5 hours ago, DatWombat said:

Go ahead and send me a copy of your model_char. 

It's a bit of a long shot, but I have an idea.

I want to compare the current and preexisting skeletons of these characters. If the rigs are the same, in theory it would be possible to literally replace the models with the old ones.

Although to be fair, I think folk already tried this.

If the rigs are not the same, in theory I could attempt to transfer the weights of the new models to the old models, then delete the new meshes and then export to the game.

Failing that, it should be possible to replace the meshes and repaint by hand the weights.

Here you go! Best of luck!

https://pixeldrain.com/u/JiJfr2zK

EDIT: Oh, and a probably unnecessary recap: What I did here was take a pristine model_char file from before the change that broke all of moderchan's mods. Then I applied the old versions of the full nude Rinko and Su mods to it. If you just load this into the game as is, many of the characters look normal, but anything that's changed since then is pretty garbled, and both Rinko and Su look like a mess (they also look like a mess if you load the file without applying moderchan's mods)

Edited by jpackinwood

Hey all, progress update.

I had the day off so I took the time to publish a review, update a mod and most relevantly, continue work on Rin.

I got a little creative with the default topology ad managed to sculpt a. . . relatively smooth pussy for Rin. It's not quite as detailed as Moderchan's, but my vertice count is quite a bit more efficient than the original model!

At this point, I think I just need to finish painting Rin and make a few adjustments to her mesh, here and there. 

Once I finish this model, I plan on documenting all of my work from start to finish as a modding resource. 

ApplicationFrameHost_9rKtAdOJq9.jpg

20230620211938_1.jpg

18 hours ago, DatWombat said:

Hey all, progress update.

I had the day off so I took the time to publish a review, update a mod and most relevantly, continue work on Rin.

I got a little creative with the default topology ad managed to sculpt a. . . relatively smooth pussy for Rin. It's not quite as detailed as Moderchan's, but my vertice count is quite a bit more efficient than the original model!

At this point, I think I just need to finish painting Rin and make a few adjustments to her mesh, here and there. 

Once I finish this model, I plan on documenting all of my work from start to finish as a modding resource. 

ApplicationFrameHost_9rKtAdOJq9.jpg

20230620211938_1.jpg

awesome so will there be a update to have all the girls nude? 

I love you are giving love to those who got left behind after Modderchan dipped.

Rin is a wonder to behold and a thunderous start to your modding journey! (pun very much intended ~_^) 

Looking forward to whatever you work on in the future and thanks for reigniting our passion for the game!

Edited by 201193
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 8:46 AM, jpackinwood said:

@DatWombat Did you have a chance to look at Rinko and Su to see if their nudes are salvageable from that model_char? (I'm guessing there's nothing ready to release or we'd have an update, but I was curious if you had any preliminary findings)

Hey,

Sorry I haven't done much work on mods as of recent. I have a lot of IRL stuff going on.

38 minutes ago, DatWombat said:

Hey,

Sorry I haven't done much work on mods as of recent. I have a lot of IRL stuff going on.

Glad you havent given up on modding the game.

Looking forwards to your future projects and good luck with the irl stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 2:05 PM, Meh1987 said:

DatWombat, your mod is awesome. Great work!

Credit where it's due, the mod itself is an old Moderchan mod. DatWombat's contribution here is a new installation method.

He was also working on some new ones at one point, notably a mod for Uehara Rin, but looks like life stuff got in the way and that's not been picked back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Very very long article, but here's some tips to do mod.By the way, I am finding partners. Using Photoshop very well or 3D model building very well! If someone need any original files also let me know, I can send you one.

Just give me .png or .fbx, I will do the rest of work, make it to mod.exe!

1.Some software and links you might need to use!

AssetStudioGUI
https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio/releases/tag/v0.16.47
UABEAvalonia
https://github.com/nesrak1/UABEA/releases

AssetBundleExtractor
https://github.com/sst311212/UABE/releases

2.If you need to edit mesh or change models, Please DO NOT USE BLENDER ! Maybe there's other 3d model software for action taimanin, but i only know "maya" can edit 3d model for action taimanin!

3.Here's step to edit 3d models and do a mod.exe!
Copy the files(ex:model_char...etc) before you change it.

1.use AssetStudioGUI open model_char
2.find out charbody(which you want to edit)right click "go to scene hierarchy"
3.check all fbx
4.Model→Export selected object(split)
5.use maya to edit fbx
6.use maya export selection file type fbx(use the original file name)
7.use unity open fbx
8.scale 1→100→apply
9.pull the fbx into the window
10.x0 y0 z0
11.file→build and setting→build
12.use UABEAvalonia open your unity object →My project_Data→sharedassets0.assets
13.use UABEAvalonia export raw.dat(change the file name"charbody.dat" or "charhair"etc)
14.use AssetBundleExtractor import raw.dat
15.make mod.exe
16.exe the mod.exe, and open you action taimanin to see if it is working! If fail then delete files and copy the back up.

4.some tips in maya
1.left click the charbody at the left list
2.press the right click and choose vertex mode/face/edge
3.edit by vertex/face/edge.
4.In vertex mode, double left click can choose many vertex.
5.If you delete many vertex, it will be many faces.
use4. 5. to fast delete things
ctrl+delete to delete vertex/face edge.
6.alt+mousewheel+move your mouse=move camera.
7.rotate cube right above=rotate camera 

5.no need any talent to draw pictures or 3d models, I can't either. But I can delete faces, lines, and verticles in maya, to taking off clothes!
Here's my result!

image.png.e740c608edd12fc1c8cfeaadde4c6fe8.png

• 3 weeks later...