Looking for some FNIS and SLAL help!

Hi there. New poster so please go easy on me.

I am having some issues getting FNIS or SLAL to recognise I have new animation packs installed in my mod loader. For a specific example I downloaded billyy's animations for SLAL. When I run FNIS it doesn't show this pack among the animations it's reading, and upon opening the game I cannot find it in SLAL. Could anyone give me pointers on a fix? There are probably more details needed so I can provide them as necessary.

As a bonus question and to save making an entirely new thread: is there any way to force animations to run regardless of species or model? Just a mild curiosity. Thank you!

I'd say dig into your game folder and see if those animations are in the right place since FNIS isn't finding them. Animations run on tags I think and you may be able to change the tags for animations to run when you want, but the positions of characters won't be right. Might be wrong on the second answer.

Just now, KoolHndLuke said:

I'd say dig into your game folder and see if those animations are in the right place since FNIS isn't finding them. Animations run on tags I think and you may be able to change the tags for animations to run when you want, but the positions of characters won't be right. Might be wrong on the second answer.

That fixed it! I still cant make my character bang the thing I want it to bang admittedly despite having animations for it, BUT I have got the animation packs now! Thanks for your help!

1 minute ago, bigoleel said:

That fixed it! I still cant make my character bang the thing I want it to bang admittedly despite having animations for it, BUT I have got the animation packs now! Thanks for your help!

Not really sure about that since I've never had that problem. Might want to check the mod page for more info.

13 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Not really sure about that since I've never had that problem. Might want to check the mod page for more info.

Yeah it's just a case of me having all the mods I need to bang something installed, but no animations playing when they should. Either way I fixed the problem I posted for and I don't wanna spam the forum with loads of new topics going "hey how i do this." so I'm gonna futz around with mods and see if I can make it work for now. Thanks again for your help!

21 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

You do realise that the animations don't do anything themselves and need to be called by another mod? Put another way, what mod or mods are you using to start/cause/invoke (or whatever the damned word is) the sex.

Oh yes I'm aware of this. The mods in question just don't seem to be calling the animation. Like I said above though don't worry. I really don't want to bother people with more inane questions/fixes and the main issue of the topic has been fixed, so I'll see if I can figure it out myself. If all else fails I'll just do the good old uninstall-reinstall trick.

so I'll see if I can figure it out myself

Good thing.

If all else fails I'll just do the good old uninstall-reinstall

Bad thing. Very rare that a complete reinstall is the answer and more likely than not you will just repeat your mistakes ans recreate the problem.

Do you have all the requirements for all of the mods?

Does the FNIS output report any errors?

Have you enabled and registered the animations in SLAL?

Are the animation packs you have downloaded for Skyrim LE and not SE?

If stuck then ask.

21 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Good thing.

Bad thing. Very rare that a complete reinstall is the answer and more likely than not you will just repeat your mistakes ans recreate the problem.

Do you have all the requirements for all of the mods?

Does the FNIS output report any errors?

Have you enabled and registered the animations in SLAL?

Are the animation packs you have downloaded for Skyrim LE and not SE?

If stuck then ask.

Oh don't worry uninstalling is only last resort, after all other plausible options are exhausted. It wasn't neccesary in this case howeverl; I followed your advice and now my character is banging the character I wanted it to bang. I think one of the animations was showing as registered when it wasn't because I basically re-registered it and now it works just fine. I think that's thread over at this point, thanks for your help!