Bug where only the bottom half of a sim's body shows up.

image.png.99fe2c966671cf8ae587ef5fc5518cad.png

This is NOT an issue of a sim wearing broken CC items. These are characters that show up completely intact other times, and don't show up any better if I remove the CC items in CAS (incidentally, this only-bottom-half appearance affects the savegame and Manage Households thumbnails as well). If I save and close, remove all my CC from the mods folder, restart the game, then exit again and put all the CC back in my mods folder, then it will work fine for a time. But obviously, that's not something I want to be doing on a regular basis. Below is a comparison picture to show that the same characters can appear with or without the bug, depending on how the game's feeling at the moment, I guess. Note that the exact same CC and mods were in my Mods folder for the second image as the first. This makes it very hard to zero in on what's causing the problem, because I can change nothing and still get a different result, so if I do take out some mods and check back, I don't know whether it's actually changed because of the mods I removed, or just because the game felt like cooperating this time. (Also note that I've updated both the game and Wicked Whims since this started happening, and if anything, it's been happening more since I updated.)

image.thumb.png.621b3302925c76881f552076efad2899.png

2 hours ago, rb813 said:

image.png.99fe2c966671cf8ae587ef5fc5518cad.png

This is NOT an issue of a sim wearing broken CC items. These are characters that show up completely intact other times, and don't show up any better if I remove the CC items in CAS (incidentally, this only-bottom-half appearance affects the savegame and Manage Households thumbnails as well). If I save and close, remove all my CC from the mods folder, restart the game, then exit again and put all the CC back in my mods folder, then it will work fine for a time. But obviously, that's not something I want to be doing on a regular basis. Below is a comparison picture to show that the same characters can appear with or without the bug, depending on how the game's feeling at the moment, I guess. Note that the exact same CC and mods were in my Mods folder for the second image as the first. This makes it very hard to zero in on what's causing the problem, because I can change nothing and still get a different result, so if I do take out some mods and check back, I don't know whether it's actually changed because of the mods I removed, or just because the game felt like cooperating this time. (Also note that I've updated both the game and Wicked Whims since this started happening, and if anything, it's been happening more since I updated.)

image.thumb.png.621b3302925c76881f552076efad2899.png

So you removed your mods folder and everything was ok? There is a few persons  with same problem around. If that fix the problem is a mod fail 100% chances.

if you zoom in your characters get fixed or no change?

how many body mods you own in your Download folders?

2 hours ago, Elsalovescocaine said:

There is a few persons  with same problem around. If that fix the problem is a mod fail 100% chances.

Yeah, it definitely is a mod, the problem is figuring out which one.

if you zoom in your characters get fixed or no change?

There was exactly one time when the situation was improved by scrolling around (I don't even think it was zooming in, though), but every other time, it's no change.

how many body mods you own in your Download folders?

Do you mean like the mods that would show up as options in Body Selector? I have one, but it's only for women (and as you can see, this bug affects men as well).

3 hours ago, rb813 said:

Yeah, it definitely is a mod, the problem is figuring out which one.

There was exactly one time when the situation was improved by scrolling around (I don't even think it was zooming in, though), but every other time, it's no change.

Do you mean like the mods that would show up as options in Body Selector? I have one, but it's only for women (and as you can see, this bug affects men as well).

I mean zoom in and zoom out are for test lod on sims 4 mods. There are 4 lod.

lod means  3D model quality  used for distance and render. Usually heavy detailed 3D models are lod 1 and 0.  Lod 2 and 3 are low polygon models. These are used to prevent video card and processing collapse due to heavy models. Like a fancy hair as lod 0 , and a bald hair as lod 2 and 3 as example.

if you zoom in and your top dissapear , means. Problem could be due by a body mod. A body mod is like eve v7 body a replacement.

means something is wrong with that mod lod 1 and 0.

body mods are packages that alter vainilla body form. Like dumbaby meshes. With more boobs or noir dicks the ones that add penis to sim.

in that case a fast way to figure and fix your problem is looking for any kind of mentioned body mods, sliders or body presets. Remove and test. Which one is damaged 

10 hours ago, rb813 said:

The problem only happens with females in our game.

Sometimes they will fix themselves and sometimes not.

Problem seems to develop over time and got steadily worse.

Resetting Mods and such works at first but creeps back in eventually.

Topic discussion here: 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/147893-missing-torsos-on-random-sims-spawning-in-game/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-3084120

9 hours ago, Elsalovescocaine said:

if you zoom in and your top dissapear , means. Problem could be due by a body mod.

Nah, it doesn't happen that way. If the top of a sim is absent, it was always absent from the moment they appeared on screen.

9 hours ago, rb813 said:

Nah, it doesn't happen that way. If the top of a sim is absent, it was always absent from the moment they appeared on screen.

Uy that mod looks powerful, in that case looks for a default replacement. Do you remember one inside your mods folder?. I have eve body and feet replacements

1 hour ago, rb813 said:

Then why does the bug no longer show up when I take all the mods out?

Can't say. Have you run any of the batch fixes in S4S? And I don't mean the "disable for random" fixes, but the ones like "seasons fix," or "glass hair fix." After running my current stack off CC through those fixes (and moving a couple of sims out of the house), I still see it, but it happens way less. To the point where it's only an occasional annoyance.

• 2 years later...

I've found a partial fix for this. I noticed that for me it was always happening to the same characters. Perhaps incidentally, they were always female vampires (but I'm not sure it's related)

What I did was to use CAS module from MCCC and copy paste another character onto the defective Sim.

- When I copied the clothes, the clothes changed, but the bug persisted. (so it's probably not a clothing bug)
- When I copied appearance, the sim was fixed.
- When I copied the sim's clothes back onto itself (I had saved the household) the bug did not happen.
- When I copied back the appearance, Sim was immediately cut in half again.

So I ended up copying the appearance from non defective Sims onto every Sim I had seen this bug on, and have yet to see it come back. (and it was happening all the time, but this was the only think I changed, and has been quite a while since I last saw it.)
You end up losing the appearance of the Sim, unfortunately, but if you know how to re-create it, and if you also care for the Sim's inventory and etc., it's a good enough fix.

It is a piece of CC that is causing it.. I can't tell you which one, but I've encountered that in the past. When it happens again, Edit the Sim in CAS, Save it. open the sim you just saved in Sims 4 Tray Importer, and remove the CC attached.. Then do the 50 / 50 method on those pieces until you find the one that is causing your issue.

Check if you have multiple slider packages which may be conflicting, such as hokusai26_CHEST_slider_MALE_UPDATE_V1.6_Redheadsims_breast_alteration_Cmar_breast_separation_slider_HFO_backchest_slider.package and cmar_BreastSeparationSliderV4.package.

In my above example, the hokusai26 merged slider bundle may have a different version (older or newer) of the cmar breast sliders than the stand alone one from cmar.

For this example, removing the stand alone cmar package should correct the issue.

Unfortunately, these mod bundles can be problematic, since they potentially can include a version of a given mod that conflicts with another mod or mod bundle that has an older or newer version of that same mod.

This "duplication" can occur when downloading sims with custom content, since each creator may use different mods that works for their specific setup.  Unfortunately, this can potentially cause conflicts with similar mods used by other creators, or your own personal mod list.

You can also try looking for duplicate "Default" bodies, like the "MYOBI-evev9-top-default.package" and "[BB][Female]Top.package" from the Eve and Better Bodies mods since you can only have one set of default bodies for male/female/child.

I have used the program below to scan my mods folder and it was able to help me find some conflicting mods.

https://modthesims.info/d/572482/ts4-package-conflict-detector-windows-only.html