I've got a question/gripe. Ever since I installed the latest version of Whims I don't seem to be able to initiate group sex. Every time my sims are having sex and they try to "invite to join" with another sim I get the message that their relationship is too "weak." I have global jealousy off, open relationships is on, every sim involved has polyamorous trait, adulterer trait, yet I get this message and the sim invited refuses to join in. Every sim involved are also "good" friends. Although being good friends shouldn't matter. It's kinda killing my gameplay. If I want to initiate group sex anywhere (residential lot, nightclub etc) it will not do it. 

You might need to manually change their gender preferences (either using console commands found at WW's website or MCCC's relationship module), in order to make them all "compatible". I've even had a case of this myself, where apparently 100 percent preference for both male and female partners was the cause.

Another thing you can try is setting "always accept" (Sex > Cheats) to at least half - that way, it'll still respect preferences and relationships. You can also set it to full and additionally increase sex autonomy to "extreme", putting your game into "full orgy mode" as a last resort measure (this often flips all the right switches, although it's a bit like carpet bombing to kill an ant).

Some of the more recently added WW gender settings are set to straight sex as defaults.

It prevents other sims from joining unless they are bi-sexual since they are now considered joining with both a male and a female.

The WW gender settings can remove this restriction but might also cause both genders to start pestering your active sim for sex.

Thanks for the response. Crashdown I'm not sure what you mean by "MCCC Relationship Module." I'm already using "Always Accept." Like I said, the sims involved are actually good friends already although I do not want to be confined to those relationship settings just to initiate group sex. Takes all the spontaneity out of the game you know. I'm not using autonomy at all because I like to control the scenario. With autonomy on it seems like that all my sims want to do all the time and it gets old. "Always Accept" should mean "Always Accept." But it doesn't. Why even have it as a choice if other settings are going to override it?

Scorpio thanks for the answer. I tried setting gender to "anything goes" and I think that worked. However as you mentioned yes both genders start in right away. I really don't like using the gender settings that way because it always affects the animations. Males in female roles etc. Then I have to stop for a moment and switch them.  No offense to the creator of the Whims mod but in my opinion it's getting way to complicated. I'm spending a lot of time "chasing" (if you know what I mean) the mod instead of enjoying my game. It should be simple (at least to me). Always Accept+No jealousy+Open relationships+Polyamorous+Adulterer = No problem. Doesn't seem to work that way though. It used to.

MC Command Center (MCCC for short) is a rather huge mod that allows for convenient access to all of the game's cheats and settings through a single in-game interface. However, I seem to have been wrong about the settings regarding gender preference, as I can't find them right now.

Anyway, WW's own console commands for gender preference can be found here: https://wickedwhimsmod.com/relationships#/relationships-gender-preference/

Manually setting PREFERENCES for the Sims in question to whatever you need them to be (homo, hetero, bi) might fix your issue without any need for messing with the gender RECOGNITION settings (as these tend to have the side effects you described).

I'm with you on that "no autonomy" thing btw, but I really think that "always accept" is better the way it is now. It used to be a simple yes/no switch that would override pretty much anything getting in the way (it still kinda does, if set to "full"), and the addition of the "half" setting introduced a way for Sims to still "stay in character". If your Sims are too willing to have a little fun, simply reduce sex autonomy to keep everything balanced.

All those settings can be a little confusing at first and I remember having more than a few "What the heck?" moments when I started using WW. A good 300 hours of playng later I still don't know everything there is to know about this mod today - but the good news is: I don't need to, as long as the "basics" are enough to fix any issues I run into.

For me, "always accept + no jealousy + open relationships" still works the way it used to, so you probably just have to give WW a little push into the right direction.

23 hours ago, skippitydodah said:

Scorpio thanks for the answer. I tried setting gender to "anything goes" and I think that worked. However as you mentioned yes both genders start in right away. I really don't like using the gender settings that way because it always affects the animations. Males in female roles etc. Then I have to stop for a moment and switch them.  No offense to the creator of the Whims mod but in my opinion it's getting way to complicated. I'm spending a lot of time "chasing" (if you know what I mean) the mod instead of enjoying my game. It should be simple (at least to me). Always Accept+No jealousy+Open relationships+Polyamorous+Adulterer = No problem. Doesn't seem to work that way though. It used to.

Sorry I didn't explain better as the 'anything goes' setting isn't the correct one to use, you should have that set to the middle switch.

What I meant was the Gender Compliance Settings in the other WW sub-menus.

Problem is that they are global settings and affect all sims in the game.

The trouble with all these new WW features is that sims have to basically be bi-sexual now for group sex.

But the gender compliance switch, if set properly, just ignores all the gender confusion by bypassing the gender identities completely.

However this allows MM & FF at random too and not just limited to MF only.

So Crashdown117 is correct in that setting each sims gender preferences as needed prevents the whole game from becoming too wild.

I've just been using MCCC to change a sims gender preference just because it's menu driven rather than the WW command line trick.

Some animations are tagged for M, F, B(both), meaning they will also be used for MF, FF, or MM, (usually they also have a note, HO, HE, or Bi).

So you will need to download a strapon accessory for females to emulate the male animations so they don't look so wonky when random FF happens.

They just have to be put in mods and WW will use them as needed.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3482-azmodan22-female-strapon-collection-updated-09122018-rigged/