Adding Devious Device Effect to New Armor

Title basically says it all - I am wondering how to add devious device effects to other armor mods. Don't mind having to edit or create a script to do it myself, but I don't know where to start with this. Specifically I would like to be able to apply the extreme hobble dress effect as I am using a jiangshi armor, and jiangshi are also known as a Chinese hopping zombie. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

It is not a script, but CK/Tes5Edit work. While normal device consist of two parts - armor and armor addon, devious device consist of four: armor addon is still there, rendered item (armor, but is isn't named, and so not interactable), inventory item (named armor, that player actually interacts with), and device script, attached to inventory item. Best way to convert existing armor to devious device is to find best matching existing device, copy its rendered item and inventory item parts to your mod, and then edit, changing names, changing links between them, and setting rendered item linking to armor addon of your armor. Script doesn't need to be edited if you are using vanilla devious functionality.

You don't need to add scripts. You just need to change the scripts used. It has been awhile so I don't know how best to describe the process. There are actually two armors used in making a devious device. The first armor otherwise known as the inventory armor houses the scripts used to control when the second armor is equipped and unequipped. The second armor also known as the rendered armor invisible in your inventory but visible on your character. Me I still use TES5Edit for this so that is what I suggest to start with. To make this work make sure the inventory armor references both the inventory and the Rendered armors. Add keywords as necessary. The spoiler is just to save room.

Spoiler

1973377335_Screenshot(30)_LI.thumb.jpg.53a138f325443bf14fc08f7dbde93718.jpg1352487303_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.adcfd1879096e7186b9e8f3e85e4873c.png1711302397_Screenshot(32).thumb.png.9514a5fbf4c82145fcbca4a1165be40c.png

8 hours ago, Darkpig said:

You don't need to add scripts. You just need to change the scripts used. It has been awhile so I don't know how best to describe the process. There are actually two armors used in making a devious device. The first armor otherwise known as the inventory armor houses the scripts used to control when the second armor is equipped and unequipped. The second armor also known as the rendered armor invisible in your inventory but visible on your character. Me I still use TES5Edit for this so that is what I suggest to start with. To make this work make sure the inventory armor references both the inventory and the Rendered armors. Add keywords as necessary. The spoiler is just to save room.

Reveal hidden contents

1973377335_Screenshot(30)_LI.thumb.jpg.53a138f325443bf14fc08f7dbde93718.jpg1352487303_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.adcfd1879096e7186b9e8f3e85e4873c.png1711302397_Screenshot(32).thumb.png.9514a5fbf4c82145fcbca4a1165be40c.png

Thank you very much for the info and included pictures. 

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2020 at 7:10 AM, Darkpig said:

Hide contents

is there a way that you can make a short video for it? try to get effects for outfits from predator. but well. idk shit hahaha

9 hours ago, adle said:

is there a way that you can make a short video for it? try to get effects for outfits from predator. but well. idk shit hahaha

That would require audio recording equipment that I don't have. Maybe I could do a silent video. Don't know where I'd post it though. YouTube has gone to shit.

I assume by Predator you mean Predators - The Lost Tribes mods right? I don't personally use the mod as new race mods makes my character teleport randomly which I hear is a common issue. As for the problems you are having I can only guess. Still I'd like to help if I can. If you could explain the exact problem maybe I could help.

10 hours ago, Darkpig said:

That would require audio recording equipment that I don't have. Maybe I could do a silent video. Don't know where I'd post it though. YouTube has gone to shit.

I assume by Predator you mean Predators - The Lost Tribes mods right? I don't personally use the mod as new race mods makes my character teleport randomly which I hear is a common issue. As for the problems you are having I can only guess. Still I'd like to help if I can. If you could explain the exact problem maybe I could help.

Hi mate ? thanks for your reply.

no Predator. he is an outfit creator. also on parteon. he have some outfits with plugs and so one. which i want to add dd effects actually. But i think if you could make a silent video, and upload it somewhere, it could help alot of people.

sincerely 

• 1 month later...

On 9/11/2020 at 10:10 PM, Darkpig said:

Hide contents

This is something I've been looking for for years. Will have to experiment later. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 4:26 AM, Darkpig said:

im still open for an tutorial ? dont want to bother you. but im just to stupid. 

no no. i mean the outfits from Predator. he have some outfits for BHUNP with dildos and vibrators and so on. im sure you already seen them

Edited by adle
5 hours ago, adle said:

im still open for an tutorial ? dont want to bother you. but im just to stupid. 

no no. i mean the outfits from Predator. he have some outfits for BHUNP with dildos and vibrators and so on. im sure you already seen them

Sorry. I feel like I promised something that wasn't going to happen. All I can say is find other sources of information and experiment.

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 7:10 AM, Darkpig said:

You don't need to add scripts.

With a bit more effort you could have created a great and probably the only guide how to make custom DDs ?

At least the screenshot kept me trying lol

The most important part: "You don't need to add scripts." and "I do it in tes5edit"

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to do something similar, playing as a male PC but lots of mods still put the male in the giving position even when he's wearing a belt.

I've seen the RandomSex NG mod has an option to force female role and I'd like to apply this effect to a belt item. The problem I'm running into is finding that 'function' and adding it to an item. I don't have a great understanding of CK but I have made some simple replacer mods in the past.

• 6 months later...

I'm trying to turn the Aradia harness outfit into a dd chasity harness. What I seem to be missing is the rendered object. Do I have to create it? I'm going back and forth between creation kit and xedit and I don't see a rendered version of a leather or ebonite harness. I see rendered versions of gag harnesses, chain harnesses, and rope harnesses. I see scriptinstances and inventory items.

Looking through xedit, the dd expansion zadx_harnesschasityinventory 

image.thumb.png.0419a99fbf88c4361a9efa0410f218af.png

I'm not seeing that it actually references a rendered object. It says it references an object "deviceRendered", but what is that? My attempt to understand these things is limited to the info available what I'm able to discover on my own. I'm at a stand still and so my current modding escapades go down rabbit holes and never surface. I like that I'm getting closer to doing what I want to do, even if it's just a little increment. 

Edited by Tseverin