different as I like to see familiar faces so it's probably why.

Hated to see Bella Goth, Nancy Landgraab, and Eliza Pancakes vanish from my game because I do like some of the original sims.

My sim just gets them pregnant and I get to have some variety.

Then I just age them up to Teens or YA's right away but I still have to edit them anyway so it's a wash either way.

Started playing around with my female test subject and changed the skin tone to match my male sim and no changes.

Then changed the EA hair to a random black color cc hair medium length and straight down the  back and no changes.

So I thought why not try the hairstyle that one of my stubborn sims was using with the dirty blonde color.

That did it... now she is instantly very unattractive so I will test the black next.

Should at least determine if it's the color choice or the cc hairstyle itself.

The bad news is I have all my cc hairstyles merged into two large files so I can't find the author.

Although I do have unmerged single file backups I could install to find out.

EDIT: Changing the color to black made no difference so it has to be the cc hairstyle itself, it's one of Nightcrawlers.

My sim is set to like short, medium, long and straight, curly, wavy types and many colors.

Tested another black random hair by Nightcrawler and she is still very unattractive.

Anto hairstyles bring her back to attractive at least but not 'very' or 'extremely' so there must be other major factors besides hair.

It's a shame because I really like some of Nightcrawlers hairstyles.

Probably a few other authors hairs are doing it too so I have to do more testing and checking other sims to see what they are using.

Already added the Unique Appearance trait to several sims to get them higher but it doesn't work for all. 

EDIT: Changing the color to black made no difference so it has to be the cc hairstyle itself, it's one of Nightcrawlers.

My sim is set to like short, medium, long and straight, curly, wavy types and many colors.

Tested another black random hair by Nightcrawler and she is still very unattractive.

Anto hairstyles bring her back to attractive at least but not 'very' or 'extremely' so there must be other major factors besides hair.

It's a shame because I really like some of Nightcrawlers hairstyles.

Probably a few other authors hairs are doing it too so I have to do more testing and checking other sims to see what they are using.

Already added the Unique Appearance trait to several sims to get them higher but it doesn't work for all. 

I'm assuming the issue is that Nightcrawler's cc doesn't have all the tags required to play nicely with WW? I know it's not Alpha but maybe try Vanilla hair and see what kind of result you get.

On 10/25/2020 at 10:01 PM, BatDood said:

I'm assuming the issue is that Nightcrawler's cc doesn't have all the tags required to play nicely with WW? I know it's not Alpha but maybe try Vanilla hair and see what kind of result you get.

Yes just tried it on a stubborn sim and no changes.

2 other existing NPC's came wandering by and I noticed they were both unattractive so I checked them in CAS and they both had Nightcrawler hairs.

Switched them both to another cc hair and they both became attractive so it does work some of the time anyway.

Sometimes they only improve from very unattractive to basic looking which is still OK by me.

They only seem to improve by 2 steps max when by changing the hair alone, or else has no impact at all.

Edit: well the last one I just edited went from very unattractive to attractive so that's a 3 step improvement. 

Made an oops, most of my replacement hairstyles are by Simpliaty and not Anto although they seem to work too. 

• 2 years later...

I have the same thing happening as the attractiveness settings on my played sim keeps resetting as I am playing and I noticed the attraction to certain sims I do not want my sim with keeps changing.  Also, last night my sim let a very unattractive sim kiss him in front of the sims kid but it was called chat with the ugly sim....they were kissing!  I am not liking any of this since the new updated WW keeps changing my settings, or the settings go back to no settings and I have to keep putting his preferences in over and over.  Yes, I have the same problem .. makes me want to just not have the WW anymore but the game does the same thing making sims randomly flirt.  Also, the traits are not true to the sims because my Socially Avoidant sim just got the people person lifestyle while talking to other sims he visited and constantly during and after setting he wants to talk to friends and over 100 faces to go through every other whim.... it's nuts and I hate what my game has become (find and seek game)!  That is the new whims in game but WW does the same making things random to complicate and hurt relationships.  I personally do not like the randomness!  I have a loyal, creative, genius sim who is not very smart and not loyal to true friends but loyal to bad sims who are evil, thieves, or  mostly something bad about them but when I change them my loyal sim never wants to talk to them anymore!  Such great animations but programming sucks!  I just want a happy sim with a happy life, but I guess that will not happen. Too bad because the New updates usually makes things worse for excitement?  I do not like